[EU] Which server should I transfer to?

in WvW

Posted by: Skenderbeu.9102

Skenderbeu.9102

Q:

I am in Gandara at the moment. The commanders are just playing PPT and when there’s a fight there’s like a 70 vs 70 man blob, FPS drops like hell, it is no fun.

Also the WvW guilds+some commanders don’t suit my playstyle on this server, I don’t know. There’s only 2-3 really solid guilds on this server but getting in on them is extremely difficult you have to have a WvW resume of a legend. True story.

Do you guys have any suggestions to which server I should go to that has actual proper fights and prefer to run a lot of organised GvG? And where there are good guilds that are willing to help me grow in WvW? I am not a noob I have quite the grip over what to do in WvW how to react and whatnot. I just need to be a part of a guild+server that prefers to raid a lot so I can gain a kittenton of experience and become a more confident player.

Help is appreciated, thank you guys.

P.S I don’t mean to be rude saying that Gandara is bad or whatever, it is just not the server for me I guess.

Little Krisi
WvW <3

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

A:

If you think the guilds there have high standards you won’t get in many other wvw guilds unless they are guilds looking to grow rather than the established ones – I know Deso has [AH], [GH], [ XXIV], [TF] who might be recruiting and we have a friendly community.

But well, you have to start at the bottom and make your way to the top which isn’t easy, then you have to think is it worth it with current state of WvW.

Oh I’m best answer.. heh.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

Aurora Glade will probably be a good place to look at.

in WvW

Posted by: Saint Scarlet.2906

Saint Scarlet.2906

Piken Square is the birthplace of most of the top EU guilds, a place where we all play for fun and to improve ourselves.

Commander Oracle Of Glint
Executed [EXE]
Piken Square

in WvW

CrimsonNeonite.1048

I’ve never heard of many guilds like that unless they’re one of the best… or otherwise.

Most Hardcore WvW Guilds will have high standards you may not fulfill though, unless they have the patience to train you and, or you show decent knowledge and talent with whatever class they are looking for. Certain classes have roles that have steeper learning curves than others.

Scrubio

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

I would like to see GvG guild where all players are real top players. You think that they still would use same lame tactics?

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

If you think the guilds there have high standards you won’t get in many other wvw guilds unless they are guilds looking to grow rather than most established ones – I know Deso has [AH], [GH] and [TF] who might be recruiting.

But well, you have to start at the bottom and make your way to the top which isn’t easy, then you have to think is it worth it with current state of WvW.

I applied to one of the top guilds and was told that I needed to have 150k WvW kills, GvG experience and be one of the top D/D ellies EU. This doesn’t seem like low standards to me. Maybe for others they are. But yes I am pretty kitten new to the WvW scene. Thank you for your input :p

LOL, which guild was this?

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

Roll a guardian, they tag everything, you can get piles of ‘kills’ whilst spamming 1 and before you know it you’re in the train with 10’s of thousands of ‘kills’.

Playing ele takes a bit more skill and tends to tag a lot less as you’re not in fire dealing damage as much, more in water casting healing fields, static, blasts, etc, and you need to be able to follow the group and do the right thing at the right time, which can take a lot of practice, and ofc ts is a must.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

If you think the guilds there have high standards you won’t get in many other wvw guilds unless they are guilds looking to grow rather than most established ones – I know Deso has [AH], [GH] and [TF] who might be recruiting.

I applied to one of the top guilds and was told that I needed to have 150k WvW kills, GvG experience and be one of the top D/D ellies EU. This doesn’t seem like low standards to me. Maybe for others they are. But yes I am pretty kitten new to the WvW scene. Thank you for your input :p

Semper Dius

A guild with expectations like that is a guild that won’t last very long.

in WvW

Posted by: Wompage.4586

Wompage.4586

Piken Square is the birthplace of most of the top EU guilds

Funny how they all leave the first chance they get though eh?

Soulorai – http://www.youtube.com/soulorai
[Scnd][RG][TUP]

in WvW

CrimsonNeonite.1048

Semper Dius

Okay.. heard this is true in some sense, I’m not sure what to say!

Scrubio

in WvW

Posted by: Nymph of Meliai.6739

Nymph of Meliai.6739

firstly, gvg is not wvw… and by the sounds of it you don’t like wvw.

If lag is a serious problem for you in silver league then you might need to go to the bronze league.

Blacktide sounds like a good place to start… free transfer places means that you can check it out for a week and then decide to stay or go.

Nymeria Meliae | SoS
Acid Bath Babies Go Plop Plop [FizZ]

in WvW

Posted by: Immolator.5640

Immolator.5640

I’d argue that what you say about ‘playing PPT’ is incorrect, that or we have different definitions Furthermore Dius was probably trolling you, they don’t have super huge requirements although they are more hardcore than previously now, been around in some form or another since near release.

In any case I’d recommend Piken or Aurora, although idk as much about the latter since pre-seasons, I do hear that it’s a good place to be.

