EoTM is better than WvW...

in WvW

Posted by: Ryudnard.2587

Ryudnard.2587

The map is always full. You get plenty of farm and gold. Faster and easier to hop in at any time. Even better fights…

Well…..

in WvW

Posted by: Garrus.7403

Garrus.7403

EoTM in 2k17…… ulu

I Will Raiden
Why So Serious?

in WvW

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

For casual fights it is great. Its like playing gw2 when it had just started, only you have awesome gear.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

this will make Anet think EOTM is a decent gamemode… wich is not….

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: Malerian.8435

Malerian.8435

I mean to each their own. But I play WvW not for rewards in the first place, but I play for the fights. Unfortunately people are more interested in Gold/Karma and all that it seems.

But if you are only after gold and such then I guess killing up levels in EOTM is where it is at….

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

The 3 faction design, with megaserver tech, is far superior to how wvw is set up.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

I have friends who love EOTM more than WvW and vice versa.
Each has its own flavor and lure for different groups of players.
I hope both stays active for a long while to come.

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

in WvW

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

The map is always full. You get plenty of farm and gold. Faster and easier to hop in at any time. Even better fights…

Well…..

easier fights does not mean better ones.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

Well…..

Better stuff in gw2 means easy stuff, and be Successful means being good.
You are in gw2 where 10+ vs 1 is consederated skill, same as some think 40 vs a gate(empty strcuture farm) its very skillfull.

gw2 standards are a bit weird…..

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in WvW

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

Well…..

Better stuff in gw2 means easy stuff, and be Successful means being good.
You are in gw2 where 10+ vs 1 is consederated skill, same as some think 40 vs a gate(empty strcuture farm) its very skillfull.

gw2 standards are a bit weird…..

then i pray the sith take over anet so wvw can be a proper war.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

i would join….

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

+190k EotM kills and counting. When i go normal WvW i am like some kind of gaming god because EotM have made me superior being.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Garrus.7403

Garrus.7403

+190k EotM kills and counting. When i go normal WvW i am like some kind of gaming god because EotM have made me superior being.

You got no ultimate dominator? In 2k17? I am speechless.

I Will Raiden
Why So Serious?

in WvW

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

Better fights as in zerg type fights, or is there actually roaming there too?

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

You got no ultimate dominator? In 2k17? I am speechless.

Well i got 60k kills before EotM launch, i don’t play that much, i don’t run with a guild or use guardian staff 1.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

(edited by Junkpile.7439)

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

I played EotM when Fearomancer ruled.
Don’t know how many kills, don’t even know if they counted. Don’t care, it was so much fun.

in WvW

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

I have had some especially tough/fun 1v1 fights in EOTM. Its a good way to find players from servers that we don’t see much of. Of course, you run into the 1v4 where the 4 get crushed because they’re up levels spamming 1. Makes me sad, but I still appreciate their bags.

SBI

in WvW

Posted by: jamesdolla.3954

jamesdolla.3954

I think it’s better just because there’s no awful upgrades, horrid siege and tactics.

Native Maguuman

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

I think it’s better just because there’s no awful upgrades, horrid siege and tactics.

better because theres no effort, no defenders no siege?

tipical gw2 player

in WvW

Posted by: Lord of Rings.5371

Lord of Rings.5371

Ask,

was this fun?

Then decide which one is better, EoTM or WvW?

WvW was fun sometimes before HoT.

EoTM was fun at launch of HoT when players were grinding for specializations.

Fire Water Air
FA

in WvW

Posted by: jamesdolla.3954

jamesdolla.3954

tipical gw2 player

No, we can actually have fights without siege and all the other bad tactics they added in wvw. no1 cares about ppt

Native Maguuman

in WvW

Posted by: ThunderPanda.1872

ThunderPanda.1872

Wouldn’t be surprised if devs agree with this.

