EoTM: Future Karma train map

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Just looking at the rewards from taking a structure in EoTM, it’s just asking to be the next karma train map. Especially if you’re already dominating regular WvW maps, popping into EoTM to karma train will be the next big thing.

Hopefully the rewards can be nerfed a bit cause honestly, current rewards are way too high.

Also, way too much dragonite from keep lords now

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Arisal.9740

Arisal.9740

Wow first time I have seen a post saying to nerf the rewards. Are you bloody mad? On a side not how much dragonite are the keep lords giving now? Patch notes said they increased it. I believe they were dropping 4-5 pre patch.

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

Got 16 while guildie got 18 dragonite from capping garrison yesterday. I think it’s Jormang level now.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Aurust.8961

Aurust.8961

If you karma train in there you will be farmed….. as you progress further from your spawn the run back becomes obnoxious… so your train will thin out and then a guild group will farm you.

I am hoping people come there for karma trains.

Master- [DKLT] The Darkness and The Light
JQ WvW

in WvW

Posted by: albotelho.2931

albotelho.2931

It is not too much, it is now on same level as most world bosses on PVE, now we can “farm” dragonite without having to go out of WvW.

Of course it may promote karma trains even more, but it is fair that we can get as much dragonite as PvErs get today.

Turig Wolfsbane Norn Guardian
Rangrorn Charr Necromancer
Ultimate Legion [UL]

in WvW

Posted by: jman.7415

jman.7415

Isn’t Karma pretty much useless? I have tons of karma and have no idea what to do with it.

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

Isn’t Karma pretty much useless? I have tons of karma and have no idea what to do with it.

There’s always new PvE’ish players to the game who wanna make a legendary and need to farm up karma.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: stoat.4257

stoat.4257

It doesn’t seem very auto run friendly. Denied for karmatraining.

Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Karma train is the classic name of the activity. What’s being farmed nowadays is everything else.

in WvW

Posted by: bob.8632

bob.8632

People that know how to use karma still farm it.

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

People that know how to use karma still farm it.

Or this. But then, regardless it still just builds up over time whatever you’re doing.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

If you karma train in there you will be farmed….. as you progress further from your spawn the run back becomes obnoxious… so your train will thin out and then a guild group will farm you.

In a true karma train, you cap and your opponent, in an unspoken agreement, decaps behind you (or vice versa). Both of you win.

in WvW

Posted by: Burl.9567

Burl.9567

In a true karma train, you cap and your opponent, in an unspoken agreement, decaps behind you (or vice versa). Both of you win.

Some guilds thrive on breaking these up because they like making the opponent rage. I have a feeling there will be many of these.

in WvW

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

It is already a karma train. Right now, it would be much easier to K-Train the BLs if that is your sort of thing. Less resistance.

in WvW

Posted by: johnnymiller.5968

johnnymiller.5968

Why do people always assume when something is new and people want to try it out – or a certain aspect of this game is popular, players are on the karma train? Should the dev’s do away with all karma from world vs world & EoTM just to satisfy a percentage of players.
I have nearly 7 million karma from playing world vs world & PvE . Do I play WvW or PvE because I want karma? No, it’s a by-product just like gold.

in WvW

Posted by: nirvana.8245

nirvana.8245

Seems like its turned WvW into a bigger karma train. Tonight my guild went into EoTM and full capped the map which didn’t have enough opponents to defend. Then we went back to WvW and full capped multiple maps because there weren’t enough opponents to defend them. Its either a direct result of EoTM, or a huge amount of players have recently quit the game.

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

I gave EoTM another shot today and it hasn’t changed. There’s no organised force on any side (no common VOIP after all, can’t be helped), so any time there’s a commander who’s even semi competent, you can full cap the EoTM map.

Though if you roam the map, there’s plenty of PvE players to gank

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

Why do people always assume when something is new and people want to try it out – or a certain aspect of this game is popular, players are on the karma train? Should the dev’s do away with all karma from world vs world & EoTM just to satisfy a percentage of players.
I have nearly 7 million karma from playing world vs world & PvE . Do I play WvW or PvE because I want karma? No, it’s a by-product just like gold.

You are not seeing the forest for the trees friend…Sure there is some truth that people do not want “karma trains” in these maps because it draws people there farming something (karma, gold, badges, wxp, etc/whatever)…

But the bigger picture is that the karma train gains a negative connotation because of the type of play it typically encourages/produces. That is what the majority of the people that say “nerf the karma train” are really going on about.

Mag Server Leader