Elementalist and Arrow carts

in WvW

Posted by: Wuffy.9732

Wuffy.9732

I don’t know if ele’s are supposed to be able to take out inner-siege so easily. I could understand if this was done with a staff 5 skill, like “Meteor shower”. Because the aoe radius for staff skills are much larger

But lately, I’ve seen elementalist wreck inner-siege (well placed behind the walls), with scepter skills. I’ve even placed siege almost impossible to be targeted with AOE skills by players. Yet scepter eles somehow manage to easily destroy siege with scepter skills, like “Dragon’s Tooth”. And I don’t think it’s just arrow carts either.

I’ve seen a few eles hug walls before doing this, to avoid line of sight. Which is even more bizarre.

How the is this possible? Seems like a cheating tactic imo.

in WvW

Posted by: Sunflowers.1729

Sunflowers.1729

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dragon%27s_Tooth

This ignores line of sight. As long as I can target you and you are within range, it will hit. I’ve been told autotarget allows you to select the arrow cart even if the player cannot directly click it (but I don’t use autotarget so unsure about this).

This is why they hug walls, not to avoid line of sight, but to get closer to the AC.

It really should be fixed (along with DT itself because it sucks so much).

in WvW

Posted by: MrKnieves.4162

MrKnieves.4162

Using skills is cheating now? Maybe you should place the seige farther away.

Zheenn [Warrior] [Commander]| Alondra Del Mar [Thief] | Lorean Alisk [Elemental]
Rough Trade [RTGC]
Crystal Desert

in WvW

Wuffy.9732

Thanks Sunflowers. Yes it does suck, a whole lot!!!!

@MrKnieves, I do place siege far away. Really far away! Yet, eles still manage to perfectly aoe them from beyond the walls.

in WvW

Posted by: Snape.3280

Snape.3280

It’s simple to destroy arrow carts, as you say “Dragon’s Tooth” (2 on scepter) – party ele+some1, firts need to get target ac (some1 can do it from higher ground) next Ele take target and hitting them using ’Dragon’s Tooth (using this skill you don’t need to see the target). Only trouble is range (it’s about 900 or something about) – any siege on walls or near it Ele can easly destroy.

in WvW

Posted by: MrKnieves.4162

MrKnieves.4162

@MrKnieves, I do place siege far away. Really far away! Yet, eles still manage to perfectly aoe them from beyond the walls.

That should tell you that is not far enough.

Zheenn [Warrior] [Commander]| Alondra Del Mar [Thief] | Lorean Alisk [Elemental]
Rough Trade [RTGC]
Crystal Desert

in WvW

Wuffy.9732

That should tell you that is not far enough.

No. When I place siege, it’s from the bottom-up of the walls. So arrow carts are much harder to be targeted. There is just no reason an ele should be able to easily target them like that.

I am not lying either, Dragon’s Tooth can hit arrow carts pretty spot-on.

in WvW

Posted by: snowaugar.1823

snowaugar.1823

So seige should be uncounterable?

in WvW

Wuffy.9732

Yes, with counter siege.

in WvW

snowaugar.1823

Yes, with counter siege.

In that scenario.pre placed seige.wins

in WvW

Wuffy.9732

Yes, with counter siege.

Use your head. Are you gonna build an arrow cart to counter 5-6 other arrow carts? Or are you going to build a treb from a-far, out of enemy arrow cart range?

in WvW

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Using skills is cheating now? Maybe you should place the seige farther away.

In some towers, there is no “farther away” that can’t be blindly hit.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in WvW

snowaugar.1823

Yes, with counter siege.

Use your head. Are you gonna build an arrow cart to counter 5-6 other arrow carts? Or are you going to build a treb from a-far, out of enemy arrow cart range?

Then they build a treb out of range of your treb and treb your treb while you wasted valuable supply building that treb for acs

in WvW

Wuffy.9732

Yes, with counter siege.

Then they build a treb out of range of your treb and treb your treb while you wasted valuable supply building that treb for acs

Well what d you do first? I scout enemy towers from my groups before we plan a full out treb attack. You obviously must scan for an enemy treb first. If you build a counter treb, the first thing you’re going to do is take down their treb. It’s common sense.

in WvW

snowaugar.1823

They can build it while urs is up

in WvW

Posted by: Kimbald.2697

Kimbald.2697

It’s ok if players can take out siege.

It’s not ok if one profession can do that exteremely better than others by ignoring line of sight.

Rangers and engineers have 1500 aoe range, and yes: they need minimal line of sight for that.
If they can reach your siege, it means it wasn’t palced in the back enough.
I’m ok that ele’s can do the same.
Not that they can do better because Line of sight doesn’t apply to them…
Ele’s can reach what others can’t even see, let alone hit.

More professions can have max range aoe for my part (1500 that is), I don’t mind.
But they shouldn’t have created one single aoe that ignores line of sight.

Wiggely, wobbely and other wombaty wabbity creatures…

in WvW

Posted by: FractalChaos.6539

FractalChaos.6539

The fix to this and other ridiculous problems with siege warfare in Guild Wars 2 is simple.

1- Remove every instance of “…does not require line of sight…” from all player abilities. If you cannot target it yourself (no /assisting), you cannot hit it with any of your abilities. Period.

2- Fix the awful, atrocious Z and Y axis coding. Make it so that player abilities cannot pass through doors or walls, and make AoE abilities “static circles” which do not wrap over the side and top of a wall or other object.

People’s ignorance really pisses me off.
Stupidity is when you can’t help it;
Ignorance is when you choose not to understand.

in WvW

Posted by: Moderator.1462

Moderator.1462

Hi everyone,

As this thread has been answered, we are closing it.
Thanks to everyone for participating in it.