Commander Ezekiel The Paladin
Underworld Battalion [WvW] Leader (retired) – Gandara [EU]
All Is Vain https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboard/

in WvW

Posted by: Armed Silon Il.4597

Armed Silon Il.4597

I heard this guild was recruiting on Piken http://www.gw2vr.eu/ maybe you should have a look at them

Znaaff (Ele)
Jinxta Fleshrender (Necro)

in WvW

Posted by: Maff.5180

Maff.5180

wow these requirements, if those were to be true, they would even decline few very experienced players who might hang around 120k kills :P
but if thats how the have been around for so long, then well ok whatever works i say.

as for which server to transfer to, if you are not going to join a wvw guild, id go for t1 server, sfr or deso, at least there are public raid leads on other maps than EB (map jump is an exception obviously), cant say that for gunnars for example right now.

VoTF
Elementalist
http://www.votf.net

in WvW

Posted by: Amelia Knox.9362

Amelia Knox.9362

I think you might also have apply to us as well in DAWN, btw the reason why you might find difficult to join already it’s the role you’re asking to play D/D ele in the current EU meta gets used 1 or 2 max in the roster, usually 1 so the space it’s extremly little.

Also it’s played in the focus party, and usually only the most constant people of the guild player there because if you miss 1 of the focus party you might easly lose a gvg or a fight for that reason atleast on the FP vs FP situation.

So the role you’re asking it’s very hard to fill, and takeing somebody with low experience it’s extremly Risky for a guild, in dawn we took people with little experience and it paid off in the long run, and had to remove so many people because they weren’t improving and from all guilds problably we’re the one putting more time into people training.

For your question, if you’re still in Gandara i would try Lol or Val as well yes aragorn it’s not there anymore but it’s a still a good spot to grow, if you want to go really really serious in gvg, with the amount of experience you have nobody it’s going to take the chance, because it’s simply to risky, not because they know you’re not going to make it just because the possibility for them to waste time it’s pretty big.

Gandara right now lacks a bit a new guild with a strong commander, if somebody it’s looking for an upcoming gvg guilds because that’s what it the best place for you, i would say play Pvp consistaly everyday, learn the class to the full while getting experience in a WvW guild then try to switch to something more serious if the guild u chose doesn’t progress in the direction you would like.

[Dawn] Gandara
Guild Leader

in WvW

Posted by: Castiel.7298

Castiel.7298

Would just like to set the record straight here, in case people are getting the wrong impression of Dius.
First of all we do not have a minimum WvW kill requirement, I don’t remember ever quoting a number like 150k for our members, it’s possible that most of our members are sitting in the region between 100 and 200k Kills but we also have few who are below this mark, we don’t judge an application based solely on the amount of kills, as it’s not an accurate representation of skill. However when you apply to a WvW focused guild, with only 5k kills and 100 rank, that suggests you haven’t spent long enough in the game to attain the required level of experience and knowledge of play we would expect from an average member. We’re not the type of guild looking to take in fairly new players and introduce them to a tougher style of WvW, we’re looking to take veteran players who have a good understanding of the raid and could further our guild.

As for the next, I did indeed say I was looking for members with GvG history, this is because we’re looking to try promote ourselves in the GvG scene, and as such it’s important for our members to already have experience under the conditions we’ll be facing, those who have spent the past year running in high end competitive play will usually perform better than those for which have first set foot in that game mode, we’re not the first guild to do this, I hardly think it’s unfair we ask people to be familiar with an area we’re looking to specialize in.

As for being the top D/D Ele, this is partly true, If we’re looking to be competitive we want players of a skill level that they would be considered one of the best in their class, we have 2 very good D/D eles already, so if we were to even consider taking another they would have to not only be better on an individual basis than our current members, but also good enough that we would consider replacing players who already know how we operate and the intricacies of our play style.

Hopefully this cleared everything up, so you had an idea from our point of view, I’m not saying you are not a capable player, but we have no real need as a guild to take you in as a trial member to try work on your performance.

Azradel – Guild leader of Semper Dius [Dius]
You are not prepared.
http://www.semperdius.co.uk/

in WvW

Posted by: Vinko.4602

Vinko.4602

Tottaly agree with Azradel here, and especially as DD ele you rly need to have be skilled as you will be in FP(focus party) and there, skill is dramastically improtant, more then running worker warrior/guardian IMO.
Cheers!

Revenant Amplified Wrath [AmP] FoW

in WvW

Posted by: Castiel.7298

Castiel.7298

Aye that is another good point I forgot to mention, we’re trying D/D ele in roles that we aren’t sure are fully viable yet, so currently i’m only trusting some of our best eles in the focus party and in new positions we’re trying, so really if we’re testing new things for us, we have to make sure any failure in a possible new approach isnt due to human error!

Azradel – Guild leader of Semper Dius [Dius]
You are not prepared.
http://www.semperdius.co.uk/

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

My guild would be full of ultimate dominators and sPvP tournament winners. Focus group would be good looking chicks.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Amelia Knox.9362

Also to apply to Dius if you don’t put EXTREME HIGH LEVEL OF Roleplaying it’s just impossibile to get in! Azradel Rp level so high! BEST RP EU hands down

[Dawn] Gandara
Guild Leader

in WvW

Posted by: Sombike.6291

Sombike.6291

Some Dius RP footage if you guys are bored and got time to watch :P
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1gqrzQLtxg

LeBlop – [Dius] – Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: synergetics.1286

synergetics.1286

I am in Gandara at the moment. The commanders are just playing PPT and when there’s a fight there’s like a 70 vs 70 man blob, FPS drops like hell, it is no fun.

