EoTM & Collusion

EoTM & Collusion

in WvW

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

I know no one agrees on what EoTM is, a karma farm, WvW, PvE. But saw something that was a bit much to this weekend. Cross server guild that coordinates and calls out not to fight a side because they are working on avoiding each other. Now the EULA talks about match manipulation but doesn’t use the word collude. Question is was that the intent.

I know the game was built to allow multiple sides to attack a third, but what’s different here is this is closer to kill trading and gold sellers farming themselves to raise and sell toons. I think this is a side effect of removing champ trains, which had its own reasons, but this is a negative impact on EoTM which is a good map. Until EoTM is more closely tied or loosened from regular WvW people will argue on it’s purpose.

I can agree with the people wanting to defend, I can agree with the people wanting to karma farm, I can agree with people wanting to fight. But actively colluding and then asking people to join you in it and calling people out for not….expect resistance. Good hunting!

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

EoTM & Collusion

in WvW

Posted by: Arcadio.6875

Arcadio.6875

As it is now, I’m fine with EOTM being a karma train.

The stated purpose of EOTM doesn’t make sense. Here in T2, we rarely have 4 map queues and when we do, 2-3 of the maps have a light queue so you might as well wait instead of going to EOTM. While there may be some people who actually want to have a competitive match that only takes a few hours instead of a whole week, there aren’t going to be enough of those people on at the same time to make that dream a reality.

So let the people running the karma trains collude. They aren’t match fixing because there isn’t a match! I mean…how can it even be called a match when the players don’t even care, lol.

That said, I do think the EOTM map is wasted and should be incorporated into WvW. My suggestion is to do a test run for a week. Have the EOTM map replace EB. Then we can see how EOTM will work when the players have a competitive mindset and are actually coordinated since it would be proper servers playing against each other instead of megaservers. If the community likes it, then we can have EOTM and EB switch places every other week. When EOTM is the WvW map, EB would be the extra map that people karma train in.

Lord Arcadio
League Of Ascending Immortals [OATH]

EoTM & Collusion

in WvW

Posted by: XacTactX.6709

XacTactX.6709

People colluding in EotM to make it a more efficient karma train isn’t a problem, the fact that it’s a karma train substitution for real WvW is a problem.

Anet likely didn’t want to remove the armor stats entirely because…well,
we’ve all seen what happens in games where there’s no disadvantage to taking your pants off.

EoTM & Collusion

in WvW

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

eotm as karma train is awesome. thats why they got rid of champ trains.

it serves as a lure for pve players and allow them to get their feet wet for wvw

EoTM & Collusion

in WvW

Posted by: Menzies The Heretic.3415

Menzies The Heretic.3415

EotM is a great map, don’t get me wrong.

But as a commander, I usually get these absolute PvE farmers. They have no interest in holding towers and keeps. Or wiping the enemy off the chart.

The great rewards sound great and all, but it has downsides aswell.

• A lot of players are playing EotM rather than WvW only because the rewards are better.
    (I’m playing it because of guilds taking care of BL and EB, commanding not possible then)
  • A lot of fun and tactics are taken away because of farmers. The chat is often filled with hate and discussions between people who want fun, and those who want karma.
  • It attracts a lot of levelers.
    (It should be a choice to level in WvW, not a requirement because its the easy way)
* Twitch – Mênzîes – Mesmer pvp
* YouTube – Fun, guides and gameplay

EoTM & Collusion

in WvW

Posted by: Kaos.9162

Kaos.9162

Start a cross-server guild to collude and hunt them down to start fights. I’d be willing to join a guild like that, and some other people expressed similar sentiment in the badwrongfun thread. People like that would be easy to massacre with coordinated defenses.

EoTM & Collusion

in WvW

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

I would join a guild to slaughter EOTM karma farmers. It would be the best fun I could have in GW2.

EoTM & Collusion

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

EoTM = (roughly) megaserver —> no community —> no one cares about winning or losing —> karma train.

EoTM & Collusion

in WvW

Posted by: Kanebrake.6192

Kanebrake.6192

I would join a guild to slaughter EOTM karma farmers. It would be the best fun I could have in GW2.

It’s really not that fun. You get real tired of “tiny loot bag” showing up in your inventory. So tired in fact that you end up karma training just to have a challenge and fight some vet and champ npcs

BG