Easiest class for Zergling? (Not Gaurd).

in WvW

Posted by: Ballistic.2570

Ballistic.2570

Typically I’m running with a public commander, contributing in a small way to the zerg/blob and that’s the way I like it .

I find myself playing WvW almost every night these days. I already have a guardian and would like to make a second class, just for a bit of variation.

I’m level 450ish so I do have a vague idea of what’s happening with the other classes in the zerg but I have no idea what they are like to actually play.

All good advice is welcome :P

Edit: Thanks for all the good advice folks. I’m gonna have a crack at the Necro reaper wells build.

(edited by Ballistic.2570)

in WvW

Posted by: Pancake.3092

Pancake.3092

At level 450 it doesn’t matter what class you play!

Necromancer is a good zerg class, just stand behind everyone and spam wells.

in WvW

Posted by: Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

Necromancer is fun in zergs. Ranged-mid ranged dps role i guess
ele is fun too. there are different variations of eles builds aswell, both supporty and dps-y

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Well at least dont pick the theif or driud. They suck compared to gaurd.

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Go Revenant. Keep your facets up and hit people from 1200 range with your hammer.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Ballads.2509

Ballads.2509

If you want to do Damage -Rev or Necro.
If you like support go Ele or Mesmer.

in WvW

Posted by: Joshhh.2076

Joshhh.2076

Necro is useful, fun, fairly easy once you get the hang of positioning, and you can still push with melee sometimes using Reaper Shroud. It’s also the second-best class for tagging stuff after Guardian.

Gandaran.

in WvW

Posted by: Ansau.7326

Ansau.7326

It depends on what you plan to do with the alter class.

If melee is your thing (guard playstyle) then auramancer or scrapper will be very good alternatives. But if you want to try different roles in the zerg, try for necro, warrior or rev.

Youtube is full of WvW footage, you can check there what every profession does in zergs. And in metabattle you have most of the meta builds.

Ansau – Sylvari Mesmer – Exiled Warriors [wE] – Gandara

i7 5775c @ 4.1GHz – 12GB RAM @ 2400MHz – RX 480 @ 1390/2140MHz

in WvW

Posted by: cyberzombie.7348

cyberzombie.7348

staff ele is good for aoe damage/pressure and cc

What good is a medic w/o a patient?

in WvW

Posted by: vove.2768

vove.2768

Necro, warrior, ele.

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Easiest?

Warrior cause auto stability/dmg negation and easy resistance with no gimic block/mobility.

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Easiest?

Warrior cause auto stability/dmg negation and easy resistance with no gimic block/mobility.

warrior with gimmick is the way :} damage and being very sturdy, who doesnt like that.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: Cerpendeel.8962

Cerpendeel.8962

I already have a guardian

I think a DPSy backliner would be a good variation then. Necro / ele / rev.
Necro being the easiest of these.

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Necromancer is fun in zergs. Ranged-mid ranged dps role i guess
ele is fun too. there are different variations of eles builds aswell, both supporty and dps-y

Reaper Shroud form is lots of fun, but I wouldn’t recommend vanilla necro. It’s sluggish, boring and lacks escapes.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: Ballistic.2570

Ballistic.2570

Thanks for all the good advice folks. I’m gonna have a crack at the Necro reaper wells build.

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

It’s also the second-best class for tagging stuff after Guardian.

Actually I’d place Flamethrower Engi ahead of Necro and just behind Guard. Honestly maybe even higher than Guard.

Flame Jet hits 5 targets per second on a 2 1/4 second cast. Especially with Quickness, you can get a ton of tags. The only downside is that you will absolutely destroy your own health bar on Retaliation if you get greedy.

Still, I’ve been using it a lot lately and although it has no place for support/in the meta in zergs, it’s incredible for tagging and bagging. I just mash Flamethrower #1 and haul in bags by the hundreds.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Still, I’ve been using it a lot lately and although it has no place for support/in the meta in zergs, it’s incredible for tagging and bagging. I just mash Flamethrower #1 and haul in bags by the hundreds.

You can run HGH FT and drop potions for boons in your allies to not feel you’re selfish for not helping your group. Not a high end build and far from being optimal, but I used to run somenthing similar back on vanilla and it worked nice.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

(edited by Jeknar.6184)

in WvW

SpellOfIniquity.1780

You can run HGH FT and drop potions for boons in your allies to not feel you’re selfish for not helping your group. Not a high end build and far from being optimal, but I used to run somenthing similar back on vanilla and it worked nice.

At the moment, I run a Commander/Soldier/Celestial build with Durability runes, Scrapper, Alchemy and Fire Arms of course with Juggernaut (very similar to the build you linked).

To be 100% honest, I literally never make builds with group support in mind. I just play what I enjoy, avoid being a rally bot and help anyone I can without getting myself killed in the process.

