Enable revive orbs in wVSw

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

Its really a no brainer to do this.

-WE already have to guard corpses….if im defending anything corpse guarding defeated enemies is an active part of that process. People can run along or just sit and stealth spam 24/7 to revive an ally’s corpse.
-Solo roamers are always at a huge disadvantage in this mode, the inability to be rezed while dead has always been a major part of that disadvantage. u stay ded if u die.
-u make some money from gem sales…ALOT of money.

No brainer. Personally I’d go the opposite route and keep the dead…..‘dead’ completely and utterly, but given the design choices made this addition is a good idea.

imagine a zerg wiping and all of them procing a revive orb….ARMY OF THE UNDEAD. Gives the people who killed the zerg an easy chance for double the bags given the penalties after using the revive orbs. Besides the zerg would just wp and be back to where they died in under 30 seconds or less. Really its giving the ones who wiped the zerg the advantage….rather than the zerg who got wiped.

Two words: GEM SALES
Every zerg is gonna want revive orbs! in the course of 30 seconds imagine 50 revive orbs being used in a single wvsw spot.
MONEY AND GEMS. SO MUCH MONEY AND IT COULD BE URS ANET.

For the naysayers….who still say “NAY MELORD!”. If anet is getting a large source of gem sales from wvsw players…..what do you think that will do for the mode? I mean whats the difference between pve and wvsw players and why does one get significantly more than the other? Perhaps it will allow them to invest more money and resources into improving and adding more features to the mode……….

Still any naysayers?

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

(edited by Cerby.1069)

in WvW

Posted by: Kasteros.9847

Kasteros.9847

Never, never, never. Screw P2W! It is already enough with new classes being OP that makes HoT P2W. Maybe let’s enable revive orbs for sPvP aswell? This way ppl won’t need to respawn and that will save em time. Also it would bump Gems Sale!

[One][SiOn][dF]
16.03.15 We remember! R.I.P. MT
Shocking interview with Anet WvW Dev

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

What a terrible idea….

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

Posted by: Infusion.7149

Infusion.7149

WHY? We need less PvE stuff in WvW.

Consumables already are pretty broken

Ascended stuff with more stats than exotics is another issue. I really don’t know why the ascended gear (armor/weapon especially) is not standardized to exotics in WvW.

Desolation (EU) → Yak’s Bend (US)
In your backline: Elementalist+Mesmer+Necromancer

in WvW

Cerby.1069

You are foolish to disregard this and the potential it would bring to the mode. If not revive orbs then something else of similar value should be used.

Also its not P2W. Its ‘Pay to save time’ = P2ST. Lets not confuse the two. Pve already has P2ST firmly implanted in its skull. WvsW as well has also taken quite a few steps into the P2ST model (guild siege taking less supply, golemns, siege costs in general, commander tag cost, guild upgrades, COMBAT BOOSTERS.etc etc). You understand now? You are already in a P2ST mode. This idea with revive orbs is no different than any of the others, except now its something that will “give back” to the gamemode rather than take away from it.

Yes it is provocative and ‘threatening’ since it confirms what the gamemode is and has become. But once we accept this….we can move forward for the better rather than drowning in ignorance to the bottom of the sea.

You should be happy with ideas like this….!
You can’t help the mode if you can’t admit to what it already is
Most of the other ideas for improvement were ‘seflish’, that is why they failed and why anet disregarded them. This is an idea that accepts what the mode is.

BE HAPPY!

(edited by Cerby.1069)

in WvW

Posted by: Infusion.7149

Infusion.7149

You’re incorrect that the zerg can just “WP and be back where they died in 30 seconds or less”.

Firstly, now keeps have WPs only when upgraded. Second, the WP can be contested. Thirdly, Desert BL takes more than 30 seconds to traverse.

Desolation (EU) → Yak’s Bend (US)
In your backline: Elementalist+Mesmer+Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: DeeSystm.1256

DeeSystm.1256

Might be able to take you seriously if you knew how wvw players spell wvw.

“I came to play.” me
r4420k+ blazetrain

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

No thanks. Not going to happen anyway. Rez at spawn.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

Duly considered

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

You lost your opportunity and died by the sword. Go back to spawn.

in WvW

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

You shouldn’t be allowed to post on the forums.

