Ehmry Bay, Yak's Bend, Listen Up!

in WvW

Posted by: Slamz.5376

Slamz.5376

And in doing so, they made themselves the natural target of their opponents because that early into the week, you cut off potential leads faster before they can snowball into something that can’t be stopped.

I don’t really buy this. Or at any rate you’d think that going into the 4th day, with Maguuma in a solid lead, Yak’s would realize that maybe they should, I dunno, let us beat up Maguuma rather than constantly defending ourselves against Yak attacks?

That is, if there is intelligence at work, as you claim, then they should have switched targets right around the middle of Saturday. I think there’s no real intelligence behind most of what happens. It’s pure zerg power. Yak’s pushed through Dredge and attacked Anzelias to their doom at least 15 times yesterday. Highly predictable. Dredge -> Supply camp -> Anz. Over and over. Despite Maguuma being in the lead. Despite us intentionally leaving dredge unturned sometimes just to try and avoid the backlash. Despite Anz being impossible for them to crack for hours on end.

They just kept coming. And each time we’d have to divert some anti-Maguuma forces to clear them off the tower.

Intelligent backlash because of a Friday lead?

No.

It’s just the mindless zerg. I suspect Yak is kind of like Ehmry in that there are few, if any, large, dominant guilds providing good overall direction. It’s mostly zerg hive mind.

Some suggest that Maguuma continues to target us because they’re bitter about being crushed by Tarnished Coast, but I think it’s mostly just the bugged garrison that landed in their favor making it appear that way. Arenanet couldn’t be bothered to do anything about it for the first 3 days (and counting) of a 7 day match… A number of EB players gave up the match and turned to PvE basically saying “I’ll be back when the bugs get fixed.”

Losing an entire map to a bug is pretty disappointing. Without garrison it’s much harder to attack the side keeps, much less hold them.

Camelot Unchained – from the makers of DAOC
A game that’s 100% WvW
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

(edited by Slamz.5376)

in WvW

Posted by: Jamaz.9837

Jamaz.9837

Sharpclaw.7510, you mention that us taking the lead early is some kind of strategic act from our server and a tactical mistake. You’re over-analyzing it. It’s as simple as us having the population to fill all borderlands on Friday when can play, and then only fill 1-2 borderlands the rest of the week – morale or any other factors aside. This is what occurred last week and isn’t some grand scheme.

Kyrul.7681, you have pictures of [Kaon] hacking the orb all week, but you make the assumption that last night EB hacked your orb. I can guarantee you that we did it the normal way since some of our guys broke through the outer and inner gate earlier and then wiped. A mesmer in our guild said he managed to hide in the vista and was speaking in our voice chat about how happy he was overlooked. 15 minutes later, he dropped down and ganked the orb. You’re welcome to trash talk all you want, but do not accuse our server of any wrongdoing where it’s not due.

Ehmry Bay – The Shadowmoon

in WvW

Posted by: gloombot.3519

gloombot.3519

And in doing so, they made themselves the natural target of their opponents because that early into the week, you cut off potential leads faster before they can snowball into something that can’t be stopped.

I don’t really buy this. Or at any rate you’d think that going into the 4th day, with Maguuma in a solid lead, Yak’s would realize that maybe they should, I dunno, let us beat up Maguuma rather than constantly defending ourselves against Yak attacks?

That is, if there is intelligence at work, as you claim, then they should have switched targets right around the middle of Saturday. I think there’s no real intelligence behind most of what happens. It’s pure zerg power. Yak’s pushed through Dredge and attacked Anzelias to their doom at least 15 times yesterday. Highly predictable. Dredge -> Supply camp -> Anz. Over and over. Despite Maguuma being in the lead. Despite us intentionally leaving dredge unturned sometimes just to try and avoid the backlash. Despite Anz being impossible for them to crack for hours on end.

They just kept coming. And each time we’d have to divert some anti-Maguuma forces to clear them off the tower.

Intelligent backlash because of a Friday lead?

No.

It’s just the mindless zerg. I suspect Yak is kind of like Ehmry in that there are few, if any, large, dominant guilds providing good overall direction. It’s mostly zerg hive mind.

