EoTM and WHY NOT TO BAG TRAIN.

in WvW

Posted by: Sages.3496

Sages.3496

So i would like to say this, this is not the first thread in which something like this has been brought up but there are alot of points to be had here i’m hoping people will understand.

Arenanet dare i say their name on the forums because we all know how they respond to players trying to help the game succeed, you need to balance the maps properly and make it so there is a even amount of players on each side regardless of what server players come from.

I come from piken square and this week we are on blue, which stands no chance against green which has easily 5 players if not more to each blue player, as if this were not unfair enough. looking at the map i am linking, this is a direct result of bagtraining against the side with less players.

Those who believe bagtraining is a good thing, look at this map as a result of your actions and tell me. is it such a good thing? now you have nothing to cap, no players to kill, and absolutely nothing to do. if you complain about such, it is your own fault. Points to OG

Please feel free to flame me, feel free to post negative comments on this thread. but remember, this is not my fault, this is your own.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Surprise them and put up some siege. Nobody expects that in EoTM

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Me Kill You.9035

Me Kill You.9035

I would suggest polishing your roam builds and get some friends/guildies to go and help back cap what you can from the mob.

Honestly in eotm if you have 8-10 people and some siege you can get through stuff pretty quick. And if you guys are good you can fight their zerg and maybe get some kills to demoralize them ;0

Jade Quarry [TPA]

in WvW

Posted by: Coldtart.4785

Coldtart.4785

Who cares what happens in pve?

in WvW

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

TBH this is why EotM isn’t taken seriously. As much as this sounds like an inconsiderate post it’s not.

You could take a group of 15-20 people that are in normal WvW and built properly and 9 times out of 10 walk all over an EotM zerg. EotM is full of uplevels, people who just want to K-Train, and basically don’t put any real effort into their builds or work on coordination. It’s laughable when you go in with a few organized people, I remember running into a full on zerg to suicide with 6 other friends, even when trying to die we wiped the zerg with 7 people.

My suggestion to you OP, if you really like EotM and plan to spend a fair bit of time actually playing (not just leveling or visiting on occasion) find some like minded people, research some builds, and lay waste to the enemy with a small group. All it takes is a bit of organization, you can put a stop to what you’re complaining about and have some laughs with a bit of effort. I’m sure there is other people that like EotM for whatever reason and would be willing to join you on the conquest of lawls.

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

So the major problem with EotM is that its something you can OF and jump to a new map. It takes a lot away from the wining the match type of mind set at best its a good farm or a good kill farm (kind of like pking from old mmorpgs).

I still think they need to comply remove EotM from effect stander wvw and make it more of a chose your side rvr open pvp map that has an pve reward for the side that wins the match up. At the same time make it a lot harder if not make a set number of maps that the OF can make. (or not pve reward if you simply jump in and do nothing)

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

That screenshot just show how hard i carry our team in EotM.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

That screenshot displays 10 mins left. Of course OG or the side with the most players is gonna own like 99% of everything – why? Because around the 20 min left mark a lot of people leave because they run out of stuff to cap or they get bored.

Please show me a map screenshot that’s exactly the same yet with 2 HOURS left, THEN you can complain about being bag farmed.

Call like 10 guildies/friends in, clad in real wvw gear and go bag hunt the uplvl infested ‘monster’ sized zergs? You’ll be surprised how easy it is to steamroll over them.

in WvW

Posted by: Shadey Dancer.2907

Shadey Dancer.2907

Anet don’t care about balancing in eotm. It’s only now, that when HOT is on the verge of release (coincidence ? ) we are seeing some attempt at balancing in wvw (only took three years), and according to a recent post by a dev, eotm is not an issue.

in WvW

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

Well to be fair EotM is really not an issue, it’s the one place where 15 people can literally make the difference and cause the opposing teams to log, if those 15 people half know what they are doing.

in WvW

Posted by: videoboy.4162

videoboy.4162

Anet don’t care about balancing in eotm. It’s only now, that when HOT is on the verge of release (coincidence ? ) we are seeing some attempt at balancing in wvw (only took three years), and according to a recent post by a dev, eotm is not an issue.

It makes sense, since EotM is basically just there to K Train while waiting for the real WvW queue to pop.

lol we actually just had a “Commander” block nearly a dozen people for trying to get her to actually cap things instead of Defending or waiting to Defend. Told us to get off her map if we didn’t like it.

in WvW

Sages.3496

That screenshot displays 10 mins left. Of course OG or the side with the most players is gonna own like 99% of everything – why? Because around the 20 min left mark a lot of people leave because they run out of stuff to cap or they get bored.

Please show me a map screenshot that’s exactly the same yet with 2 HOURS left, THEN you can complain about being bag farmed.

Call like 10 guildies/friends in, clad in real wvw gear and go bag hunt the uplvl infested ‘monster’ sized zergs? You’ll be surprised how easy it is to steamroll over them.

Got reports of that map that day being like that the entire time, im betting you’re from north america. but OG owns the map like that nearly every time.

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

they should just scrap eotm, and open them only if you have 4 wvw map queued …. then we can farm those ktrainers in wvw…

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Sages.3496

they should just scrap eotm, and open them only if you have 4 wvw map queued …. then we can farm those ktrainers in wvw…

Or limit EotM up to a certain level for leveling and then make it so the say.. 75-80’s get wvw.