Eles and the 4 stats

Eles and the 4 stats

in WvW

Posted by: Nimrud.5642

Nimrud.5642

Hey, back a while a go I created this version of the standard cele roaming build. And I was wondering if its worth going full celestial or select one of the newer 4-stat trinkets and back item such as Commader’s, Marauder or Waderer’s gear. How’s ele with boon duration and condi duration? Back in the days when cele ele was a thing in spvp as well ppl always said its all about the burning. ‘All the other things you do is just to kill time while your enemy burns to death because thats the condition eles can apply infinitely.’ – or something along these lines if I remember correctly. Is this still true?

enthusiastic noob

Eles and the 4 stats

in WvW

Posted by: Clownmug.8357

Clownmug.8357

I think going a mix of Crusader and Marauder is the best alternative to Celestial. That mix basically let’s you phase out the condition damage and a little bit of healing power for more power, precision and ferocity.

The stat combos with boon duration are probably not worthwhile. You can get plenty of boon duration from just Runes of Durability + Plate of Mussels Gnashblade.

Eles and the 4 stats

in WvW

Posted by: Nimrud.5642

Nimrud.5642

I think going a mix of Crusader and Marauder is the best alternative to Celestial.

What do you exactly mean by ‘alternative’? The better option, equal or a little worse? I already have the gear that is in the linked build so I dont want to change it just for the sake of something new. I only intend to change it if there is a better setup.

enthusiastic noob

Eles and the 4 stats

in WvW

Posted by: Clownmug.8357

Clownmug.8357

I’d say it’s about equal. It’s an alternative to avoid the time gate of crafting celestial mostly.

Eles and the 4 stats

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Power dmg is dead more so in roaming your just trying to force a build type best to keep with some condi mix. All though ele is the worst condi class but it still has some good burst burns.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Eles and the 4 stats

in WvW

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

i mix viper and cele plis a bit rabid and it´s fine for me.

Eles and the 4 stats

in WvW

Jski.6180

i mix viper and cele plis a bit rabid and it´s fine for me.

All of 2 condis one that is very week compared to the “newer” ones (bleed). With major gaps of condi application when your not in fire or earth (but who are we kidding fire only for real condis from ele). I am not saying you cant do dmg with it its just ele is the worst condi dmg class in the game and you would be better off putting that gear on any other class in the game.

Ele 4 stat is Minstrel’s with a full support build.

Eles and the 4 stats

in WvW

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

Oh well yes misnstrel el is a troll … Never took the time to realy make a set. It only makes sense in a teamfight and i might get bored roaming with it ….
Condi ele is playable. It just can´t kill another ele and its hard against warriors with berserkers and ire …

Eles and the 4 stats

in WvW

Jski.6180

Oh well yes misnstrel el is a troll … Never took the time to realy make a set. It only makes sense in a teamfight and i might get bored roaming with it ….
Condi ele is playable. It just can´t kill another ele and its hard against warriors with berserkers and ire …

I am trying to make that in-between build maybe crusaders mixed with marauders staff build. What i would love to see is a healing power Toughness boon duration condi duration set but there is nothing in the game like that.

Eles and the 4 stats

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

What exactly are you trying to achieve? If you are looking for a roaming build then choose a different class in wvw. Ele roaming build becomes not very useful when in a group/blob and most group support builds don’t do very well solo or roaming. Not bad, just struggle to kills things whilst being able to survive most 1v1s.

I love dumping a water skill 2 on multiple targets – just plan ahead so they are where you put it when it finally drops. It’s a great tag machine.

One day when I’m bored I’ll list out my build on here.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.