Some suggest that Maguuma continues to target us because they’re bitter about being crushed by Tarnished Coast, but I think it’s mostly just the bugged garrison that landed in their favor making it appear that way. Arenanet couldn’t be bothered to do anything about it for the first 3 days (and counting) of a 7 day match… A number of EB players gave up the match and turned to PvE basically saying “I’ll be back when the bugs get fixed.”

Losing an entire map to a bug is pretty disappointing. Without garrison it’s much harder to attack the side keeps, much less hold them.

Always a sympathy-seeking excuse as to why we ever attack you. Last week it was a secret “alliance” because we were fighting for second… this week it’s because a garrison bugged (in our favor, I’ll admit, but without proof, not by our actions).

Really, what you’re saying is Maguuma has no excuse last match up, and this one, to attack Ebay, ever, should ignore all attacks or opportunities left by Ebay, and should never even queue in their battlegrounds.

By Ebay’s logic, whichever server is in the lead should never attack anyone. Just sit in what they own and defend until pushed back to their default holdings til everything is even, then we should evenly distribute our forces down to the man between the other 2 servers fronts.

Fights are going to be imperfectly calculated, either in the enemies favor or yours… Please. Please get over this already.

Doom Bot – One Man Riot [iRez] – Maguuma – Guardian

(edited by gloombot.3519)

in WvW

Posted by: Kyrul.7681

Kyrul.7681

Kyrul.7681, you have pictures of [Kaon] hacking the orb all week, but you make the assumption that last night EB hacked your orb. I can guarantee you that we did it the normal way since some of our guys broke through the outer and inner gate earlier and then wiped. A mesmer in our guild said he managed to hide in the vista and was speaking in our voice chat about how happy he was overlooked. 15 minutes later, he dropped down and ganked the orb. You’re welcome to trash talk all you want, but do not accuse our server of any wrongdoing where it’s not due.

I’ll take your word for it, I’m just going by what people nearby claimed. Ultimately it really wasn’t that big of a deal, and won’t be unless it becomes a repeat problem.

As far as alliances go, I have no knowledge of any such thing. If we’re taking territory from you it’s as simple as that it is the easiest thing to do at the time… we want to control as many points as possible at any point to increase our score. Nothing personal.

Also, half of us know what the other half is doing half as much as we want to half the time.

(edited by Kyrul.7681)

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

Someone grabbed screenshots and reported the second one that happened yesterday, so Arena.Net will make the final decision. I was only there for the first one.

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in WvW

Posted by: norman.7026

norman.7026

Interestingly, saiyr’s game bug thread showing [Kaon] glitching under the keep is now gone, so the link in my previous post no longer works. I hope this means that ANet has fixed it or flagged it for a fix next patch. The orb bonus is not insignificant, and being able to effortlessly keep it out of other servers’ hands is a huge deal. Supposedly a similar exploit is what caused the garrison lord to become invulnerable, allowing Maguuma to hold it permanently (reminder: we were not the ones to glitch it; we just held it when the glitch occurred).

Kaon should be embarrassed to condone such actions, assuming they haven’t kicked the players out of the guild already.

in WvW

saiyr.3071

I just remembered that the second time it happened when I was online, the person said there was no guild tag, so we are probably talking about different events. Regarding the thread, it was deleted due to “character assassination”. I guess revealing the guild tag in public was not right. They responded to my ticket saying they would look into the violation, but didn’t say anything about a patch.

in WvW

Posted by: zTales.4392

zTales.4392

I’d just like to add something here, about Maguuma. Just the other day, I was thinking about transferring off of Maguuma due to all the crap I’ve been hearing. However, after actually logging back on for the first time in 24 hours and talking to some people, I realized that it would be silly to do such a thing.

I’ve grown very attached to the server. The people on here have been nothing but nice to me. The community is getting organized, which is great. And GOON? All of the Goons that I’ve talked to are really cool, and they’re not the monsters some people portray them as. Most importantly, I’ve seen proof that all of this talk about Maguuma ‘cheating-to-win’ just isn’t true. Sure, we have some baddies who like to hack, but there are very, very few of those people. It’s just like any other server. You’ll always have “those people”, but chances are, the majority of the server isn’t bad. Not only that, but some people on the forums are just completely blind to the fact that some stuff isn’t exploitation, and we’re not the only server doing it (the location of trebs, for example). In addition, some people are just making stuff up to make us look bad.

