EU nr1 server transfer need to be shutdown.

in WvW

Posted by: xGraver.4918

xGraver.4918

To start of plz do NOT mention any server names here or this topic will be moderated.
Use there ranking number.

Im from that mentioned server and been for long time. Everyday we get more and more transfers there while others get much less. We are already over stacked and have most night time crew. It’s gone so bad past few weeks that other servers we face just give up and won’t even bother to come in wvw and fight. It’s apsoloutly kitten boring and killing the last of wvw.
If the transfers are shut off for NR1 server others will get the transfers. Fighting and playing whit equal numbers will bring back much ppl.

I know that some of you will come here and say why wount the alliance do smthing then but what can we do were all just players we have no real power.

Most likely this won’t ever happen nor any dev or important person won’t read this but at least i feel better, even when i know WvW is dead.

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

So they shut down that server and the exact same thing will happen with the new number 1 server.

It is however fully possible for you and your group to move to a lower ranked server if you want more even matches.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

To be honest, you can’t expect most Guilds to move at this point of the games lifespan, just because players are stacking on a single Server, as most of the top Guilds left are in among Top Tiers now. Otherwise variety is good, only if people stop thinking WvW as a balanced Competition – to focus on the fights instead, for the WvW scene for Guilds will at least strive and stay active in terms of Competitiveness, to a certain extent, it needs to happen.

I don’t know how many gems it costs, but can’t they just increase the cost of transfer manually and reduce the cost to transfer to Servers who need the player boost?
The cost > Population isn’t even accurate anymore, thanks to Megaservers, Server Pride is like having two cats in some ways..

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in WvW

Posted by: Bubi.5237

Bubi.5237

So they shut down that server and the exact same thing will happen with the new number 1 server.

It is however fully possible for you and your group to move to a lower ranked server if you want more even matches.

Shut down the server?
Reading skills are OP!

The thread is about “shutting down” the TRANSFERS to ‘that’ server, they can make an automated system which disable transferring to the Glicko-NR1 server, refreshed at every reset.
(Its not that hard to make, I believe they have the glicko-ranks, server-based transfer class with different amount of gems, its easy to increase it to 9999, which is almost the same as disabling it But I think that one more boolean variable for this purpose is almost the same difficulty. )

And I agree with xGraver, it’s a good idea (as servers are now only for WvW).

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in WvW

Posted by: Torgrim.3642

Torgrim.3642

If ifs not possible to shut down the transfer make it cost crapload of gems for transfer.

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

I was several times addressing that leadership EU rank #1 should think about balance of power. All my advice went to deaf ears. They kept on recruiting.

I stopped recruitment for many months, because I personally dislike queues and I enjoy even match ups, which are now sadly far gone in EU tier 1. And anybody who ends up against t1 servers gets the short straw and all TOP3 stomp the weaker servers. The situation is even worse than in the glory days of certain French language server. Over stacking is no longer a big queue problem as players can always go to EotM. WvWvW is becoming more and more dead outside the reset night, few busy hours of prime time, unless you really enjoy spamming #1 skill in a big blob and fighting doors or playing the solo (like me). The over stacking turned WvWvW into Player vs Door fest. And the new upcoming changes of giving points from any kill (reason to avoid fights, especially if enemy has a much bigger blob) and removal of white swords will probably just make matters worse.

It seems every single change Arenanet has done to WvWvW in 2 years just rewards blobbing more and more and punishes solo/small scale roaming. They probably do not do this on purpose, but the lack of understanding this game mode is obvious as stated by some of the leading WvWvW players, like Sacrx. The only way to gain understanding is to play a lot and analyze, this means several thousand hours of work, which I am sure most full-time game developers simply cannot afford, especially if it is not their main job. I am not saying blobbing should be removed as I also enjoy epic defenses of keeps and big battles, but surely there should be more diversity than the current situation. Instead of catering diversity and skill, Arenanet steers this game mode towards the “casual gamers”, making it more like pve champion trains, but the problem is the regular WvWvW maps are far from being the most profitable champion train and casuals go where the rewards are. We had a great opportunity to have a unique large scale competitive game mode, but alas it seems now all lost, as the developers or management did not understand their true hard core customer base and generally just listened to the top pvp players. All skill balance is still based on pvp, there are no “WvWvW only” skill balance changes and same WvWvW meta since the launch!. Tpvp was never popular.

