[EU] Server merging is a disaster

in WvW

Posted by: Inoki.6048

Inoki.6048

For the past month or so, maybe more, those playing on Desolation e.g. have seen the [Outnumbered] icon pop up far too frequently for their taste. When you look at how other servers are usually paired by at least two, while Deso’s always heavily outnumbered. On average we have around 5 – 8 ppl against zergs of 30 – 50+ ppl in EOTM, but BL and EB we’re also often outnumbered. The weeks before that it was 3 + 2 against 1.

Something should be done else that game mode is not worth playing for an entire server. Just came out of a group of just 3 ppl against 30. Insane.

If ANet haven’t noticed, thought they should know.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Deso was paired almost every match except the most recent, and you never saw anyone from Deso on the forums complaining.

That said, I think EU should revert back the way it was before linking, as the linking was mostly to fix an NA issue, and EU (for the most part) was fine as separate servers.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Inoki.6048

Deso was paired almost every match except the most recent, and you never saw anyone from Deso on the forums complaining.

That’s not complaining, that’s stating a fact. Or would you prefer if people just keep their mouth shut, leave it be and don’t enjoy the game at all. To some it matters, I’m one of those people. If nobody brought that up before, not really my issue, but not being able to enjoy an aspect of the game for more than a month is not something anybody paid for.

Having gone through the thread of the world linking this was no mere coincidence or a bug, but they intentionally screwed certain servers up. So now it should be OK for us to be constantly outnumbered for however long.

If they wanted to bring more people into WvW this was the worst way they could have thought of, because people are more disconnecting than connecting from what I observed, disgruntled from being outnumbered.

(edited by Inoki.6048)

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

You just had five straight months of pairing and being the bigger blob server.

If you feel it’s unfair, why weren’t you here complaining when you had the advantage?

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Arenanet should match servers based on WvWvW population (server + linked server together) instead of rank. They already have the code to count the active population. Just tally in the numbers from all linked servers as well and place servers vs each other based on the total population.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: exp.3178

exp.3178

I know it is hard to be outnumbered on every map, but instead of complaining go defend your homeborder and make that map not taken over by the big numbers.
I’m on Deso and i die a lot on my border and I just hate EB.

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

I know it is hard to be outnumbered on every map, but instead of complaining go defend your homeborder and make that map not taken over by the big numbers.
I’m on Deso and i die a lot on my border and I just hate EB.

I just die a lot myself.

in WvW

Inoki.6048

If you feel it’s unfair, why weren’t you here complaining when you had the advantage?

I mentioned Deso because I play there. If others didn’t mention the same in the past when they were disadvantaged is not my problem. They should have spoken up. Now they just blame others for doing what they should have done.

I know we are not the only ones who’re left solo. I am speaking up because I believe this is not right.

The current mechanic resembles favouring one child over the other: “Deso was mean to you for 5 months, now you get to be mean to them”.

Server pairing should be done exactly as mentioned by Deniara.

in WvW

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

Pretty much this. How ever even though i agree on that Deso are were they are because of their own dumb bandwagon idea to linked servers, i still have to say that the linking is a freaking disaster in EU. We had different matchups every week. Now we are being painted in to a corner of staleness.

Arena Net claimed they made FSP a monster server (with two links even though several guilds had just moved there) so they could face Viznuah who also got two links. This have yet not happen and this week my server have to fight Rivercart Side and Viznuah. Up to this week i thought RS was the master of siege, but oh boy have i been living a lie. I am sorry Riverside but Viznuah pushed you down to spot number 10 on that list and they own the 9 first them self.

This could be ok if it was only the keeps/towers. The ridiculous amount of siege in their keeps/towers is unbelievable. But now imagine the siege nest they build at every fight in the open field. There is always at least 5 shield generators involved. A insane amount of ac, ballistas and cattas.
I know why they do it because even if they are 5 times more then us, without the siege we run them over without any issue. They know it, we know it. So they built siege nests for 3 days now and our fights is about killing siege. All we are ever fighting is siege, more siege and more siege. No one wants to tag up anymore because there are no real fights to be found. Riverside can sometimes provide fights, they even been asking for it but our comanders just got exhausted of all the siege and given up because what is the fun to fight a blob of siege? And yes we do kill them, check their k/d ratio and you will see so this is not about them running us over in fights. It is about siege and more siege.

So after all that siege you go to bed and thinking, screw this i am doing fractals tomorrow and whilst dreaming nightmares about siege Viznuah is up nightcapping all night and building siege i imagine (the last one was just me being sarcastic, sorry)

My god i miss bandwagon Deso! I am sorry i was tired of facing your blobs for months. All is forgotten, we did not know there was something worse out there so please come back!!!

Please send ""Viznuah the siege and night cap monster to FSP at next mu. After all that is why they got two links, or at least that’s what Arena Net claimed.

in WvW

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

I feel with you Leaa. I’ve been on sfr when WvW was in its “glory” times fighting Vizunah every week for over 1 year. I’ve still got my fun little memory from these days.
Last week we’ve had Vizunah and BB playing against Kodash…this week we got fsp and BB >.<

Attachments:

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord of Rings.5371

Lord of Rings.5371

you never saw anyone from Deso on the forums complaining.