Anyway, my point is, I’m very happy with Maguuma, and it’s no worse than any other server out there. Every server has its baddies.

Bri Dragonblight – Ranger | Bri Iceblight – Guardian
Northern Shiverpeaks

(edited by zTales.4392)

in WvW

Posted by: Sharpclaw.7510

Sharpclaw.7510

I can’t really comment on your current match and I wouldn’t presume to. But in general, I can say what occurred in EB’s last match (and I’m assuming you’re from EB, correct me if I’m wrong). And in general, it was easy for TC and Mag to contain EB and do so from the start to prevent progress in a lead. This partially happened in this week’s TC/SoS/GoM match. GoM overextended in the initial day of the match and the response was to shut them down, basically. Although the pretty public orb incident didn’t help. Which is unfortunate because it brought the hammer down on that server for the actions of a single individual.

I’m not saying that the shift to a 2v1 will always occur; please don’t think that. But it is one of the balancing factors in WvW and one of the reasons that it’s three realms and not two. That Yak’s isn’t turning entirely to Mag with you could be for a lot of reasons. I’m not really in a position to say, partially because I don’t really know the current point situation.

Sharpclaw.7510, you mention that us taking the lead early is some kind of strategic act from our server and a tactical mistake. You’re over-analyzing it. It’s as simple as us having the population to fill all borderlands on Friday when can play, and then only fill 1-2 borderlands the rest of the week – morale or any other factors aside. This is what occurred last week and isn’t some grand scheme.

You misunderstand me. I’m suggesting that you had no plan at all. Besides “Go!”. The turn towards Ehmry from the other realms began as early as the next day, largely because of overextension. If you cripple one enemy, you only really need to worry about the other.

It was also because Mag and TC constantly tested the waters against each other, particularly in EB’s south. Each advance into enemy territory wasn’t able to last. Not until either side could focus on the other pretty much without worry from the third party.

in WvW

norman.7026

Without getting too deep into it, Something Awful has a long and storied disdain for internet culture, despite being one of the longest-running internet communities still around today. If you can communicate intelligently, not fall for some of the “sanity check” trolls (we do not do open recruitment of any sort, and anybody telling you otherwise is trying to get you to embarrass yourself), and for the love of god, lurk more, then you will do just fine around goons.

The reputation for being the destoyers of games pretty much all comes from Eve Online. They have a presence in almost every major game, but it’s different people in every one. So don’t get mad at [GOON] just because Goonswarm/Goonfleet screwed you over.

in WvW

Posted by: TsukasaHiiragi.9730

TsukasaHiiragi.9730

The main problem with Ebay is simple, there are only a few dedicated WvWvW guilds on our server, and even less at night which is where most of the more hardcore servers strike, not counting hacks and dirty tricks. Ebay also have a problem with server jumpers, oh no we’re losing [insert world transfer to x] granted this isn’t the only server with that problem.

protest this travesty of a patch -
Get it taken down -
Do whatever it takes if you care about this game -

in WvW

Posted by: lucied.7526

lucied.7526

Emry bay Tristana here, my guild not as big as many others in the server but with a good bunch of activity on world pvp, we had been in emry since start, we had powned and be powned, to maguma, i can really say they have a great coordination, and a lot of numbers, they win with tactics and numbers wich is fine, im a emry bay soldier and i have seen the garrison bug work on our favor on past battles, so is no that big of a deal to me, we can fight wihtout garrison, and we had done it, i fight mostly on emry bay borderlands and is just that, many of our ppl are low on morale, we get stuff back but then ppl dont listen to tactics and defense, and is normal the game is new many times i have explained how world pvp works to many people, our guilds dont have anytype of communication between them not any of our guilds is as big as goons, the bigger one i can see in emry is grindhouse gaiming, but i doubt 2 commanders had worked togheter in the past in our server, we are not beaten and we will stay fighting gratz to the enemy who evolved alot from last week battle. they DID have an alliance but it is part of the game if there is a big enemy to beat i dont see a problem with that, is a feature and with 3 fighting servers is a possibility, also the invulnerable stuff, if you guys put a little brain to it is builded that way so the faction on that place had a little advantage to advance, as when we lose our cliffside and longview, we can retake them easier from our invulnerable spawn as when they spawn and have a way to the back of south supply lines, is so they have the chance to advance, if you can hit them there you can siege them , i had done it myself. hope this battle helps emry bay to grow as a server, if people leaves so much the best we get so many kitten guilds transfered here since we where facerolling boris and dont renember the other guys, many of them transfered here, if they leave cause they are losing much better for me my guildies have less queque times. keep the good battle and have pride emry pardon my spelling mistakes as english isnt my natal and hope all to have fun. (having everything on the map makes wvw very boring)