Hey. Have gone to SFR, great server, great players. Want to get matched up versus Gandara asap. See you in the BL Dius =). Hopefully I’ll be “worthy” to face then, lol.

hmm.. Seems you lost sight of your original reasons for leaving.

in WvW

Amelia Knox.9362

@Krisi hey for Dawn was mostly we’re not running a setup of 2 d/d ele, we run 1 and we already have it, that’s the reason.

For Top d/d Ele, probablye Lord Asura from LaG it’s the best but not sure i know that he’s very strong and was playing D/D in pvp a lot even before the buff of the recent patch

Btw which guild u went? if there is an upcoming gvg guild i would like to know because i get application i can’t accept because we’re full often and i can send them some of the people apply to us

[Dawn] Gandara
Guild Leader

(edited by Amelia Knox.9362)

in WvW

Posted by: Dyno.9467

Dyno.9467

Would just like to set the record straight here, in case people are getting the wrong impression of Dius.
First of all we do not have a minimum WvW kill requirement, I don’t remember ever quoting a number like 150k for our members, it’s possible that most of our members are sitting in the region between 100 and 200k Kills but we also have few who are below this mark, we don’t judge an application based solely on the amount of kills, as it’s not an accurate representation of skill. However when you apply to a WvW focused guild, with only 5k kills and 100 rank, that suggests you haven’t spent long enough in the game to attain the required level of experience and knowledge of play we would expect from an average member. We’re not the type of guild looking to take in fairly new players and introduce them to a tougher style of WvW, we’re looking to take veteran players who have a good understanding of the raid and could further our guild.

As for the next, I did indeed say I was looking for members with GvG history, this is because we’re looking to try promote ourselves in the GvG scene, and as such it’s important for our members to already have experience under the conditions we’ll be facing, those who have spent the past year running in high end competitive play will usually perform better than those for which have first set foot in that game mode, we’re not the first guild to do this, I hardly think it’s unfair we ask people to be familiar with an area we’re looking to specialize in.

As for being the top D/D Ele, this is partly true, If we’re looking to be competitive we want players of a skill level that they would be considered one of the best in their class, we have 2 very good D/D eles already, so if we were to even consider taking another they would have to not only be better on an individual basis than our current members, but also good enough that we would consider replacing players who already know how we operate and the intricacies of our play style.

Hopefully this cleared everything up, so you had an idea from our point of view, I’m not saying you are not a capable player, but we have no real need as a guild to take you in as a trial member to try work on your performance.

Hey. Have gone to SFR, great server, great players. Want to get matched up versus Gandara asap. See you in the BL Dius =). Hopefully I’ll be “worthy” to face then, lol.

Umm.. how do you know who’s the best D/D elly EU anyways?

Wow nobody was expecting that -.-

“And now, to destroy you”

Asura – Desolation

in WvW

Posted by: Lemoncurry.2345

Lemoncurry.2345

Why do SFR and Deso attract so many people?
From an opposing sides point of view, Gandara is quite a nice server to play against (not that SFR and Deso are particulary bad – there are just so many players on those). In my experience there is a lot of action besides PPT, they are also found in non-blob- numbers and are generally eager for a fight…

Red Illie
Mondsucht [MS] – Kodash

in WvW

Posted by: Delta Blues.8507

Delta Blues.8507

If you’re just looking to have some fun and start to learn about roaming I actually think Gandara is a great server to do that. If it might be true that most guilds run the PPT train (which is needed to rank up) it’s also true I ALWAYS see many solo/duo/trio roamers around.

I find people are usually very supportive and it’s very easy to just join one or two random guys you see roaming and seek some fights with them. I also find that the skill level of most of the gandara roamers I see around looks pretty high and most are very experienced people that will be happy to help you out and answer whatever concern you might have.

So my advice would be that you could join a WvW guild you like to meet some people while joining the roamers on the server, and eventually try to start up a perma party for wvw roaming within the guild.

Ofc you’re free to do whatever you want, I just felt like saying that Gandara seems to me like a very good server for roaming as it looks to me there’s a lot of good ones around

in WvW

CrimsonNeonite.1048

Why do SFR and Deso attract so many people?
From an opposing sides point of view, Gandara is quite a nice server to play against (not that SFR and Deso are particulary bad – there are just so many players on those). In my experience there is a lot of action besides PPT, they are also found in non-blob- numbers and are generally eager for a fight…

It isn’t that bad yes, even though we’re kinda sick of each other there’s alot of action during most hours (not like during the tournament of course though!), apart from the fact we both lack the numbers at certain hours, so we usually dominate at night and SFR dominates during the morning and early afternoon, still there is both small and large scale stuff.

Sometimes it’s blobby for no good reason, but there’s plenty of Guild Groups to finds fights against if you are a group of 20+.

Attachments:

Scrubio