EU Server with people playing on BL

in WvW

Posted by: Sich.7103

Sich.7103

Small question…. I’m searching for a server with people actually playing on the BL…
I hate EB, and the new BL with the WP on the keep begin to be playable… More change need to be done but it’s a good start…
But on my server no one is playing on the BL… Now everyone is on PVE during the day, or EB…. They only play on the BL at prime time, and just because EB is full….

Then I search a new server, with people online during the day and who actually play on all the BL, not only on EB, or not only at prime time…

Any idea where I can find that ?

in WvW

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

I dont see why people from different servers would prefer to play on different maps. Its same in every server – most people are still grnding in PvE. If they eventually go to WvW, they tend to gather up in EB first.

I am sure there are people like you who prefer new BL maps to EB but they are few and would probably not fill entire server.

in WvW

Posted by: Catalin.5341

Catalin.5341

If you can join SFR we can cap stuff together. EB is still king, but there are players on the bl maps too.

EU Seafearer’s Rest, Guilds: [AR] [tD]
Catalin Puf (Human Elementalist)
Catalin Elf (Sylvari Thief)

in WvW

Posted by: Notsoperky.2348

Notsoperky.2348

Outside of prime time you will struggle to find players in any maps except EB. During prime time some guilds might be around in BL, but whether they will welcome your presence is another matter entirely as these tend to be closed raids.

Earlier tonight SFR had outmanned buff in EB and no one in the other maps either, so it all depends on what time you usually play.

The new BL feels like a rejected third map after Dry Top where they were going to decide to have gliding and mushrooms but then decided not to use the map and revamped it for use as the new wvw map but without the gliding. The keeps certainly feel like gliding was a part of the design with all the very high ramparts etc .

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

Only when it’s late @ night or prime time, even then on Desolation most borders were outnumbered and Home Border was flipped by RS/JS, only for Deso to tick high at night.

It’s time to do something about night capping, or fill population gaps somehow, competitively WvW is pointless, or always has been really.

Attachments:

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in WvW

Posted by: Catalin.5341

Catalin.5341

Don’t know if this is the case on all servers, but on SFR we have commanders that refuse or are too lazy to learn the map so they tag up as usual cause people follow them, but they are just leading people into dead-ends and always take the super way around things to get to an objective. Then people start complaining how this map is so bad when they don’t even know it.

To get a feel of what I explained above, imagine the alpine borderlands and in order to get from hills to cragtop you would go through the garrison water-gate then up to sunnyhill, reach north camp and the go south to cragtop. That’s how people get to Palace when they start from Rampart Hilarious!!!

EU Seafearer’s Rest, Guilds: [AR] [tD]
Catalin Puf (Human Elementalist)
Catalin Elf (Sylvari Thief)

in WvW

Posted by: Sich.7103

Sich.7103

yep people have to learn the map, and I really think people have to start to take 1 keep / map and from that keep attacking the other stuff…. Trying to hold a full map is not the good way… We have to use the WP in the keep…

in WvW

Posted by: Notsoperky.2348

Notsoperky.2348

Don’t know if this is the case on all servers, but on SFR we have commanders that refuse or are too lazy to learn the map so they tag up as usual cause people follow them, but they are just leading people into dead-ends and always take the super way around things to get to an objective. Then people start complaining how this map is so bad when they don’t even know it.

To get a feel of what I explained above, imagine the alpine borderlands and in order to get from hills to cragtop you would go through the garrison water-gate then up to sunnyhill, reach north camp and the go south to cragtop. That’s how people get to Palace when they start from Rampart Hilarious!!!

Having a pvp map that contains dead ends and bad pathing isn’t great for promoting what people enjoy, and that’s pvp. People don’t want to spend ages having to navigate and getting out a compass in order to rejoin the fights- if they wanted that, then ESO battlefields would have been hugely more popular than they were- the number one complaint there being it took way too long to rejoin the fight.

People tag up as no one else is doing it and they are trying to get some action going, then they get 2-3 others to join them and go around pvd’ing as there is no one around and no enemies to fight outside of prime time. Then they get bored and move to EB to see if anyone is there, then they log off.

That’s why the BL’s are so Deserted, it’s nothing to do with comms who don’t know the way around the mini maze that is the BL. I’ve yet to see anyone complain if a comm goes the wrong way and end up at a dead end- usually it’s about the best laugh we have as the chances of finding enemies to fight outside prime time is low to non-existent unless the enemy map blob is map jumping then it’s our 5 against 30-40.

in WvW

Posted by: saturn.4810

saturn.4810

At least on SFR, you have commanders on the new maps