Tristana Bloody Arms (ARMS)

in WvW

Kyrul.7681

I’d just like to add something here, about Maguuma. Just the other day, I was thinking about transferring off of Maguuma due to all the crap I’ve been hearing. However, after actually logging back on for the first time in 24 hours and talking to some people, I realized that it would be silly to do such a thing.

That’s basically the only reason I even got involved in this thread. We’re perfectly fine and the WvW community has been great as far as I’ve seen, it’s just easy to talk trash and accuse people you haven’t even met.

in WvW

Posted by: ArthurCrackpot.6815

ArthurCrackpot.6815

The main problem with Ebay is simple, there are only a few dedicated WvWvW guilds on our server, and even less at night which is where most of the more hardcore servers strike, not counting hacks and dirty tricks. Ebay also have a problem with server jumpers, oh no we’re losing [insert world transfer to x] granted this isn’t the only server with that problem.

People underestimate the value morale can have in a matchup, and the current one is a great example of that. By establishing early dominance and then managing to hold on to it, we Maguumans have essentially broken the backs of both Yak’s and EBay, because the matchup has turned from a competition to a beatdown. Simply put, that’s not fun. So the sparse defenders feel like their efforts are pointless, while the rest of the server turns to PvE, SPvP, or even going so far as server transfers just to escape that stigma of hopelessness.

The ironic part is, there’s nothing we’re doing that no one else isn’t capable of doing (allegations of cheating aside). All it takes is organization, good leadership and a little determination. A Never-Say-Die attitude can be all it takes to turn a losing match around, provided you have the numbers to back it up.

Ara Ni Pylok : Necromancer : Maguuma : [PYRO]

in WvW

Posted by: cainejw.7142

cainejw.7142

No, what I said was that it’s perfectly fine and, in fact, intelligent to have your force attack another that’s already engaged on one front. And that it’s fine for two realms, largely independent of each other (and make no mistake, this is true) to attack the force with the advantage.

Then you are, in fact, colluding and acting in an alliance. Thank you for admitting that TC and Maguuma, in fact, were acting in tandem as an alliance.

EB took an early lead. But they rushed it. And in doing so, they made themselves the natural target of their opponents because that early into the week, you cut off potential leads faster before they can snowball into something that can’t be stopped. The servers Ehmry faced knew this, having come off their match with Dragonbrand. So they acted on a lesson they learned in the previous match: don’t let one enemy gain the lead and run away with it.

EB is allowed to take an early lead. Maguuma is allowed to take an early lead. Maguuma is not allowed to constantly insult, berate, and mock EB because they aren’t winning. There’s a difference in these behaviors.

It’s not a hard concept to understand, actually. And I feel bad having to explain it here because this thread (and the one it was based on) is a joke thread. So, be jovial.

Yeah, it’s a pretty funny joke when Maguuma constantly insults EB.

PS. You got mad at me for using the term battle and then used it yourself. I believe that’s what saiyr was talking about before.

You assume I’m mad, upset, or in any way consumed by your behavior. I’m not. I give Maguuma very little thought. I don’t appreciate some of the server taking clear advantage of exploits, rumored hacking, and alliances to win at any cost. I don’t appreciate some on your server having this near pathological need to insult anyone and everyone you fight. I would definitely appreciate some sportsmanship and good faith from some on Maguuma. Instead, I’ve only seen really questionable behavior. I’m more than sure that EB has done some really crappy things, and I apologize for them, but I’ve yet to really see that from Maguuma.

