Earlier Relinking?

Earlier Relinking?

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

Q:

I am curious about how relinking takes into account changes in match ups. DB which has a linked server is in tier 1 and YB which is unlinked has dropped into tier 2, does this mean that both servers have to wait the entire two months before there is a new relinking for them? Or would there be an adjustment made in between assuming the glicko settles them into the new tiers in these kinds of situations.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

Earlier Relinking?

in WvW

Posted by: lil devils x.6071

lil devils x.6071

Yes, they have to wait an entire 2 months from what they stated. No more Beta, and this was not mentioned so I don’t expect it to be changed. So yes, an entire server could evacuate in a day and be stuck where they are at the entire 2 months. If they started relinking servers every time someone population or tiers changed, they would be messing everyone up every week.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

(edited by lil devils x.6071)

Earlier Relinking?

in WvW

X T D.6458

That seems like bad planning. And rather unfortunate for YB because they are in that situation now, dropping while unlinked right at the start of a new relinking schedule and now they are facing 2 opponents with linked servers. Hypothetically speaking, if the quad server combo in t4 were to rise to t3 that would just cause an even bigger imbalanced matchup.

Earlier Relinking?

in WvW

Posted by: lil devils x.6071

lil devils x.6071

That seems like bad planning. And rather unfortunate for YB because they are in that situation now, dropping while unlinked right at the start of a new relinking schedule. Hypothetically speaking, if the quad server combo in t4 were to rise to t3 that would just cause an even bigger imbalanced matchup.

Players can still transfer there however, so they do not need a linked server when they are open. The thing is though, I see more players on YB wanting to leave there, not players wanting to move there. All that linking does is force players to go there against their will.

I personally think linking was a lazy, not actually a good way to solve the balance issues and doesn’t really solve the population problems. It just forces the lower servers to have to transfer to a new server every couple of months rather than move to one permanently and become part of that community instead.

Creating new WVW servers separate from the PvE base servers would have given them much more flexibility to control and balance WVW populations and create actual competition in the matches that will not be achieved otherwise. They simply cannot create new competition or balance with the linking system and they have not yet implemented anything to help players gauge population and balance of a sever before they move to it. Since they still lack the ability to disconnect a player from a WvW server for being inactive, they still allow for server stacking via blackout.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

Earlier Relinking?

in WvW

Posted by: Taxidriver.2043

Taxidriver.2043

blame the one voted 2+ months to relink too late to regret it.

Earlier Relinking?

in WvW

X T D.6458

Well most linked servers are open, and more will be after Monday. I mean if a server changes tiers there should at least be an equal starting point, using YB as the current example being dropped into a matchup against 2 linked opponents just seems really imbalanced and unfair, and would be demoralizing for any server.

@Taxidriver, I don’t think 2 months is a bad thing, personally I find it to be the better option. The issue is how they messed up the linking and don’t seem to have a backup plan to adjust for changes in matchups.