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

WHY? We need less PvE stuff in WvW.

I got hung up a bit on this comment. So consumables are PVE ?

I mean we already have foods + util, which is considered essential while PVE players generaly doesn’t care much about them.

All the boosters, armor, strength, speed, rejuvenation boosters etc. I save them all for WvW, since I know for sure I won’t need them in PvE! WxP Boosters!

So I just don’t understand this reasoning. What makes “Consumables” into PVE ? I keep feeling that the whole “Less PVE!” has become a rallying cry for “I don’t like it” rather than actually trying to explain the difference between the two modes.

That said, I’m not in favor of enabling Revive Orbs in WvW, dying and running back is about the only penalty you get in this game, and there need to be a reason to not wanting to die.

You shouldn’t be allowed to post on the forums.

He has every right to post, and to say what he wants. As long as he doesn’t break the rules, like being rude or offensive (hint).

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

I think people are forgetting how useful revive orbs aren’t. Remember you get a debuff on you that means you’re essentially 1 shot for 5s, even an ambient could kill you when you get up and you bet players will wait on people who are rezzing with an orb to spam /laugh as they down you in hit from the auto.

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

I think people are forgetting how useful revive orbs aren’t. Remember you get a debuff on you that means you’re essentially 1 shot for 5s, even an ambient could kill you when you get up and you bet players will wait on people who are rezzing with an orb to spam /laugh as they down you in hit from the auto.

I think you are forgetting how annoying it is to have to sit and wait for a mesmer to wp after a keep flips.

Remember how much fun it was sitting there for an hour before they added the 5 minute time limit? Why the kitten would anyone support bringing that back?

LGN

in WvW

Posted by: Vova.2640

Vova.2640

Absolutely not!!!!!!!

Look at how effective someone is in a full Soldiers set.
Look at how effective someone is in a full Dire set.
Nice balance.

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Yeah, let mesmers use their revive orbs inside keeps so they can just port the zerg back inside when no one is looking.

Terrible idea.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Kinthiri.9604

Kinthiri.9604

Short answer… OH HELL NO!

Seriously? Consider a dead mesmer in a keep. Dies in a corner somewhere because they were hiding in the first place. Waits till everyone forgets they’re there, pops a reviver orb and ports a couple in to sniper the keep.

No, when you’re dead in WvW, you WP and run back. That’s how it should be. You die, you reset.

Your suggestion would completely screw the barely balanced game mode so far out of balance there would be no way to recover for the duration of that experiment. Trolls would have a field day. We’re already struggling with the balance problems as it stands, and you want to make it worse? Some of us actually want to enjoy WvW. Not spend our time babysitting corpses of mesmers every 5 minutes.

kinthiri.9604 – Co-leader of Anvils Hammers [HARD] – Stormbluff Isle

in WvW

Posted by: Aileras.9460

Aileras.9460

I think you are forgetting how annoying it is to have to sit and wait for a mesmer to wp after a keep flips.

Remember how much fun it was sitting there for an hour before they added the 5 minute time limit? Why the kitten would anyone support bringing that back?

I don’t think you read his post correctly, he said aren’t I think you are both opposed to it.

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Really good idea: “Wow guys, really? We have just been wiped by this guys in their keep – well lets use the revive orbs when they’re gone and take it then, right?” “We have to watch this sea of corpses until they use their revive orbs, otherwise our keep is gone”

It would make wvw so much more exciting!

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

I don’t think you read his post correctly, he said aren’t I think you are both opposed to it.

I read it correctly. He is saying revive orbs wouldn’t be a problem because you can 1 shot them after they use them. That’s an argument supporting it, but it’s not nearly a good enough argument when mesmers can just sit there and use the orbs multiple times until one of you gives up out of boredom.

LGN

in WvW

apharma.3741

I read it correctly. He is saying revive orbs wouldn’t be a problem because you can 1 shot them after they use them. That’s an argument supporting it, but it’s not nearly a good enough argument when mesmers can just sit there and use the orbs multiple times until one of you gives up out of boredom.

No I’m saying revive orbs are bad because quite frankly people can use them and get trolled constantly by being killed by pretty much anything after being rezzed and usually being unable to escape. Given 3 classes have traps now as well sitting on a dead mesmer and waiting for them to use a revive orb would be hilarious.

