Enemies visible on minimap?

in WvW

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

This has happened to me twice so far, playing my mesmer, and only after I purchased a commander tag. When I zone into WvW, EBG, the enemies outside my server’s keep are shown on my minimap as orange dots. This eventually goes away after a minute or two, but I can mouse over the orange dots and see “(server name) Bronze Scout” or whatever they are.

Is this supposed to always happen and I don’t have my settings correct? Is this a bug?

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

I’ve had it happen about 4 times since release. Ran from Citadel-Garri and saw dots, also from our EB keep to SM.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I’ve seen this happen in Obsidian Sanctum a few times, but not in the main WvW maps.

in WvW

Posted by: tmakinen.1048

tmakinen.1048

If you look at the orange dots more closely you’ll see that they are miniature ArenaNet logos. This is a known issue. As for the underlying reason, I suspect that it has something to do with enemy players being within your radar range when you spawn into a zone. Happens most often in OS but can also happen when you switch maps and spawn directly inside a keep (enemies don’t usually hang around the base spawn location for this effect to trigger).

tmakinen of [SoF]

in WvW

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

In EotM, sentries serve this purpose, along with sentry turrets — enemies will show up as orange dots in the same way. I’m guessing it’s a bug carried over from that system that somehow crops up in real WvW.

I actually wouldn’t mind seeing this implemented for sentries in the WvW mainstay; I think it’s kinda neat.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari