Edge Of The Mists is DEAD!

in WvW

Posted by: Dr Doggs.4059

Dr Doggs.4059

With recent updates with the Eternal Battlegrounds has inevitably destroyed the Edge of the Mists. The new updates in the Eternal Battlegrounds offer the ability to earn pips and Skrimish Tickets.

But what has been updated to the Edge of the Mists a much more Favorable map regarding World Vs. World.

Killed it dead in the water. Its pro-dominantly 1 team sick of the Eternal Battlegrounds commanders being children using Team speak and ready to scream at you because the team got wrecked. Clears the map so everything is capped. Then are bored with WvW because the Eternal Battlegrounds has become a disaster ground.

Will they ever bring back the Edge of the Mists?

Have they killed the Edge of the Mists with this Skrimish Ticket and Pip Rewards. Or do they have something else in mind that is going to bring back the Edge of the Mists.

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

you do realize that there is EBG + 3 other borderlands that earn pips right?

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

Eotm was created as a waiting zone for players unable to get into wvw because of queues. As unseen side effect was for it to become a ktrain/leveling area. So I’d say it was working as intended.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

EOTM is primarily made for people that are waiting in queue for WvW so it is working as intended if EOTM is empty when there are no queue in wvw.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

RIP EotM

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

No scheduled stop for the loot train
No reason to be

in WvW

Posted by: Tifa.6473

Tifa.6473

You can hear the crickets when you go into the eotm ghost town.

Tifa
Reaper
Everything she touched crumbled to dust.

in WvW

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

I like eotm. =)

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Could we get more tickets every week so i could go back in EotM earlier?

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Lahmia.2193

Could we get more tickets every week so i could go back in EotM earlier?

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

in WvW

Posted by: Brigand.9502

Brigand.9502

rip eotm

GOOD!

in WvW

Posted by: OscLin.7253

OscLin.7253

commanders being children using TS .. maybe you should stay in EotM

in WvW

Posted by: ugrakarma.9416

ugrakarma.9416

Eotm is fun and relaxing, i can spend the whole day there without noticing time going on.

By the way it will be good opportunity to get some achievs like bridge buster.

(edited by ugrakarma.9416)

in WvW

Posted by: Malerian.8435

Malerian.8435

Still a good place to go kill n00bs.

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

RIP EotM

How is this a bad thing?

EotM is a testing ground / Q waiting map unless they comply detach it from wvw i cant see it ever being its own open world pvp map.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Posted by: Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Eotm is fun and relaxing, i can spend the whole day there without noticing time going on.

I see lots of vets say things like pvers are ruining the game mode. Or players who only want rewards are ruining wvw. Or players who want less grind for rewards are ruining wvw.

In my opinion it’s players who play it to “relax” that water down the content and the experience.

aka. “The Complainer”

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

RIP EotM

How is this a bad thing?

EotM is a testing ground / Q waiting map unless they comply detach it from wvw i cant see it ever being its own open world pvp map.

What tests has Anet done to EotM? Since it was released what exactly has changed in the map.

in WvW

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

Eotm can’t be roamed, what’s the fun in being there? I went a couple of times for achievements and it’s just a tedious place to be. It’s like wvw for people who don’t like wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

I see lots of vets say things like pvers are ruining the game mode. Or players who only want rewards are ruining wvw. Or players who want less grind for rewards are ruining wvw.

In my opinion it’s players who play it to “relax” that water down the content and the experience.

A lot of WvW’ers or even “vets” play the mode to relax. Whats relaxing is subjective. I relax by jumping in WvW and playing it as intended (Taking stuff, defending stuff, PPK…etc), so I don’t see me “relaxing” in WvW as watering the mode down or the experience.

Seeing your other posts involving WvW, i’m not surprised you said what you did. Your lack of examples here hurts the point you are trying to make (just fyi it may help).

WvW is what it has been over the last x amount of years. People have learned to accept it for what it was and got comfortable with it. Its called Human Nature that with the influx of new players complaining about things that are no longer relevant, it’s going to ruin WvW for those that have gotten comfortable and don’t want it to change as much as it has lately.

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

the whole game outside pvelandia is dead…. no worries this is a pve game.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

I was in PvE today. Those miniraptors are frigging crazy. Easier solokill 10 wvw players than miniraptors.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

I was in PvE today. Those miniraptors are frigging crazy. Easier solokill 10 wvw players than miniraptors.

Lol i dunno about that…ive seen some really rood roamers :p

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in WvW

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

hard to kill mini raptors? really? I must be in a different game.. and I’m not trolling you. Pretty much doesn’t matter which of my classes I play those little things don’t last more than a few seconds if they try to mob me. So boring compared to wvw for sure

… just call me … Tim :)

in WvW

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

as for the subject line… I thought eotm was dead a long time ago…

… just call me … Tim :)

in WvW

Posted by: seabhac.5346

seabhac.5346

EotM still functions as it was intended… a good map to wait out the queue for WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

I never cared for EotM, but feel for anyone whose preferred game mode is suffering.

in WvW

ugrakarma.9416

Sry but i do my homework. I have a guard with WvW build, im in some WvW dedicated guilds.

However come to reality, who keep the WvW alive are the ktrainers. As far as the typical “pros” who claim that no one is a “real wvw” are concerned, WvW would limit guild fights that last for a maximum of 3 hours after the reset and spend the rest of the day locked. Ktrainers and pugmanders is who extend the life of the WvW.

in WvW

ugrakarma.9416

I never cared for EotM, but feel for anyone whose preferred game mode is suffering.

Eotm have kinda random population. Theres seasons where is empty, other seasons u get perma zerged by foes when overpopulated servers fall on same color. The Eotm population has never been balanced.

in WvW

Lahmia.2193

Sry but i do my homework. I have a guard with WvW build, im in some WvW dedicated guilds.

However come to reality, who keep the WvW alive are the ktrainers. As far as the typical “pros” who claim that no one is a “real wvw” are concerned, WvW would limit guild fights that last for a maximum of 3 hours after the reset and spend the rest of the day locked. Ktrainers and pugmanders is who extend the life of the WvW.

K training in wvw only really happens when one side has the coverage for that timezone and the others do not. Its not a case of two forces run around in circles like in eotm.

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

K training in wvw only really happens when one side has the coverage for that timezone and the others do not. Its not a case of two forces run around in circles like in eotm.

that happens 90% of the time……. when isnt blue its red or green, if theres more than one blob each one fight on maps where they can capture w/o a fight…. usually both gang the server with less population, wich contradicts what ANet have sated before, sayign that the weaker servers tend to atack the bigger one, its totally the other way arround….

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Good riddance to EoTM.

Let it rot

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Firebaall.5127

Firebaall.5127

The reason “real” WvW players hate EotM is they can’t figure out how to stop falling off the edges and dying while running in their pro WvW blobs. lol

in WvW

Posted by: Grav.3568

Grav.3568

Best time for EotM these days is in the hours leading up to reset once people reach the point where they realise they won’t get anymore tickets that week.

The reset queue itself only lasts a couple of hours before it clears itself.

So maybe 4-6 hours per week on Fridays it’s still playable.