Also who the hell would use multiple revive orbs?! I just burnt mine out in fractals just to get rid of them, they are the most useless item in the game. I would laugh if I ever saw that and revive orbs were allowed, it would be free points over and over and over…

in WvW

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

Really good idea: “Wow guys, really? We have just been wiped by this guys in their keep – well lets use the revive orbs when they’re gone and take it then, right?” “We have to watch this sea of corpses until they use their revive orbs, otherwise our keep is gone”

“OH GOD I FORGOT I HAD THIS DEBUFF ON AND THE QUARTERMASTER JUST 1-SHOTTED ME AGAIN!”

in WvW

Jana.6831

“OH GOD I FORGOT I HAD THIS DEBUFF ON AND THE QUARTERMASTER JUST 1-SHOTTED ME AGAIN!”

The quartermaster might be able to kill 5 but not a blob and as the “owner” blob you’d still have to watch the keep full of corpses for at least 5 mins.

ETA: Just tried it – I usually never use these thingys – you’re able to use all your skills immediately – the penalty doesn’t really matter – a bit of aegis here and there, some stealth and you’re good to go.

(edited by Jana.6831)

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

No I’m saying revive orbs are bad because quite frankly people can use them and get trolled constantly by being killed by pretty much anything after being rezzed and usually being unable to escape. Given 3 classes have traps now as well sitting on a dead mesmer and waiting for them to use a revive orb would be hilarious.

Also who the hell would use multiple revive orbs?! I just burnt mine out in fractals just to get rid of them, they are the most useless item in the game. I would laugh if I ever saw that and revive orbs were allowed, it would be free points over and over and over…

I’d use multiple revive orbs. I don’t PvE and I’m a packrat so I’m sitting on a ridiculous amount of those things.
I would hop on my mesmer, sit in a corner of a capped enemy keep (away from npc’s) and start binge watching a series on netflix.

LGN

in WvW

Posted by: Reh.5986

Reh.5986

This would be good fun. You finally kill that annoying druid only to have them get back up with more hp than you and all their CDs, stealth and sick their dog on you.

New strat would be yolo zombie bombers. Warriors that leap in, go full zerk insane dropping dps like it’s going out of style, blowing endure pain x2 + stances, vengeance for good measure when they can…then all pop orbs at once, rinse, repeat.

in WvW

Posted by: Newbkakes.4971

Newbkakes.4971

This is the kittentiest idea of 2016. Congratulations.

Wipin zergs since 2012
Former Too Kitten [BÆST] leader/founder
[TBT] The Black Tides since ’14

in WvW

Posted by: Joshhh.2076

Joshhh.2076

Sure. While you’re at it, make Teleport-to-Friend useable in WvW, so you don’t even need to be a mesmer to port your squad into a keep.

Gandaran.

in WvW

apharma.3741

I’d use multiple revive orbs. I don’t PvE and I’m a packrat so I’m sitting on a ridiculous amount of those things.
I would hop on my mesmer, sit in a corner of a capped enemy keep (away from npc’s) and start binge watching a series on netflix.

You must live a life full to the brim of excitement and fun to want to do that.

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

You must live a life full to the brim of excitement and fun to want to do that.

I work nights and I have a kid in elementary school….. so….. yeah, my social life is a non stop adventure.

LGN

in WvW

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

This is the worst idea I’ve ever heard. I already think food is P2W, but this?
If zergs could revive in the middle of a keep they just wiped in, the game would break. People would immediately quit in droves, and nobody would make money.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in WvW

Cerby.1069

Sure. While you’re at it, make Teleport-to-Friend useable in WvW, so you don’t even need to be a mesmer to port your squad into a keep.

Ya that would be something else that could be done instead.

Kind of disappointed noone has commented about the logic of the OP. You are all stuck on the immediate effects and not the long-term benefits, or the logic itself. The logic is sound, whether its revive orbs or teleport to friend or something else of similar consequence…. its irrelevant.

There will be no fix to the mode then, not if the community is in charge, I guess is what this means. As the community is unwilling to compromise on anything that could remotely be seen as threatening. Kind of disappointing, gives you an idea of what anet has to deal with when making any improvement/change. There will never be a decisive and positive revamp to wvsw if the community has enough say over it. Hopefully they make future wvsw community votes more and more narrow than we’ve had to date, that would be best for the mode.

