EoTM overwhelmingly favors red

in WvW

Posted by: Radian.2478

Radian.2478

I’ve been red for the last two weeks in EoTM and we’ve had a win percentage of about 85%, most of which were matches not even close where we’ve gotten at least 80% of the PPT multiple times in the match. There’s even been multiple matches where we’ve got 100% PPT. We have even had pathetic PvE commanders commanding who drop catapults at gates of stuff that isn’t even being defended (at least drop it at the wall?) and have no clue how siege works and still win in blowout fashion. The red side definitely gets the most players on average, I’m thinking because many are losing in WvW and want to go here. Not only that, the map design favors red. Green has two useless structures(shrine and bell tower) and one good one (forge). Blue has wurm tunnel which is good but airport is bad and then workshop causes their keep to flip about 10x easier than either of the other keeps. Yes, workshop also makes the keep easier to get back but many people rage quit after losing a keep. Red also has the toughest keep to take followed by green and then blue. Red’s keep boss is the toughest, plus the gate design makes it easy to defend the gates. Red’s Altar is amazing for zerglings being able to catch up to their commander after spawning in which is probably why red maintains its huge numbers. Enemy servers capping altar have much less use for it too since they have to wait to build it and it’s not as useful using it there as it is for red people using it. Observatory is also amazing because the turrets can be placed in the keep or both obs/altar gate to watch for inc. It also flips way slower so if a zerg gets there, it gives more time. Statuary is not that great, though. Green also has that gate glitch which single-handedly screws over the whole side but I won’t say much about it since it’s not intended. The map design also appears to have blue and green stalemate against each other just north of needle tower which gives red more opportunity to hit either side (or at the least blue and green stalemate against each other more than either with red on average). Some say that red is intended to be slightly better because it’s the losing servers. I don’t know what Anet’s intention is or not about that. I personally think they should be equally balanced but it is very clear that red is overwhelmingly better than the other sides which decreases the competitiveness.

This topic is not intended to complain but rather just give my opinion on the current balance. Others can feel very welcome to state their opinion on the current balance regardless of whether or not it is similar or totally different than what I think of it.

(edited by Radian.2478)

in WvW

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

Red has an advantage due to the fact that those servers are usually the ones getting rolled in the mist war, so they tend to enjoy the match in EoTM where they can atleast kill a few people.

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

5/8 red servers are not currently in 3rd place
6/8 red servers are in really close matches
(na bracket)

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: Naz.2607

Naz.2607

Don’t know if it’s intentional or not but, it’s definitely true.

Naz ©

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Well thing is that nobody care about red. It’s much easier attack blue because you can use devourers.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

If that’s the case, then why is it that when I went in recently, the entire EotM map was Green, home bases included?

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in WvW

Posted by: Sevenn.3085

Sevenn.3085

People still go eotm? ? Wow

[ECL] [CE] [Oz]

in WvW

Posted by: InfernoHero.5687

InfernoHero.5687

Ham/Bow warrior with PVT gear here.

Yeeeeeep

It’s actually a lot more fun than normal WvW if I don’t have anyone playing in EB with me.

in WvW

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Your so cool

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Shouldn’t EOTM threads be moved into the PvE area?

in WvW

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

EOTM is terrible. Terrible map. Every bridge you take feels like you are getting farther away from where you are trying to go. Re-spawn takes forever to get back. Bad, bad, bad.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

in WvW

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

EOTM is terrible. Terrible map. Every bridge you take feels like you are getting farther away from where you are trying to go. Re-spawn takes forever to get back. Bad, bad, bad.

And yet the match-ups and time that matches last are STILL better than normal WvW.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in WvW

Posted by: MiniMe.1960

MiniMe.1960

Didn’t play a lot on this map yet, but what you don’t like I like most.

Greezzz

in WvW

Posted by: Sevenn.3085

Sevenn.3085

Your so cool

You’re………

[ECL] [CE] [Oz]

in WvW

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

(na bracket)

Well, seeing how I might see 2 to 5 SoR people a day in WvW, that whole server might be in EoTM.

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

(na bracket)

Well, seeing how I might see 2 to 5 SoR people a day in WvW, that whole server might be in EoTM.

tbh i think anet should throw SoR in with bronze league so they can bleed out rating faster and keep the bleeding from inflating the upper end of the rankings.

but, you know, takes 6 months to get anything implemented. at least SoR will be in their place by then.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: Radian.2478

Radian.2478

Please keep posts relevant to the topic.

I am finally blue now after being red for the past two weeks and we just can’t get the numbers that red does. I’ll tag up at the very start and already outnumbered right from the start. Red seems to be able to get orange swords effortlessly while we are well under that. I am sure that during beta or first two weeks of release, the different sides on EoTM had similar win percentages. It’d be interesting if anet is able to have the win percentages of each side in EoTM. Red has pretty much won 85% of the time when I’ve been on red the past two weeks as well as this week as I’m on blue. I’m still thinking there needs to be some sort of different match making algorithm like sPvP that balances the side because when one side has twice as many players as the other, there’s no way to win. There’s only two ways I can ever remember losing on red:

1) no one on red tags up
2) a guild group on blue or green parties up to repeatedly to send in a large amount of players

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Doesn’t matter since the score doesn’t matter and the rewards don’t matter.