Emote Spamming

Emote Spamming

in WvW

Posted by: MarauderShields.6830

MarauderShields.6830

why does it bother you? and why do you give them the opportunity to mock you by whispering?

Former running-really-fast-man. Now proud member of Revenant clan.

Emote Spamming

in WvW

Posted by: sukilih.6913

sukilih.6913

Just turn it off?

Ron burgundy
TC- milk was a bad choice

Emote Spamming

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

You can turn off Emotes, but Whispers.. some of them are bad yes, just block and or ignore them and report them if they get abusive. You are feeding their ego in a way if you keep arguing back.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

Emote Spamming

in WvW

Posted by: rainbowstylin.1358

rainbowstylin.1358

You must have alot of out-of-game stress if this behaviour fires you up enough to go to the bother of whispering them.

Emote Spamming

in WvW

Posted by: irk.2047

irk.2047

using emotes to boast a win is rude and those who do spam, especially those who /laugh when they beat you should be reportable. It is bad sportsmanship, it is punishable in real life, it should be the same in game.

Emote Spamming

in WvW

Posted by: Silent Shino.7239

Silent Shino.7239

Do what I do, go back as a mesmer and trash them, then emote spam them back :P

Attachments:

Shino: Guardian of the Glade
Aurora Glade EU [JUST] roamer
All is vain: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboard/first

Emote Spamming

in WvW

Posted by: pupi.2465

pupi.2465

I wonder the things were said in chat there so you had to covered it :P

Emote Spamming

in WvW

Posted by: Murdoc.4251

Murdoc.4251

The fact that you came to the forums to complain means that it was mission accomplished for whoever it was doing the emotes.

[HDS] – Gate of Madness
Murdoc Jones – Brock Jones – Murdoch Jones – Jaedmara Jones
Warrior – Guardian – Ranger – Necro

Emote Spamming

in WvW

Silent Shino.7239

just regular map chat stuff :P

All is vain: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboard/first

Emote Spamming

in WvW

Posted by: pupi.2465

pupi.2465

hahahahaahaha uhu! :P

Emote Spamming

in WvW

Silent Shino.7239

hahahahaahaha uhu! :P

I wish I could say they cried about me using PU in PM, but they didn’t :P

(edited by Silent Shino.7239)

Emote Spamming

in WvW

Posted by: SkullRaven.5630

SkullRaven.5630

Who cares if it is rude?! Its a game, lol. I would understand if they would whisper you when they killed you and harassed you for being bad. But if a simple /laugh emote spammed makes you this angry then you are too sensitive for PvP style game modes.

Wandering aimlessly in HoD.

Emote Spamming

in WvW

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

If you can’t stand the heat, stay out of the fire. It is a game and you are in a pvp environment. You can’t be that sensitive when players spamming /emotes on your down/dead body.

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

Emote Spamming

in WvW

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

Just turn emotes off when you’re in WvW.

Emote Spamming

in WvW

Posted by: SonOfKrypton.4357

SonOfKrypton.4357

using emotes to boast a win is rude and those who do spam, especially those who /laugh when they beat you should be reportable. It is bad sportsmanship, it is punishable in real life, it should be the same in game.

It is reportable, “Spamming” is the option you choose.

I do it if they’re using a cheese spec that I absolutely hate or if they have been pretentiously jump dodge-rolling or constantly running.

Real life sport. lol.

Attempting to contact arenanet.support seeking counselling expenses.

Emote Spamming

in WvW

Posted by: irk.2047

irk.2047

Real life sport. lol.

sitting behind a computer screen does not make it okay to be a d/bag.

Emote Spamming

in WvW

Posted by: rainbowstylin.1358

rainbowstylin.1358

Real life sport. lol.

sitting behind a computer screen does not make it okay to be a d/bag.

No, just makes it a whole lot easier.

Emote Spamming

in WvW

Posted by: MarauderShields.6830

MarauderShields.6830

I don’t think so. I constantly /laugh at players when they use cheesy build to trounce upleveled/obviously inexperienced players and I stomp them .

Former running-really-fast-man. Now proud member of Revenant clan.

Emote Spamming

in WvW

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Just turn them off….

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Emote Spamming

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

If people emote spam you, then you’re doing it right cuz if you get stomped and then they all move on then it shows how bad you are, but if they take the effort to emote spam you then you know that either they are bad or you are good.

BUT there are some nice things to do for revenge… Hop on mesmer or thief, go to his spawn and only kill that person over and over till he leaves the map (done this plenty of times)

If you have trouble doing that, then have a commander tag, buy 15 omegas and take everything they own in EB and run defense on it too, very satisfying to watch an enemy zerg dwindle from 50 to about 10 cuz all you did was farm em repeatedly haha

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

Emote Spamming

in WvW

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

The solution to emote spamming: Turn it off!

Emote Spamming

in WvW

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

Just turn them off,and if he is /w you just report him for abuse

Emote Spamming

in WvW

Posted by: jokke.6239

jokke.6239

I was once reported buy a bunch of guys for spamming emotes in LA .. no joke ..
Ofc I never got banned though xD

Emote Spamming

in WvW

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

You should have been suspended for it. People like you ruin the whole emote system.