Also, apparently I have to reiterate: I would not want revive orbs in the mode for the sake of having revive orbs in the mode. I only advocate for it since such additions are the best way to move forward, for the better overall, given the current state of the gamemode and the unwillingness to change certain components of it. You should focus on the logic of the argument. If it helps, change the words “revive orbs” to somthing else that has a different effect on the gamemode but a similar overall impact.
A similar analogy: you like vanilla icecream and you don’t really like chocolate ice cream all that much. The store owner you get ur icecream from is going under. There is only the 1 icecream store in town. But if you are willing to buy some chocolate icecream instead of vanilla every so often, the store will be safe. The store owner also assures you that if you do this enough times, chocolate instead of vanilla, then over time they will be able to give you higher quality vanilla icecream in the near future.

What option do you choose?
1. continue to eat vanilla until the store goes under, then drive out of town to get future vanilla icecream risking the potential future quality and comfort of the known store.
2. buy some chocolate ice cream instead of vanilla every so often, so you can continue to get ur vanilla icecream from this store. And in the future you get a higher quality vanilla icecream. You’ll always have to buy chocolate every so often for an indefinitely amount of time though….one day something might happens and you might not have to but for the foreseeable future you will have to.

By the comments thus far everyone chose option 1.

(edited by Cerby.1069)

in WvW

Jana.6831

snip

Anet are killing the mode themselves – implementing anything like this would only lead to a quicker death – so you can just skip the vanilla sorry chocolate ice cream (who likes vanilla better than chocolate? you are a very weird guy!) as the store will die anyway.

(edited by Jana.6831)

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

This isn’t like vanilla vs chocolate ice cream. This is like 1 random guy (you) likes his ice cream with a handful of dirt thrown on it, and the random guy is trying to convince everyone that the shop would be successful if the owner threw dirt on all of his ice cream. Well the rest of us don’t like ice cream with dirt on it. That would just be ruined ice cream and we would stop frequenting that business all together.

Not every idea needs to be tried. Breaking the game mode for the sake of change isn’t going to help. Your suggestion is about 1 step removed from advocating the sale of gem store items that let you fly or walk through walls.

LGN

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

Not every idea needs to be tried. Breaking the game mode for the sake of change isn’t going to help.

REMEMBER GOLEM WEEK

in WvW

Jana.6831

Not every idea needs to be tried. Breaking the game mode for the sake of change isn’t going to help.

REMEMBER GOLEM WEEK

We should actually repeat that as only during that week people learned how powerful cannons are against golems – it’s constant struggle to get them onto the cannons.

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

REMEMBER GOLEM WEEK

We should actually repeat that as only during that week people learned how powerful cannons are against golems – it’s constant struggle to get them onto the cannons.

How about when we get deployable cannons? We can even call it Cannons Versus Golems week.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

(edited by Jeknar.6184)

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

REMEMBER GOLEM WEEK

How about when we get deploable cannons? We can even call it Cannons Versus Golems week.

Only if they haven’t fixed the golem bug so I can run around outside of a golem with the buff on 1 shoting people.

LGN

in WvW

Jana.6831

How about when we get deployable cannons? We can even call it Cannons Versus Golems week.

That will likely be a “trap” again, so you have to buy it aannd carry it around and then you have to use it.. no one will do that.
If even (disabeling and) shooting at them with cannons is too much to ask for :P

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

How about everyone has to port when they die. Works great in sPvP and would stop zergs from reconstituting instantly after every fight.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: redwing.9580

redwing.9580

You are foolish to disregard this and the potential it would bring to the mode. If not revive orbs then something else of similar value should be used.

Also its not P2W. Its ‘Pay to save time’ = P2ST. Lets not confuse the two. Pve already has P2ST firmly implanted in its skull. WvsW as well has also taken quite a few steps into the P2ST model (guild siege taking less supply, golemns, siege costs in general, commander tag cost, guild upgrades, COMBAT BOOSTERS.etc etc). You understand now? You are already in a P2ST mode. This idea with revive orbs is no different than any of the others, except now its something that will “give back” to the gamemode rather than take away from it.