As for the word usage, you really need to learn to appreciate context. I used the word to denote a singular instance of fighting among three servers. As I interpret it, saiyr used the word in the context of war philosophy. These are two distinctly different contexts.

(edited by cainejw.7142)

in WvW

Posted by: Knyx.5926

Knyx.5926

Yeah… nowhere in that picture is exploiting invul. thats being spawn camped. I do not see any siege equipment bombarding the supply camp below. fail troll is fail.

If he is taking damage from the player that is invulnerable, then that IS exploiting. If the target is in the invulnerable spawn area, the target should not be able to deal damage to players outside of it.

What was that about a troll?

Or maybe if your target is in their spawn area and is invulnerable you shouldn’t run up so close that they can hit you? That’s not exploitation. That’s just common sense. There’s a reason they put legendary archers near every other entrance to a spawn area :/

So by your philosophy a hacker is not really hacking if you try and attack them?

Its not stupid, I actually find your justification and philosophy only shared by people that do exploit and hack knowingly, stupid.

If you don’t believe it is exploitation do it and report yourself explaining exactly what you are doing lmao. What a joke

in WvW

Posted by: whiran.1473

whiran.1473

, we are not beaten and we will stay fighting gratz to the enemy who evolved alot from last week battle. they DID have an alliance but it is part of the game if there is a big enemy to beat i dont see a problem with that, is a feature and with 3 fighting servers is a possibility,

I find it funny that people genuinely believe this.

How can you believe it when everything points that there wasn’t one?

in WvW

Posted by: cainejw.7142

cainejw.7142

, we are not beaten and we will stay fighting gratz to the enemy who evolved alot from last week battle. they DID have an alliance but it is part of the game if there is a big enemy to beat i dont see a problem with that, is a feature and with 3 fighting servers is a possibility,

Alliances are not steadfast. They change and often result in parties attacking each other. They are also not always spoken or expressed. They are sometimes as simple as two parties attacking the same objective.

I’m sorry, but Maguuma and TC had an alliance. You guys did your best to band together to take out EB. You’re going to have to accept that fact. The alliance changed and eventually broke apart, but that does not mean the alliance never existed. It most certainly did. It also does not mean the alliance was wholly agreed to, but it was most certainly experienced.

in WvW

lucied.7526

i personally saw it assaulting maguma keeps, and how they get reinforced by tc, it could be normal but i also saw how they retreated and didint make a offense aganist the same keep, if it wanst a server alliance, im sure many guilds where in some kind of alliance or support mode , and i have nothing aganist it, is perfectly normal and valid, but saying that they went full war mode aganist each other is lies, at least on emry borderlands (this was at the beginning of the match i can tell that at some point tc just dumped maguma at the end of the week)

in WvW

Kyrul.7681

Then you are, in fact, colluding and acting in an alliance. Thank you for admitting that TC and Maguuma, in fact, were acting in tandem as an alliance.

You’re assuming somehow 2 servers were able to communicate and coordinate their entire servers to work together. We can’t get our entire server to do anything together, much less work with another server.

If we both happen to be attacking you, hey, guess what, it’s a 3 way war. Deal with it, and realize there’s more than likely another front between the the other 2 servers at the same time.

EB is allowed to take an early lead. Maguuma is allowed to take an early lead. Maguuma is not allowed to constantly insult, berate, and mock EB because they aren’t winning. There’s a difference in these behaviors.

Where exactly are these constant insults. You’ve been throwing out the most insults of anyone here. If anything I’ve been seeing people trash talking Maguuma for things we didn’t even do, and insults directed at Goons for behavior they didn’t even demonstrate.

I don’t appreciate some of the server taking clear advantage of exploits, rumored hacking, and alliances to win at any cost.

What exploits? What hacking? Our currently standing in WvW is due to constant effort on our part and not from abuse. And don’t expect me to apologize if you come out lashing at us from the start.

(edited by Kyrul.7681)

in WvW

norman.7026

No, what I said was that it’s perfectly fine and, in fact, intelligent to have your force attack another that’s already engaged on one front. And that it’s fine for two realms, largely independent of each other (and make no mistake, this is true) to attack the force with the advantage.