You might not see anyone complaining on the forum because some posts are deleted by censorship such as a thread by a Deso PUG Commander with 8K game time who came to this forum a few days ago to complain, quitting and thanking for the fishes.

His thread and all of its posts just total disappeared.

Fire Water Air
FA

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

The Problem is lack of commanders here now (many were on RoS), players leaving to linked servers or quitting the game. We didn’t ask for bandwagoners, but that’s the nature of many players in wvw.

The best thing would be to drop and lose population, get ppl in when it costs 1000 gems, not another 2 month bandaid, but T3 are national servers and anything below; nobody wants that. The control over population is terrible, linked servers are just 500 gems and open, they don’t understand that players just hop, since it costs so little.

There’s no point playing otherwise as a pug, if there’s no tag, unless you roam, I find that boring due to lack of balance though.

You could join a guild, only if you have the time, sadly not as many guilds spread out on servers, but places like piken has queues. I did that for 3 years though, since HoT or last year, the meta is less enjoyable though

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Well Anet could always move deso straight to T3 or something, problem solved.

People that complain about the links seem to forget that we’ve seen just as big (or bigger) movements in population before the links existed. They’re just trying to find an excuse for their own servers failure.

in WvW

Posted by: Aezyr.5304

Aezyr.5304

You might not see anyone complaining on the forum because some posts are deleted by censorship such as a thread by a Deso PUG Commander with 8K game time who came to this forum a few days ago to complain, quitting and thanking for the fishes.

Ins complained AFTER deso got unlinked.

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

#Poordeso gets outblobbed.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Ins complained AFTER deso got unlinked.

Need to remember that his guild couldn’t even win in EotM agains low levels.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Ins.7139

Ins.7139

Just FYI PT was going to leave Desolation because we knew we were over stacked. I’d only tagged up 3-4 times that month because it was so boring. As Deso lost the linking we then decided to stay.

I didn’t come to the forums to complain, I came to say thanks for all the fights over the years, however I had lost faith in anet blah blah blah. The point I was making wasn’t that I was leaving because of what happened, purely because whatever happened would have minimal impact as anet control everything now. I’ve been on Deso 2-3 times during a crash and then rebuilt the server / got it back up to T1. THAT was fun, fighting outnumbered for 2 months only for Anet to then throw some cheap servers into a linking as a money grab- what’s the point in even having servers when they are unable to resolve the core issues and server identity is all but gone.

After 4 years of fighting doors to PPT or out of boredom, enough is enough, time for a gaming break

Anyway this post will probably get infracted like my last, toddles o/

[PT] Ins For Da Waaagh
www.twitch.tv/ins_for_da_wagh
PuG Commander, blobbing it up since 2012!

in WvW

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

I agree, they just merged us a low wvw populazion server, with another even lower population server, and we are set aginst 4 top tier ones. So i guess two low populations make a strong merge, and other two make it a gank fest. Gg.

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

Bet ya’ll can’t wait for that epic new expansion anet is working on huh?

Its like gonna be sooooo epic with sooo much wvw and soooo many legendaries with lots of promises about HYPE baby!

in WvW

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

meanwhile Baruch Bay won’t be paired because Anet’s rules.

Which make us one of the lowest population server with only coverage for night capping.

Sigh…

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

in WvW

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

Which make us one of the lowest population server with only coverage for night capping.

Sigh…

I’m pretty sure you are still doing better than Kodash :/

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

in WvW

anduriell.6280

Sigh…

Probably because the nobody like night capping. Personally i don’t enjoy doing PvD for hours.

but if you log in before 8-9 there is not enough people in maps, because here in spain we work up to that hours. (6-7, grab a beer with friends and arrive home)

I TOLD YOU SO

in WvW

Posted by: Orb.7635

Orb.7635

At the moment Baruch Bay its marked like full and we only have population from 9pm to 3am. The rest of the whole day outnumbered, two borderlands and eb are empty, so I just wanna know how arenanet decide the population of them…

In my opinion EU really needs mark all national servers like international and let the people decide which server joins, nothing more. At the moment in Europe all players are moving to 2 servers of 14, so I hope you can understand that is not logical or shouldn’t be.

(edited by Orb.7635)

in WvW

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

Sigh…

You were always doing night cap even when your server were highly populated

in WvW

Posted by: Buy Some Apples.6390

Buy Some Apples.6390

Dont forget that server linking is still a beta.

Problem is that WvW itself is technically still in beta, and will never get the attention it needs.

