Enemys see that your uplevel

in WvW

Posted by: Envy.1679

Envy.1679

Firstly i dont even use uplevels for wvw, but seeing my poor uplevel teammates get targeted by greedy thieves first because they 2 shot them is kind of not cool.

It’d probably be better if the enemy could not see the green arrow next to your name.

just a thought.

MARATHON CIV 5 DIFFICULTY 10 STILL GOING

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

Itd probably be better if your friends not play with upleveld.

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in WvW

Posted by: pza.8024

pza.8024

agreed to op. it steals the fun from those who are playing upleveled. playing upleveled is having a hard time already it doesnt need enemies to know and focus them even more. have a heart!

in WvW

Posted by: Pavel.8531

Pavel.8531

Well, I guess I am from the rare people that ignore upleveled because it isn’t fun fighting them.

in WvW

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

I agree , up-level arrow is just a giant kill me first sign.

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Dont worry , next patch i heard all uplevels will glow bright sun-like orange :P

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Posted by: KeyLimPi.9031

KeyLimPi.9031

That’s been part of the game forever. Upleveled’s are easier to down, hence the term: Rallybot. You’re targeted for being weak. You’re being targeted because we want people to live. You’re targeted for bringing extra CC and potential heals. You’re being targeted for the bags. Mostly, I target you because I hate upleveled players.

I will always hunt you. I will always get my group to focus you. I will stomp you and steal your bag. I will destroy you. I will stomp your dreams, your hopes, and everything you hold dear…. I will be your ruin.

Nothing personal <3

in WvW

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

Run conditions if you are low level. I am geared for condition damage and duration on my low levels and they kick butt

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

Just Thieves really?

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

in WvW

Posted by: Muramasa.6487

Muramasa.6487

Level in PvE first then go WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Mitsubishi Eclipsed.6732

Mitsubishi Eclipsed.6732

When I see that green up arrow and I’m guarding a tower I’m all like…

http://youtu.be/90Ps2L46dUs

R O A R|Weezy|Drïzzy|Drama Llama|Mitsubishi Eclipsed|Swaglock Miststone
Member of Flock Of Smeagols [FoS]
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Kaamau.5341

Kaamau.5341

Hmm…. I used to leave Uplevels alone, but the same uplevel I let live always screwed me over… soo.. no MERCY.

Fort Aspenwood
PRAISE GEESUS

in WvW

Posted by: pza.8024

pza.8024

That’s been part of the game forever. Upleveled’s are easier to down, hence the term: Rallybot. You’re targeted for being weak. You’re being targeted because we want people to live. You’re targeted for bringing extra CC and potential heals. You’re being targeted for the bags. Mostly, I target you because I hate upleveled players.

I will always hunt you. I will always get my group to focus you. I will stomp you and steal your bag. I will destroy you. I will stomp your dreams, your hopes, and everything you hold dear…. I will be your ruin.

Nothing personal <3

From an objective point of view, i can tell you (and mostly anybody else, including myself) like to stomp upleveled in their faces, well… mostly because it gets you a kick demolishing even a group of 3-4 guys with ease. Not even talking about loot here.
I can understand this point of view though the real question should rather be: what fan we do to avoid new players, -upleveled- from getting just overpwnd over and over again getting farmed by thieves no zergs care about and ragequitting that gamemode? One answer is:
get id of that green killme-sign
Or
Make them drop no loot
Make them stronger
Etc.

in WvW

Posted by: justjon.3189

justjon.3189

I spot low lever gear before I spot an up level buff that actually requires clicking or tabbing. What always confused me the most is why everyone can see a buff on me I don’t even see. I’m torn on if I like it or not…

On one hand it’s another aspect to the game. I am downed tab quick and scan for one and hope to rally maybe even targeting it so my friends help out. When I play an up level I use it to kite people to where I want them so they die by others using the “must kill them” mentality against them.

On the other hand if it’s not supposed to be a mechanic do we really need just one more thing on our screens? It does give away you are one but as I said so does gear.

TL;DR and my advice
There are many ways to tell besides just that. When you bring one in expect to die a lot and if half of a Zerg rally’s off of you be prepared that people will be annoyed. Learn to use your disadvantage to your advantage. The key to WvW is just like real war… Get into your enemies head and use their patterns and behaviors that become predictable to your advantage.

Also just an FYI a full glass thief with the right Crits can 2 shot almost anyone it’s not just up levels. They are also just playing their role which is to pick off the weaker back liners which ultimately weakens an entire group. If a thief isn’t annoying you they are doing it wrong.

(edited by justjon.3189)

in WvW

Posted by: Omnitek.3876

Omnitek.3876

I only go for uplevels. Ignore everyone else.

A L T S
Skritt Happens

in WvW

Posted by: Razamatazz.9628

Razamatazz.9628

I liked when my guardian was lvl 75ish and I had my vitality and toughness lines full with toughness and vitality gear. I was like a thief magnet, they were like fleas popping out of stealth and spamming heart seekers on me, bouncing all around me. The funny part was I wouldn’t die and the glass cannons on my team would wipe them. Nothing like laughing at a thief on an up level.

Lydeah – 80 Mesmer
Lorynne – 80 Guardian
[PB] – NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Realist.5812

Realist.5812

2 weeks ago I was running around on my uplvl engi (lvl 60, using junk blue assassin gear) looking for some fights just to practice the class. Every player I came across ran to their tower and camped inside, waiting until friends came and would proceed to 3v1 me. I was utterly surprised that SBI was so scared of me and my uplevel, it was actually frustrating that the burger eaters would run to their towers in fear.

If I come across an uplevel on his own, I jump around and dance with them.

If I come across an uplevel in a group, I down them first. Either their teammates will try to res them, which gives you free hits, or you just removed a source of CC’s and/or support. It’s a win win.

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in every MMO.
Stop failing at PvE, start fixing PvP/WvW. Thank you.