I’m sorry, but Maguuma and TC had an alliance. You guys did your best to band together to take out EB. You’re going to have to accept that fact. The alliance changed and eventually broke apart, but that does not mean the alliance never existed. It most certainly did. It also does not mean the alliance was wholly agreed to, but it was most certainly experienced.

If this is your definition of an alliance, then you need to change it right now. This kind of talk is the sort of thing that fuels the rumor-mongering I mentioned earlier.

Nobody on Maguuma contacted Tarnished Coast. Nobody agreed to anything. Maguuma made a decision, one time, to focus an attack on one force when another was present. Your comments make it sound like Maguuma and Tarnished Coast had some under-the-table deal to work together. You don’t want servers insulting each other? Then stop implying that they’re teaming up when they aren’t.

in WvW

Posted by: whiran.1473

whiran.1473

lucied, you would have to claim that EB had an alliance with Mag.

Both EB and Mag assaulted / sieged SM at the -same- time at different gates. Then they both broke through the outer and inner walls. They didn’t fight one another. They pushed the keep.

So, by your logic, clearly there was an Alliance…

…except there wasn’t.

cainejw, an alliance is a formal agreement made between parties to support one another and come to one another’s assistance. There was no such thing between Mag and TC as a whole nor have I heard even a whisper or rumour that would indicate that there was such a thing between individual guilds.

If a team has 95% of the map then the two other teams are going to attack that one team. That’s what happened to EB. If you own all of the map then you will be attacked on that map.

When TC held most of the map we had to fight off Mag and EB constantly.

I find it fascinating and humorous that multiple people from EB keep posting this and that it has even permeated their current match-up.

I bet Mag is totally allied up with Yak’s against EB….

in WvW

Posted by: Mog.1589

Mog.1589

The only thing that has bothered me at all in WvW with Maguuma is some not so smart tactics that seem to happen every time my guild hops into WvW for a guild event.

This week and the prior week against TC whenever my guild would hit TC or Yak’s hard we would be close to taking out their keep and then a Mag zerg usually led by [GOON] would come along and hit us from behind preventing us from taking the keep. This zerg would then try to take the keep themselves and proceed to fail.

A few Mag zergs led by [GOON] have even hit keeps we defended at the exact same time as TC or Yak.

Each time this happened was over the weekend when both TC and Yak had pretty much full control of a borderland map. The smart tactic at the time would have been to hit Yak or TC in conjunction with us (Ebay) hitting them albeit from a different location.

In the end both Yak and Mag have superior numbers and presence then Ebay and I honestly did not expect a victory. Ebay shot up far to high in rank due to the over whelming victory over Ferg and Boralis during week 1. We are rightfully falling back down the ranks to settle in a tier that is our match.

Overall I have enjoyed WvW against Mag, Yak and TC because we actually had to fight hard. The first week was booooring against Ferg and Boralis. So thank you to Mag and Yak for making us fight when I am in WvW with my guild.

[LGN] Legion For We Are Many – a Blackgate guild

in WvW

lucied.7526

as stated before the alliance was only at the start of the match, when at somepoint maguma and tc fight for stonemist castle, you where able too see how some posts where made about it calling backstabbers, and after that incident the battle changed they started to attack each other, as i say dont know and doubt it was a server thing i belive it was more a guild thing and i really can care less, but to say it didint hapkitten lies man i was there personally and saw all this. cant care if you belive it or not everyone know what happened, (at least the drama about it the las week) and is fine by me that thing spices up world vs world

in WvW

saiyr.3071

You assume I’m mad, upset, or in any way consumed by your behavior. I’m not. I give Maguuma very little thought. I don’t appreciate some of the server taking clear advantage of exploits, rumored hacking, and alliances to win at any cost. I don’t appreciate some on your server having this near pathological need to insult anyone and everyone you fight. I would definitely appreciate some sportsmanship and good faith from some on Maguuma. Instead, I’ve only seen really questionable behavior. I’m more than sure that EB has done some really crappy things, and I apologize for them, but I’ve yet to really see that from Maguuma.

When you have proof that someone on our server is cheating, we will do all that is in our power to get them banned. Until then, you’re blowing hot air at us and wondering why we are grumpy.

in WvW

Posted by: Pawkchop.9304

Pawkchop.9304

When you have proof that someone on our server is cheating, we will do all that is in our power to get them banned. Until then, you’re blowing hot air at us and wondering why we are grumpy.

Did Maguuma build a waypoint at a knowingly bugged garrison?
Do you think this is an exploit or “clever tactic” ?

in WvW

Posted by: Sharpclaw.7510

Sharpclaw.7510

Yeah. Words matter and you’re not using them correctly. Two group independently deciding to attack the more vulnerable and/or eagerly aggressive target, each for their own reasons, isn’t an alliance. Alliances are formal agreements. They have terms because they are pacts. Not a circumstantial overlap of strategies. At best, you’re arguing that there was a coalition leveled against Emhry but even that implies a level of cooperation that didn’t occur.

How could it when the two forces were fighting each other on other fronts? You can’t accuse the two realms of collective defense because that accusation can’t hold up in the face of what was happening all around. Particularly in Borderlands.

Look, at this point I’m pretty sure I could tell you the sky was blue and you’d tell me it was green. I’m trying to get you to think. Trying being the operative word.

Yeah, it’s a pretty funny joke when Maguuma constantly insults EB…. I don’t appreciate some of the server taking clear advantage of exploits, rumored hacking, and alliances to win at any cost. I don’t appreciate some on your server having this near pathological need to insult anyone and everyone you fight. I would definitely appreciate some sportsmanship and good faith from some on Maguuma.

My server? I’m not sure if you’ve been paying attention. I’ve made it clear that I’m not from Mag. So what does Mag or their behavior have to do with me? The only thing I’ve ever hoped to address are your silly conspiracy theories. If only to save you the continued public embarrassment.

in WvW

Posted by: Teknobug.3782

Teknobug.3782

This is starting to turn out like the Ilum crap in SWTOR all over again, Anet needs to respond quick unlike Bioware left Ilum sitting there for 3-4 months ruining pvp before they disabled the stuff in Ilum.

Yak’s Bend WvWvW’er [Mount Phoenix Imperials]
Intel i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz | 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600 ram | Gigabyte R9 280X 3GB (14.2)
Win 8 Pro 64bit

in WvW

saiyr.3071

I would reply, but I’m too busy being deeply offended at having my name mixed up.

But seriously, we had people defending garrison all of yesterday despite the invincibility bit. Yes, it was a bit of an exploit, but I don’t see evidence that it was done on purpose, nor do I see any evidence of who did it. You are attributing to malice what should be attributed to ignorance.

in WvW

Posted by: Teknobug.3782

Teknobug.3782

By the way, is that the same GOON Squad from Lowca in SWG?

Yak’s Bend WvWvW’er [Mount Phoenix Imperials]
Intel i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz | 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600 ram | Gigabyte R9 280X 3GB (14.2)
Win 8 Pro 64bit

in WvW

gloombot.3519

In response to waypointing the garrison>>
What are we supposed to do? Not touch it at all?

We can’t even get pubbies to stop defending it. Every 10 minutes in team chat we get pubbies saying “Garrison under attack.” We reply with: Bro. It’s bugged. We don’t know why but don’t even both defending it. You act like we’re launching entire invasions from there.

We pretty much completely ignore it, and the waypoint doesn’t work 90% of the time.

1. Please provide proof that Maguuma has hacked. Otherwise, stop with the false accusations. As stated we WILL stand behind anti-hacking and will immediately report any of this behavior. We’ve provided actual evidence of hacking against us. It’s not hard to provide when it’s legitimately happening to you over and over.

2. The garrison bug has happened against us before. It’s happening on several other servers. It’s already been acknowledged in a DEV post that this is a bug, and they are working to fix it. Clearly it’s ANETs problem, not ours. What can we do now? We can’t even LET you have it but TRUST me. If we could abandon it, just so you could take it, and allow us to siege/retake it, we would do it in a heartbeat just to stop all this nonsense like it’s some massive armageddon against your hopes and dreams.

3. There’s been a ton of proof against any kind of alliance. There’s half a dozen or more posted screenshots of TC and Mag attacking each other. Enough of that garbage. The people TRYING to find truth in it are going to, because they’re completely delusional about the facts and are simply trying to invalidate their loss any way possible.