So Deso will be outnumbered for a couple months and fall a couple ranks. Then it’ss get linked with a server and go back up, probably, unless the bandwagoners leave cos they want to be #1

Complained about WvW before it became cool.
I used to be a PvE player like you, then I played Guild Wars 2

in WvW

Posted by: Thea Cherry.6327

Thea Cherry.6327

Sigh…

Probably because the nobody like night capping. Personally i don’t enjoy doing PvD for hours.

but if you log in before 8-9 there is not enough people in maps, because here in spain we work up to that hours. (6-7, grab a beer with friends and arrive home)

Not everyone has a Nightblobb of 60 people, especially not Kodasch.

Btw. the skirmish system was supposed to be the answer to the nightcapping wasn’kitten Well, guess what: it does not work.

in WvW

Posted by: Lemoncurry.2345

Lemoncurry.2345

Btw. the skirmish system was supposed to be the answer to the nightcapping wasn’kitten Well, guess what: it does not work.

Welp, maybe it could have worked if Kodash wouldn’t have switched to full ‘kitten-that kitten-i-am-out-of-here-mode’ this week. Despite having a lower weekend population than usual and being behind Baruch in total points, we managed to be equal in victory points on sunday evening.
This was futile ofc because Kodash then pretty much stopped playing during the week… ;-)
So against really massive nightcapping (¡Hola Baruch), this system actually might help a bit.

Red Illie
Mondsucht [MS] – Kodash

(edited by Lemoncurry.2345)

in WvW

Posted by: mordran.4750

mordran.4750

That´s how it looks like when Arenanet tries to create “interesting matches” . As always they kittening failed, it´s ridiculous. A lot of people don´t even log in at all or only for a few minutes until they see that either FSP or BB (at night) has their mega zone blobs everywhere and simply go offline. This is not fun and if Arenanet does not start to handle that in a way more professional way, it will damage the wvw community in the long run. But they don´t even dare to come here to say something, really the worst handling of problems from a company i´ve ever seen.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Dont forget that server linking is still a beta.

Problem is that WvW itself is technically still in beta, and will never get the attention it needs.

So Deso will be outnumbered for a couple months and fall a couple ranks. Then it’ss get linked with a server and go back up, probably, unless the bandwagoners leave cos they want to be #1

Linking is not in beta anymore. Its a full and permanent feature of WvW now.

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

That´s how it looks like when Arenanet tries to create “interesting matches” . As always they kittening failed, it´s ridiculous. A lot of people don´t even log in at all or only for a few minutes until they see that either FSP or BB (at night) has their mega zone blobs everywhere and simply go offline. This is not fun and if Arenanet does not start to handle that in a way more professional way, it will damage the wvw community in the long run. But they don´t even dare to come here to say something, really the worst handling of problems from a company i´ve ever seen.

Like I have written multiple times: the match making should be based on total population (including linked servers), not the rank. If server links are reset every 2 months, it gives too short time for the glicko to adjust to new populations. In general glicko adjusts to population changes too slowly, created totally lopsided match ups. To make things worse, Arenanet increased the random glicko range. They did in purpose to make the glicko adjust faster, but the side effect is that we have way too large gaps in glicko and thus you have match ups like: FSP (EU #1) vs BB (EU #8) and Kodash (EU #9). Ideally the most populated server combinations FSP, Piken and Jade Sea would be in tier 1 match vs each other. And Deso should be in tier 3 with the current population.

Our current match up is even more imbalanced than your screen shot. Deso has mere 73 points vs Piken has 157. I think the ~2x point difference paints a rather rosy picture, because last time I played today we had just 3 players on home bl and outnumbered “buff”. We still managed to flip keeps and towers, but of course there was no way to hold paper towers/keeps against much superior numbers. So basically it is just a quick sneak capture and then run. I guess it is also quite boring for enemy as well, just to see one server running away…

Most top servers want big fights, but the current match up system doesn’t give much changes to them. Even a population difference e.g. 10 vs 30 vs 50 creates a huge advantage for the latter. You can split 50 players 30+10+10 and there is no way the side with 10 is able to defend against those numbers. So everything in the map will be paper and the vicious circle is ready.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: mordran.4750

mordran.4750

yes the infamous glicko-kitteno system…. Someone remember this:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Updates-to-Matchmaking

To be honest i would not be surprised if the system for wvw needs some serious fixing

in WvW

anduriell.6280

Sigh…

You were always doing night cap even when your server were highly populated

Yeh i explained before why: In spain workers have a shift from 8-9 to 7-8 (yeh most of us don’t know what is to work 35 hours a week).
So after work you go to have a beer with your friends or go do the food shooping and you arrive about 9-10 at home.

It is not that we don’t realize we play very late, but unfortunately this is how it works in spain.

So the day you can log in early, before let’s say 8, you are outnumbered and you can’t even roam because of the ganking squads.

If we could get paired with other server that play during the day maybe that could balance the population flow in baruch thus more people would play during the afternoon/morning.

Right now, we are locked in night capping, because even if you log in early there is no allies in the map to be useful.

I TOLD YOU SO

in WvW

Posted by: Moderator

We’re going to go ahead and close this thread, as match-up threads are not permitted on the forums.