More and more eotm mechanics are creeping into WvW… from auto upgrades, kitten cliffs, pre-changed DBL mechanics, super PVE lords npc, those teleport portals that can only be used under certain conditions because the map is so kitten to traverse, towers have absolutely no strategic purpose beside free karma, megaservers, shrines (I mean more easier karma)… etc

At this pace, WvW will become the child of mama EOTM and not the other way around

So sad

Send me 1000g and I will stop trolling WvW forum.
I have a dream – Our Anet Senpai will make WvW Great Again!
WvW Forum is more competitive than WvW

(edited by ThunderPanda.1872)

in WvW

Posted by: Nusku.3941

Nusku.3941

EOTM is really not that bad at all, in fact I like both forms of WvW (traditional and EOTM), I just think the scenery of EOTM is soooo much more better than the trash alpine borderlands and eternal battleground.

in WvW

ThunderPanda.1872

EOTM is really not that bad at all, in fact I like both forms of WvW (traditional and EOTM), I just think the scenery of EOTM is soooo much more better than the trash alpine borderlands and eternal battleground.

Except the distinction between the two is gradually disappearing

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

tipical gw2 player

No, we can actually have fights without siege and all the other bad tactics they added in wvw. no1 cares about ppt

then i must be really lucky, since i only find siege on the keeps/towers im atacking or use while outmaned and we got 1 or 2 zergs at the gates and wall, wich is totally fine, w/o this would be a free and effortless game, dont fort that AOE can reach the full extend of the wall, basicly atackers have advantage so siege is needed, players also atack only if they outman the defenders as well.

If i recall the last time i saw a ballis or ac on open fiels, was like 2-y years ago, and yeah that was… lame but group stops mommentum to build spike a siege and gets aoed…

edit: besides game is not about skill, wvw is even less about player side skills, all that matters is a aoe gimmick, siege or no siege both are lame and skilless, game has no tactics nor decent fight structure (besides aoe spamming).

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

I really need to visit EoTM again.

Cause last time I was there it was like a kindergarten for special kids, where keep lords could wipe 25 mans and 5 man guilds could roll 30 mans.

in WvW

Posted by: Wizigard.4760

Wizigard.4760

I’m not sure if “farm and gold” should be deciding or even remotely important factor for… anything. I kind of liked EotM but constant whining about how the map is pve, even from people of your own team/faction or w/e made me kind of reconsider …Deffending against EotM zergs was cool though… until gates went paper and wvw bonuses were nerfed. But then again I acquired so much distaste towards farming and reward system of GW2 that I just quit. I came back to check how wvw is doing though, but I get it’s not doing well at all.

in WvW

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

I prefer EOTM than normal WvW maps usually because there’s more things to do, more things to capture, and fun things like scorps and taking tunnels for shortcuts.

I think if Anet want to make each map truly unique, it would be neat to have each boss, or even just the boss of each keep, give unique rewards, like how dungeons in GW1 gave unique rewards – like the Voltaic Spear for example.

This would make going for keeps all that more rewarding.

The same could be applied to WvW maps – specifically, Champion Lord Lykesh, from the Eternal Necropolis, in the desert Borderlands, could drop the Dhuum’s Soul Reaper Skin, as well as separate armor skins that have a Lich theme (see pics attached).

Attachments:

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

(edited by Zaoda.1653)

in WvW

Posted by: Famine.7915

Famine.7915

I go there on a bad day when I need to solo a group of 25 or so. But, that was… A looooooooooong time ago. :/

Vee/Volk
Maguuma – Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Necromancer

in WvW

ThunderPanda.1872

I go there on a bad day when I need to solo a group of 25 or so. But, that was… A looooooooooong time ago. :/

You’d probably also win

in WvW

Posted by: Famine.7915

Famine.7915

You’d probably also win

Probably. Me and a friend were on zerk thieves a long time ago in eotm south tower. A 60 man zerg was trying to take it from the north. Just the two of us wiped them by spamming cluster bomb from the top of the wall; I kitten you not… :/

Vee/Volk
Maguuma – Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Artemis Thuras.8795

Artemis Thuras.8795

This one time in eotm – before FGS rush got nerfed, We went in with 3 eles, and 1 thief.
might stacked, Shadow refuge, and 4 fgs rush through the zerg from stealth, downed entire enemy map blob, excluding about 4. Was absolutely hilarious. I wish I’d recorded it.

Co-Leader of The Mythical Dragons [MYTH],
Advocate of learning and being a useful party member.
http://mythdragons.enjin.com/recruitment

in WvW

Posted by: Vicious.3042

Vicious.3042

compared to WvW, EotM is a kiddie pool. OP enjoy beating up toddlers? I thought you would, we all do sometimes.