4. Yesterday Dreaming Bay was being simultaneously attacked by Yak’s and Ebay. Ebay from the north-east gate and yak’s from the southern gate, both breached the outer gates several times. According to Ebay, this is clearly an organized alliance at least by “some guilds” on both servers. << HOW EBAY SEES THINGS.
…or that’s stupid, and we simply are leading right now so we’re going to take heat from both teams. << HOW MAG SEES THINGS.

(edited by gloombot.3519)

in WvW

saiyr.3071

Looks like the patch fixed the glitched garrison. Fight on.

in WvW

Posted by: zTales.4392

zTales.4392

saiyr.3071

Looks like the patch fixed the glitched garrison. Fight on.

Well,Yak’s Bend just glitched the wall to get in the Maguuma Borderlands Garrison. It’s extremely frustrating, but we’ve managed to hold them off so far (this is their second try).

Bri Dragonblight – Ranger | Bri Iceblight – Guardian
Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

saiyr.3071

Hope you got screenshots, especially if it was a lot of them.

in WvW

Posted by: Scorpio Shirica.1286

Scorpio Shirica.1286

Glitching to win need to stop, like, yesterday. Players should help in policing this- it benefits nobody long term, lest of all the hacking team as GoM quickly found out.

in WvW

Posted by: StSickness.4527

StSickness.4527

Not going to pretend I know all about your situation. But server/server alliances make me sick in any case. You should feel bad

Sick Brah, no conspiracy theory?

Goon.

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

All drama aside, I believe we at Maguuma have spent more money while winning than while losing. I, personally, have spent 3-4x more than I did on day one the last few days. We like to hold what we take with an impressive force. If you push us, we’ll come back 10 fold.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

norman.7026

All drama aside, I believe we at Maguuma have spent more money while winning than while losing. I, personally, have spent 3-4x more than I did on day one the last few days. We like to hold what we take with an impressive force. If you push us, we’ll come back 10 fold.

I haven’t seen us putting down half the amount of siege that Yak’s has been using against us. Though if anybody caught the handful of times that we were busting down doors with multiple omega golems, I’d just like to clarify that they were all the result of one very generous player who ended up with a ton of spare siege from jumping puzzles, back when it was getting reset constantly—we’re not that rich/crazy.

in WvW

gloombot.3519

I’ve been spending about 3-5 gold a night on upgrades/siege… but it’s all money I make doing WvW.

Love that WvW pays for itself.

in WvW

Posted by: Supersun.4603

Supersun.4603

Yeah… nowhere in that picture is exploiting invul. thats being spawn camped. I do not see any siege equipment bombarding the supply camp below. fail troll is fail.

If he is taking damage from the player that is invulnerable, then that IS exploiting. If the target is in the invulnerable spawn area, the target should not be able to deal damage to players outside of it.

What was that about a troll?

Or maybe if your target is in their spawn area and is invulnerable you shouldn’t run up so close that they can hit you? That’s not exploitation. That’s just common sense. There’s a reason they put legendary archers near every other entrance to a spawn area :/

So by your philosophy a hacker is not really hacking if you try and attack them?

Its not stupid, I actually find your justification and philosophy only shared by people that do exploit and hack knowingly, stupid.

If you don’t believe it is exploitation do it and report yourself explaining exactly what you are doing lmao. What a joke

Except the Devs themselves intentionally put that invincibility there for a reason.
It’s obviously intended to keep the other team away from that area.

It’s not like he’s building a treb from there and bombing your castle which is clearly not intended.

You have a very strange definition of exploit and hacking.

in WvW

Posted by: shoognite.2106

shoognite.2106

Now that we are about half way home on this match….

There will be a MaGoona emissary in Lions Arch on Yaks, and EBY, after 5pm EST. Your guild leaders have been notified who and where, through the proper channels. Please bring the monetary tribute you feel appropriate. The emissary will accept all offers, and report tribute totals to MaGoonian leadership.

Thank You

Jaquan “Shoognite” Jenkins
Urban Outreach Program Director, Goon Guilds, LLC.
Jjenkins@GoonGuildsLLC.com

in WvW

Posted by: Moderator.6837

Moderator.6837

Hello,

This thread has run its course, and therefore will be locked.

Please remember that in-game violations should be reported directly to our Support Team.

Thank you.