Elementalist Tornado Needs to be Fixed

in WvW

Posted by: aathomas.4638

aathomas.4638

Since the patch whenever an Elementalist goes into their Tornado they are invisible while doing it. I have seen this twice now. Its just a name tag running around blowing people away without being able to see the Tornado or any animation. Both times my settings for WvW culling were on Low, for both categories. I have seen this with both a big zerg and small man trying to hold a tower.

Grumpy Jugo
[AZRG]
Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: Centrix.4065

Centrix.4065

If your settings are on low that might explain why, but not if it also occured when playing with a small group.

I haven’t noticed this. I’m pretty sure I recall seeing the tornado after the patch and I saw it just fine on WvW Character Limit: Highest

But not entirely sure, since I didn’t really go like “oh yeah theres a tornado, I can see it! because some guy a few days from now will post he does not see them, so I have to remember this moment”

:P

So I might be wrong on this. I’ll watch out for tornados

Lv.80 Elementalist, Guardian, Necromancer, Thief
[VII] Seventh Legion | http://twitch.tv/censtudios

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Wrong sub-forum.

Anyway, everyone gave up on that elite skill ages ago. Only nooblets use em.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Posted by: multivira.7925

multivira.7925

It might be due to your graphics settings then. I have my WvW settings at lowest and even people reviving are instead using their basic attack animation

I’m perfectly fine with it though as I rather have my 10 FPS than seeing all those fancy animations.

Twirling – Pie Eating Guardian – MM – Gunnar’s Hold

in WvW

Posted by: pulsecodesgnl.3470

pulsecodesgnl.3470

Wrong sub-forum.

Anyway, everyone gave up on that elite skill ages ago. Only nooblets use em.

Eh, Tornado on a bridge or near a cliff (especially with a bunker build) is not only useful and incredibly powerful, but loads of fun to use.

There was an incident where we worked a zerg back up to a cliff, 3 ele’s using tornados simultaneously = most hilarious win ever, plus tons of bags. Noob or not, it was fun, and I play this game for fun.

Voxtr | Svell | Kvikr | Svass | Sundr | Naud | Kvedja | Traust
Sorrow’s Furnace – Commander/Officer
Kabal of the Righteous [Seed]

in WvW

Posted by: Porky.5021

Porky.5021

Don’t care if it’s for noobs or its’ not the greatest skill ever….sometimes, it’s just fun to use it.

Overlord Of [NAKY]
SOS Spy Team Commander [SPY]

in WvW

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

Invisible tornado may be the only time it ever sees use.

Even for humor purposes, it is seldom effective.

For a far better skill, see Mesmer and their ability to pull people. Or the thief ability where they become a spinning, arrow proof whirling cloud of death.

Clearly, actually being a tornado is less effective than simply spinning around in a circle.

in WvW

pulsecodesgnl.3470

If I bring my elementalist into WvW, I always find an opportunity to use it and get some ledge kills. I don’t care that another class may be able to do it better in a different way. Knockbacks every 3 seconds for 15 seconds = 5 AoE knockbacks in a row while you have increased health. This is also supplemented by AoE blind, AoE chain lightning, or additional AoE knockbacks.

Hate all you want, your opinion however is not factual, nor does it deprive me of my enjoyment. It does however spread misinformation, so at least you have that I guess.

in WvW

pulsecodesgnl.3470

I cannot disagree with you more. All of the Ele elites are very useful, they are just situational. Firesword racks up a ton of damage on a damage build, Elemental when traited is nice supplemental damage and AoE mitigation on a short cooldown, and Tornado/Whirlpool is incredibly useful in a myriad of situations.

in WvW

Posted by: iCryptik.1496

iCryptik.1496

You think THAT off all things need to be fixed? How about getting a buff to HP like a necro and a wider area of effect. The current tornado is pathetic and only good against group that like to hug ledges like baddies

Alshazzär
Tarnished Coast [TC]

in WvW

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

The thing with “transform” elites like Tornado is that you can’t base their worth on “is what they do good?”, you have to look at “is what they do better than all my other skills it’s locking me out from using?”.

So while Tornado can be fun and seem good… if it’s better than what the rest of your build can do in those 15 seconds, that’s more a sign of your build being bad than one of Tornado being good.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

(edited by GrandmaFunk.3052)

in WvW

pulsecodesgnl.3470

(insert watchoutbadkitten meme here)

Seriously though, insulting builds and player skill because you can’t find a use for Tornado is just silly. And if any build can accomplish that many knockbacks while doing the supplemental AoE’s then please inform me, I would be glad to be proven wrong.

It takes a half second to swap an elite when you see an opportunity. If you’re crying because it’s not useful 100% of the time, then yeah, you’ll definitely want to use another class that fits your criteria.

Would I enjoy a buff to Tornado? Sure. Is it useless/underpowered in it’s current state? No, 3x Power and 2x Crit / 2x Vit is not something to shy away at; and that’s ignoring the simple utility of the skill itself.