Emote Spamming

in WvW

jokke.6239

You should have been suspended for it. People like you ruin the whole emote system.

pfff
1. You can turn it off to be shown in chat
2. If Anet thought it would be that bad they would had added a CD to emotes.
3. How do you ruin the emote system? Is it really that bad to see my little asura cheer over and over 8D ? How does this affect you in anyway? For me and my friends it sure made the emotes system a lot more FUN

Anet can easilly fix this if they wanted, so again, don’t hate the player, hate the game

Emote Spamming

in WvW

Axialbloom.8109

pfff
3. How do you ruin the emote system? Is it really that bad to see my little asura cheer over and over 8D ? How does this affect you in anyway? For me and my friends it sure made the emotes system a lot more FUN

Anet can easilly fix this if they wanted, so again, don’t hate the player, hate the game

You ruin it by forcing people to turn it off. You are to blame here. And yes, Anet should put a cooldown or an auto-mute on you.

Emote Spamming

in WvW

jokke.6239

pfff

You ruin it by forcing people to turn it off. You are to blame here. And yes, Anet should put a cooldown or an auto-mute on you.

I honestly couldn’t care less <3
It’s not like I do it 1000 times in a row, just 5 cheers in a row looks so funny and makes me laugh 8D

Emote Spamming

in WvW

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Then if you whisper them they just say that they had more skill than you and you are bad.

Why are you whispering them? Do you not understand that is exactly what they want you to do? To react?

Emote Spamming

in WvW

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

emote spamers are just pvers who are getting their first kills, you should ignore them. And dont ever start whispering them or youll risk raising their epen which is what they want you to do

Emote Spamming

in WvW

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

Create a chat tab for Wvw with only the channels that are of interest, like for instance /map and /squad

Emote Spamming

in WvW

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

The report button within this game is only there to relieve some of the pressure towards the individual/s utilizing it. The reality is it doesn’t do anything else. You can spam report a player over 100 times with your malicious intent to have him banned or suspended…but sorry to break it to you, it will not happen.

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

Emote Spamming

in WvW

Posted by: wwfam.2495

wwfam.2495

emote spamers are just pvers who are getting their first kills, you should ignore them. And dont ever start whispering them or youll risk raising their epen which is what they want you to do

I have nearly 50k kills and I still frequently spam emotes and throw blueprints on bodies, lawl

Emote Spamming

in WvW

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Create a chat tab for Wvw with only the channels that are of interest, like for instance /map and /squad

I did this for PvP.

Honestly why do some people insist that my lineage was less than human, and why must they inform me of such. And I really wish they would leave my mother out of it.

Emote Spamming

in WvW

It is people like you who make huge problems out of nothing that ruin the game.
Seriously.

The fact emotes can show up in chat is kittened in itself. I never spam emotes to annoy/troll anyone, if someone is actually annoyed by something so insignificant then that’s their dang problem. Some emotes just look hilarious if you spam them really fast, and If I want to do that on a few occasions then I have the dang right to do so.

Just create a tab with for all the usual chat (say, map, guild, etc) and another tab with the same, but also emotes. Use that tab, when someone spams, go to the other tab without the emotes. PROBLEM SOLVED. Leave bans for people that actually deserve it.

~Sincerely, Scissors

(edited by Windu The Forbidden One.6045)

Emote Spamming

in WvW

Posted by: GROMIT.7829

GROMIT.7829

If i ever kill you in a small scale fight and i have the chance, i will always bow. It’s how i like to say GG WP. even if you suck it’s just good manners.

!!!! YOU’RE NOT MY SUPERVISOR !!!!

Emote Spamming

in WvW

Posted by: DeeSystm.1256

DeeSystm.1256

It is people like you who make huge problems out of nothing that ruin the game.
Seriously.

The fact emotes can show up in chat is kittened in itself. I never spam emotes to annoy/troll anyone, if someone is actually annoyed by something so insignificant then that’s their dang problem. Some emotes just look hilarious if you spam them really fast, and If I want to do that on a few occasions then I have the dang right to do so.

Just create a tab with for all the usual chat (say, map, guild, etc) and another tab with the same, but also emotes. Use that tab, when someone spams, go to the other tab without the emotes. PROBLEM SOLVED. Leave bans for people that actually deserve it.

All of what this last guy said.

“I came to play.” me
r4420k+ blazetrain

Emote Spamming

in WvW

Axialbloom.8109

Anet need to stop the emote showing in chat after someone has spammed it 3 times, then. Walking around LA and seeing 30 emotes is ridiculous.

Emote Spamming

in WvW

Anet need to stop the emote showing in chat after someone has spammed it 3 times, then. Walking around LA and seeing 30 emotes is ridiculous.

That’s reasonable.

~Sincerely, Scissors

Emote Spamming

in WvW

Posted by: XacTactX.6709

XacTactX.6709

I run into it too, all the time, just move on and remember their rank/guild. Next time you find them kill them 1v1 and they’ll get the message that they can’t beat you fair and square. When people outnumber me on purpose I don’t get mad as much as I used to because I carry more than my weight when I’m not outnumbered.

+1

Anet likely didn’t want to remove the armor stats entirely because…well,
we’ve all seen what happens in games where there’s no disadvantage to taking your pants off.