You won’t like this, but there are just 3 reasonable choices to problem:

1. Players from rank #1 voluntarily migrate to lower rank (yet active) servers
- this might actually happen, but it will be just max few guilds and players
- in general the player migration has been: bronze->silver->gold->top3 of gold
2. Arenanet changes scoring, outnumbered “buff” and removes most of the imbalancing factors and gives better rewards from regular WvWvW (to bring the casuals back)
- currently EU rank 1 wins because it has the best overall coverage. It doesn’t matter if the other servers can tick a bit higher during few hours of prime time or some other hour, the total 24/7 score counts
3. Two other top servers recruit more and will get as over stacked and spread their forces over all hours 24h7 to match the coverage
- I see this highly unlikely to happen (I cannot go into details here, but you can contact me in game)
- obviously this would make situation even worse for other servers (match up against t1 server would be even more single-sided)

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

(edited by Deniara Devious.3948)

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

If you read a bit more carefully, it says shutdown TRANSFERS – not the SERVER.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Beleth.8249

Beleth.8249

Anet are waiting for all players to stack T1. They let it naturaly happen over time and then they can shut down some lower tier servers. They keep the revenue from gem sales and it’s a gold sink for those who use gold to buy gems. The numbers will be so low at bottom tiers that shutting down those communties won’t matter to them.
This is not a suggestion, just an observation but who knows what their intentions really are at this time. RIP to some communities.

12/5/14 Legendary

in WvW

Posted by: Xyppi.8061

Xyppi.8061

So from what I’ve been reading in pretty much all of the WvWvW forums that I’ve read, and what I infer, is that Anet has not, and will not, improve or change anything in WvWvW when it so desperately needs updating etc, to maintain life. The main problem is population, I didn’t need to come here to figure that out, on my server, we have prime time, and after a certain hour.. it goes dead, and we lose everything to the server with better night time coverage. We have kitten good players, but we’re losing them, and will continue to. All because we cannot rely on others to relieve us when we leave. I try my best, but because of our coverage, there is really nothing I.. we.. can do. But to clarify, we are not losing them to other servers, they don’t transfer, they stop playing Gw2. Gw2 will never completely die, look at Gw1, still somewhat active. But it will eventually stop being fun, for me, it will stop being so when the people I have as friends start leaving. And that is already happening.

in WvW

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

I feel everyone should swarm this/these server.. literally everyone from all lower tier servers..

break the servers, break the game.

Can you imagine the QQ’s we will get about empty borderlands.. a 650 tick 10 minutes after reset. heck it might actually get some developers off their kitten and scratch their heads wondering.. did we create this atrocity?

I say STACK till there is no tomorrow!
Break PPT.

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

(edited by Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046)

in WvW

Posted by: Beleth.8249

Beleth.8249

To be honest, you can’t expect most Guilds to move at this point of the games lifespan, just because players are stacking on a single Server, as most of the top Guilds left are in among Top Tiers now. Otherwise variety is good, only if people stop thinking WvW as a balanced Competition – to focus on the fights instead, for the WvW scene for Guilds will at least strive and stay active in terms of Competitiveness, to a certain extent, it needs to happen.

This.

Just that nr1 server has too many guilds and they have to wait for guilds to finish their scrims. Well when I was there we was lucky if we got one fight every hour, had to search whole map for a guild to fight and then you got blobbed sometimes. Sometimes we had to que up to scrim another guild. And casuals complained that we didn’t ppt. lol.
Well that will change soon cos of PPK.
No ones cares for ppt or the win. Just their individual scrims or fights. 1v1, 10v10, blob v blob.

WvW is not dead, ppt is.

Bring back match up thread’s tho and all will change over night and wvw will become that epicness you all crave.

12/5/14 Legendary

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

I feel everyone should swarm this/these server.. literally everyone from all lower tier servers..

break the servers, break the game.

Can you imagine the QQ’s we will get about empty borderlands.. a 650 tick 10 minutes after reset.

Actually usually EU rank 2 or rank 3 tick more during the reset than EU rank 1. But it is all different in the morning. EU rank #1 is winning because of the off-prime time coverage. Similarly EU rank 2 or rank 3 win against rank 4-9 because of better coverage.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I like stacking on seafarers rest. Everyone move to SFR!

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in WvW

Posted by: Moderator.6840

Moderator.6840

Greetings,
Please note that we do not allow Match-up threads on the Guild Wars 2 forum. You can read about our forum changes here:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Guild-Wars-2-Forum-Moderation-Updates

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Upcoming-Forum-Changes-to-WvW-Match-ups-Sub-forum
The WvW Community has created new spaces online for Match-ups and
other off-topic discussions, so it would be best to talk to the other
players on your server to find out best where they plan and discuss