Yes it is provocative and ‘threatening’ since it confirms what the gamemode is and has become. But once we accept this….we can move forward for the better rather than drowning in ignorance to the bottom of the sea.

You should be happy with ideas like this….!
You can’t help the mode if you can’t admit to what it already is
Most of the other ideas for improvement were ‘seflish’, that is why they failed and why anet disregarded them. This is an idea that accepts what the mode is.

BE HAPPY!

because being able to revive yourself inside of a enemy keep wouldn’t give you any upperhand at all am I right

in WvW

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

I would laugh at a commander who would make people use revive orbs

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

in WvW

Posted by: Hexinx.1872

Hexinx.1872

You would just have players afk in keep, get wiped, wait and use res orbs, and towers even. These really are not necessary.

The maps are not that large, i beleive res orbs place is strickly for things like dungeons or fractals … that’s where its really usefull to avoid the check from waypoint run back.

I’m okay with the booster/consumables, most only last an hour anyway, and we need to get rid of them. 5% dmg increase, 5% armor bonus, speed, whatever – its like wxp bonuses, but revive orbs should stay out in my humble opinion.

Besides you won’t get much in terms of gem sales from WvW players for evive orbs unless they were abused in some manner, which the community would then complain about and have them removed. It’s just not a good fit.

For some reason, when I read the title, my mind automatically assumed this thread was about the orbs of power… (my reading comprehension is not on point today)

in WvW

Cerby.1069

because being able to revive yourself inside of a enemy keep wouldn’t give you any upperhand at all am I right

Sarcasm? I mean think about it for a minute. Let’s assume we have revive orbs in the game.

You and ur zerg wipe at bay in the lords. You and ur zerg decide “hey why don’t we sit and wait until the enemy has left, then we revive orb ourselves and take the keep!” So ur zerg in all their infinite wisdom waits…..

The enemy leaves and they are left there alone. They all start and revive orb themselves. What happens when they get up? Well anyone within range of a guard’s aggro is gonna die. Other than that though, sure lets say enough of them aren’t in aggro range and they survive. They sit and wait in the keep and when the effects wear off….they heal their dead and voila you have a new zerg back where they fell ready to take the keep.

What happened in all that time though? You ‘wasted’ all that time sitting there…when you could have just ported and travelled back to the point where you died in a similar time frame. Maybe the people who wiped you pushed past to the other side of the map within that time frame though and ur fine with sacrificing all those points for the objective, maybe you take the objective u spent all the time on. Maybe its a win.

And yet all the defenders need to do to wipe you is have 1 person sit and guard the dead zerg. Maybe the zerg chances it and a handful of them make it out alive..just think of all the time they wasted doing that operation to get a handful of zerglings back to life. They could have ppt’d multiple towers or another keep in all that time. Having an entire enemy zerg docile like that…and “out of action” trying to revive themselves inside a keep is a huge plus for the defenders. All it takes is 1 guard….and in return an entire zerg worth of players is gone from the enemy forces. If you have maxed ur que on a map at 80….and 30 are sitting there trying to revive while 1 enemy keeps them dead….what does that do to ur side’s overall combat abililty? It destroys it completely.

Or even easier lay traps ontop of the dead bodies.

Its not as simplistic as you seem to think it is. Body guarding is a thing, it would still be a thing with revive orbs.

If ur zerg is way into enemy territory and it wipes…..all u need is 1 player to survive and you can revive ur entire zerg! But having 1 person guard the bodies….that destroys that avenue completely. revive orbs would simply automate the process that already exists in the game….the counter to such a process is the same that already exists!

See how fun and how much exploring you can do when you put some thought into an issue?

(edited by Cerby.1069)

in WvW

Posted by: Aury.1367

Aury.1367

as if its not enough to have mesmers and thieves stacking perma stealth inside an enemies keep for half an hour, lets give them the ability to revive if you acutally catch them. Cant facepalm hard enough, would pass out otherwise.

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Reading bullcrap suggestions like this im happy devs kind of neglecting their forums phew..

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

REMEMBER GOLEM WEEK

Machine gun bundle week!

in WvW

Posted by: Napo.1230

Napo.1230

Possibly one of the worst ideas so chances are anet will implement it

in WvW

Posted by: Hexinx.1872

Hexinx.1872

There will be a tactivator for that