Imho, the ‘bads’ are the ones that don’t know how to use a skill when it’s appropriate.

in WvW

Posted by: NJW.1394

NJW.1394

The eles in my guild have alot of fun chaining Tornado with our mesmers glamour fields. With all the whirl finishers tornado gives they end up doing alot of confusion damage.

Rengeki 80 Engineer of Gandara
Yakslappars <YaK>

in WvW

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

…if any build can accomplish that many knockbacks …

In all seriousness, what are you really accomplishing with that 5th knockback that the first 4 didn’t quite cover? If you’re pushing ppl off ledges, wouldn’t the first launch/knockback do the trick?

Maybe it’s an archetype thing? perhaps Tornado is worth it in big zerg-on-zerg fights?

but as a DD roamer.. it’s just not worth the loss of mobility/utility/survivability.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

pulsecodesgnl.3470

Are you just being argumentative for the sake of? I already said it was situational many times over. If you see an opportunity where you can knock off a group, swap to Tornado and use it, if that doesn’t happen then don’t use it as a roamer.

Roaming is a situation, and Tornado is usually not appropriate for that situation, i.e. ‘situational’. That’s great that you don’t want to use it all the time, no said you had to. That doesn’t invalidate it.

in WvW

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

Probably the biggest problem with tornado is that you can tag them with confusion and the tornado will cause them to suicide absurdly quickly. Other than that, it’s a pretty decent utility for repeated knockbacks and area denial.

in WvW

Posted by: Cirax.9231

Cirax.9231

Probably the biggest problem with tornado is that you can tag them with confusion and the tornado will cause them to suicide absurdly quickly. Other than that, it’s a pretty decent utility for repeated knockbacks and area denial.

Agreed, with so many confusion builds out there, the elite becomes a “convert self into loot bag instantly” button. You can cancel it, but why bother slotting it then :p?

It’s still fun to use in the right situation though. You never know what you’ll run into in wvw! Time to whip out that Charrzooka!

in WvW

Posted by: DoomMagick.5963

DoomMagick.5963

If you have a focus equipped you can use the invulnerability skill then cast it… which is what i do if i ever do use it, along with the reflect sheild…but i rarely use this or any useless elite skill..lol

in WvW

Posted by: SuiRyuJin.4615

SuiRyuJin.4615

meh.. tornado dmg is lackluster, if its dmg was buffed abit more i might actually use it some. i can hit harder in a single hit with fireball then the tornado. right now all its good for is some special location uses. none existent dmg, slaughter by confusion, ele being one of the squisher class based on stats combined with close range only effect, slow movement, no projectile protection. add it all together makes it a pretty sucky elite for general use bar the few occassions

Suiryujin – Ele [Pyro]
Server: Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Synda Raines.1836

Synda Raines.1836

Agree with op, it needs to be fixed asap. I mean, tornado’s cause millions of dollars of damage each year irl. Whole houses get flattened, trucks picked up and tossed around like toys. We ele’s should be at least powerfull enough to flatten the walls at SM or blow any gate off it’s hinges in no time ;-) Or even better, pick up an entire zerge (Just imagine it lol) in tornado form and dump them wherever we are when the skill wears of. Dump the zerg like a biblical frog rain for at least 30kcrit damage and every condition in game for 20sec roflmao

in WvW

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

I use it because it makes me giggle.

So there.

I win.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in WvW

Posted by: AggieTechGuy.4901

AggieTechGuy.4901

Tornado isn’t the most useful of skills, but you have to admit that it works better in WvW than just about anywhere else.

Aside from using it to knock people off cliffs and bridges, it works pretty well if your goal is to cause some confusion. For example, you could use it with a portal bomb for some additional chaos.

You shouldn’t be using it for the damage, but rather the knockdown and blinding effects. If you place yourself well, you can CC an enemy group enough and provide better chances for your group as a whole.

Yes, you will probably get downed when you use tornado, but sometimes it is worth it. And even if you get downed, you can often still pop mistform and get away from the group.

Commander Logain Redwood – Isle of Janthir
Guildmaster of [CORE] Company of the Red Elite

(edited by AggieTechGuy.4901)

in WvW

Posted by: Kohz.1534

Kohz.1534

Well coming from a “noob” ele I get a heck of a lot of bags/kills with a well timed tornado 70 or 80% of the way through a good fight, disrupting all players that are not stable and knocking a good amount of players senseless is fun to use and watch. Hitting it on a bridge or close to any edge is bonus fun time. Yes, I do get downed when I use it sometimes but if you know how to play your skills, mist form and get the heck back to your side of the battle and hope for a rez Shooting for 30K kills now (26500) mainly on my ele. So I guess that makes me a noob.

Fire Storm Atu, Elementalist
SoS Guild
Anvil Rock since BETA and not gonna leave!!