Over all, I really like Flamethrower in zergs. It’s frigging amazing at tagging and the perma-Stability just makes it all the more fun

(edited by SpellOfIniquity.1780)

in WvW

Posted by: Typhus.3502

Typhus.3502

Play glass rev. Frontline, backline, doesn’t matter. Insane damage with no cooldowns, 100% crit, pulsing boons, lots of mobility and get out jail free buttons. I wish I could play my ele or well necro, but they just don’t compare.

[TW] Pumped

in WvW

Posted by: Jacion.6302

Jacion.6302

Keep in mind that necros are a dime a dozen…every zerg has like 12.

Beserker in ascended marauders running gs/hammer is greatly satisfying. You bring little to team support other than dps…Elite banner and if you are weird, other banners. Your personal ability to negate stuns/condi and heavy regen / movement even if your zerg pops you into the crap catch all party and not the meta parties, will allow you to double penetrate (front to backline and then back to front) / stay glued to tag and collect huge bags while generally being close to last man standing in a wipe. Generally 28-30khp, 3300 armor, great regeneration and burst heal, personal stability and condi clear everywhere. My damage is substantial without being glass or bunker….kitten, sometimes a zerg gets the full 100blades treatment in the middle and you can dodge /gs 3 out…at that point you have literally tagged every member of a zerg for a minimum of 1k damage which I have always felt 1k is the bare minimum goal to get your bags.

If guards and Rev are your boon King / heal front liners…zerker are mad man dps running circle train through zerg blobs.

in WvW

Posted by: Rambitshouse.8712

Rambitshouse.8712

Play glass rev. Frontline, backline, doesn’t matter. Insane damage with no cooldowns, 100% crit, pulsing boons, lots of mobility and get out jail free buttons. I wish I could play my ele or well necro, but they just don’t compare.

^ A rev can pretty much push into a zerg solo, take zero damage and you can mash your keyboard and spam skills you don’t even know what they do and down people, then run away with 100% hp still.

Dtox

in WvW

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

Go Necro, it’s fun, does good damage and has good survivability.

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

^ A rev can pretty much push into a zerg solo, take zero damage and you can mash your keyboard and spam skills you don’t even know what they do and down people, then run away with 100% hp still.

Hey, don’t give away my secrets. ;;

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Actually I’d place Flamethrower Engi ahead of Necro and just behind Guard. Honestly maybe even higher than Guard.

To me Necro is a tag beast as its Wells typically hit more than 5 players due to the pulse, are long range and are Unblockable in most zerg builds. They basically have a half dozen long range Unblockable AoE’s, a close range elite that pulses for 20s and an AA that is long range which also hits 5 targets.

They may not win the tag count in melee zerg fights but they own long range pirate ship ones. Oh and they often boon strip which can turn the tide.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

My herald gets completely melted. I don’t understand how some people make it work. I suppose I’m not alone, not many people play them.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

SpellOfIniquity.1780

To me Necro is a tag beast as its Wells typically hit more than 5 players due to the pulse, are long range and are Unblockable in most zerg builds. They basically have a half dozen long range Unblockable AoE’s, a close range elite that pulses for 20s and an AA that is long range which also hits 5 targets.

They may not win the tag count in melee zerg fights but they own long range pirate ship ones. Oh and they often boon strip which can turn the tide.

Very true. I suppose it all depends on how you go about tagging people as well. I’ve been playing a vanilla condition Necromancer for 3 years. I dislike Reaper and I’m not particularly great with vanilla power Necro although I do like it. So most of what I have to work with is Epidemic, Well Of Corruption and Corrosive Poison Cloud. All of them hit multiple targets and such but conditions simply don’t haul in as much loot as direct damage.

So, I’ve just been camping my Engineer lately as I’ve found it to be the most effective at loot collecting. Maybe it’s how I play it, I’m not sure. But I’m literally getting triple the amount of bags during fights that I ever have on anything else. Flamethrower manages to hit like every single person on a push it seems.

And to be clear, I’m not disagreeing with you. Just in my own experience, Engi + Flamethrower has been a monster at tagging and bagging.

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

My herald gets completely melted. I don’t understand how some people make it work. I suppose I’m not alone, not many people play them.

I run super glass hammer except my swap staff which is magi with cleansing/renewal. Yes if you are zerging glass hammer you NEED glint/shiro with staff on swap. It’s all about position and sword/shield locking you down is no good.

Once you learn how to stay alive it’s obscene the things you can do to little noob zerglings.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQJASmnvN2gS6JvQRVlbosryPUYW5IKYs8ElFNFqtABoBsh5MtxegJshA-TFTBABkfEAq4ABQz+DUq+zzHCgB1EswFEAPdAoohwMlgXp8DgHAQAAEgbezs5NDcezbezbezzNv5Nv5NvZpACcYE-w