Engineer toys are a force to be reckon with

in WvW

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

Today i had a terrible experience with an Engineer in WvW. This Engineer was spamming turrets like crazy; 4-5 turrents within seconds of each other; which i find very ridiculous to begin with.

To get to the point, i died; no surprise here. Engineer has come a long way from nothingness to something being and i believe, they still need some support buffs from Arena.net but at the moment, i feel they are near balanced.

I consider their turrets as pets and they can be very dangerous.. unlike the rangers
“pet”.

The reason why i’m not “hating” the Engineer class is because they are the only top supportive class in the game, including their toys; which i find wonderfully well designed… alongside the Guardian class.

In fact, the design team who designed this class, deserves an award.

As i already stated, i am not asking for a nerf for the engineer class but to warn others to stay far aways from their toys..if you want to live.

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Video or it didn’t happen.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

Video or it didn’t happen.

where is the video when you were born?

You made it this far, didn’t you?

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Maybe you died because you were just bad, not because of the engineer class. Hard to qualify your statements without a video. XD

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: glaphen.5230

glaphen.5230

Turret cooldowns begin when destroyed so this isn’t really possible unless he keeps picking them up instantly for the 25% cooldown decrease which would kill the point of turrets. Using Supply Crate with Elite Supplies trait lets him have 8 turrets out at the same time but this is WvW so just move out of the area.

in WvW

Posted by: Mike.5193

Mike.5193

I had no idea that turrets were viable.

IoJ – [Lost]
Tuck and Roll: Warrior – What Everyone Loves: Guardian -Hardkore Junglist: Ranger -
Kitty Gearwrench: Engineer – Dwomm: Elementalist – Which Kitten Is It: Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Otaur.9268

Otaur.9268

Today i had a terrible experience with an Engineer in WvW. This Engineer was spamming turrets like crazy; 4-5 turrents within seconds of each other; which i find very ridiculous to begin with.

To get to the point, i died; no surprise here. Engineer has come a long way from nothingness to something being and i believe, they still need some support buffs from Arena.net but at the moment, i feel they are near balanced.

I consider their turrets as pets and they can be very dangerous.. unlike the rangers
“pet”.

The reason why i’m not “hating” the Engineer class is because they are the only top supportive class in the game, including their toys; which i find wonderfully well designed… alongside the Guardian class.

In fact, the design team who designed this class, deserves an award.

As i already stated, i am not asking for a nerf for the engineer class but to warn others to stay far aways from their toys..if you want to live.

This turret spam… Kill them in a few hits (or just run out of range) and the engineer is now locked out of all his utilities for at the least 20 – 60 seconds.
….
It’s the static Discharge and Condition engi’s who will give you a problem. Welcome to WvW~

/EndOfProblem

Blackfang’s Demon Alliance [BfDA]

in WvW

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

Engis are cool to fight since there seems to be a broad range of builds out there (they may not all be great, but at least there is some variation).

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

in WvW

Posted by: Florgknight.1589

Florgknight.1589

Can’t expect to win against every class with a level 20 ele.

in WvW

Posted by: int randInt return.7810

int randInt return.7810

Hm… Ive been playing with turret/condi grenade lately. Mostly just heal turret + thumper, and accellerant packed turrets. Combine with healskill recharge trait and toolbelt recharge trait, it provides a good amount of water+blasts, and knockbacks from thumpers overcharge and each turrets destruction. I
I think im mixing in either eg for extra stunbreak, or fire or net turret (both have pretty good toolbelts, and decent recharge for detonating).

in WvW

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

I agree we’ve come a long way. At launch, we were always free kills (Unless using nades which everyone was forced into). Rifle was buggy as heck, turrets were easily squished and weak, flamethrower was flamethrower, our traits were horrible and so on. Last christmas I didn’t even know what to run since everything was pretty bad I felt desperate, but one year later and anet has improved on a lot for us. Thou not perfect, we do have a lot of options available now, which makes fighting different engies a different experience many times. Here’s hoping the rest of the classes that still need help get it soon

Edit: tho im not entirely sure on turrets being “a force to be reckoned with” :P

in WvW

Posted by: int randInt return.7810

int randInt return.7810

You didnt like the missthrower?

in WvW

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

if he bunkers on turrets stay out of their range and beckon him. he has to stay by the turrets to be effective. it works very well in PvP bunkering points but WvW application is less than stellar.

in WvW

Posted by: Markus.9084

Markus.9084

The irony is strong with this one…

The Op clearly wants to show that you can’t play with turrets, the toys are broken. Defensive turrets are fine (net and healing turret), but the offensive one….

(edited by Markus.9084)

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Turrets are stupid. Only healing turret is manly turret.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Easterbunny.6170

Easterbunny.6170

He just dropped a supply crate on your head man.

Mummies R Us
Gates of Madness Community
DUI Co-Founder

in WvW

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

You spelled Skill Crate wrong.

#balanced

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

in WvW

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

I use my supply crate more to stun and then for the extra med packs than for 2 offensive turrets.

in WvW

Posted by: D best.3547

D best.3547

I believe OP has been affected by what is know as the supply drop syndrome. It kills 1 person every 3 minutes.

Sea of Sorrows
Champion Paragon

in WvW

Posted by: Dredd Spirit Caller.4082

Dredd Spirit Caller.4082

o.O there are 2 engy turrets and u see only 1
this explain the spamming turret with 2 supply crate

Engy:Turrets Nade/HgH Kit Bunker Zerker
Necro:MMMesmer:pve omniRanger:SpiritsThief:P/P

in WvW

Posted by: Haralin.1473

Haralin.1473

I believe it is a joke otherwise he dont know what he is taking about

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]

in WvW

Posted by: ukuni.8745

ukuni.8745

You spelled Skill Crate wrong.

#balanced

another case of supply drop syndrome

Still Winning And Grinning (Swag)
Ukune – Engineer of Maguuma
Check me out on YouTube

in WvW

Posted by: miriforst.1290

miriforst.1290

Best thing that happened to the engineer is the new rocket boots, with a bit of smart buildcrafting even warriors have to break a sweat to catch up with me. Together with super speed it gives us a potential 1600 range leap which is excellent for jumping across chasms to surprise or escape.

Turrets on the other hand is usually a no go, i suppose i can for the fun of it condistack my net turret up to a 6 second immobilize just for the fun of it.

One thing that should be mentioned though, if you got a thief buddy, try having him run venoms. Yeah its pretty hilarious watching people go into such a trap. Its like watching a stop motion movie run at a really low speed. And the lifestealing venoms is a huge boost to their dps.

in WvW

Posted by: ClaraFee.2579

ClaraFee.2579

Turrents placed on top of tower walls from way below are really aggravating. I’d like to see that addressed.

[MGW] [DHA] [VII]
Join Darkhaven at http://www.darkhaven.us