EotM Outnumbered

EotM Outnumbered

in WvW

Posted by: Shadey Dancer.2907

Shadey Dancer.2907

Q:

Why are there so many EotM maps with outnumbered on them? I just did an experiment, map hopping on EotM and there were at least seven maps with red outnumbered. I gave up counting after that. They don’t seem to be filling before going to overflow on another map. Kinda hard to have a decent zerg on zerg in those situations, though obviously the wxp is nice—-whilst still alive.

(edited by Shadey Dancer.2907)

EotM Outnumbered

in WvW

Posted by: johnnymiller.5968

johnnymiller.5968

You’re right. Maybe the novelty has died off? Also starting to find sides employing a few of the negative tactics encountered in regular world vs world.

EotM Outnumbered

in WvW

Posted by: Inexor.7804

Inexor.7804

I’m also encountering this most of the time. Green/OG creates overflow after overflow, while Red/BL is often outmanned und Blue/FR.. well are there even Blue players? Think they are threatened with extinction. <.<

There has something to be done. I’m not willing to be the cannon fodder for Green or beeing farmed at spawn.

Also I have the feeling, that once a new overflow has been created you cant get away from it. The game keeps putting me into the same overflow again and again. And since the older overflow was outmanned 5min ago I doubt the reason is a full old overflow.

(edited by Inexor.7804)

EotM Outnumbered

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Also I have the feeling, that once a new overflow has been created you cant get away from it. The game keeps putting me into the same overflow again and again. And since the older overflow was outmanned 5min ago I doubt the reason is a full old overflow.

Maybe there are very few instances of EoTM — or even just one? Outside of karma training and PvEers doing their dailies, EoTM doesn’t seem very popular anymore (for good reason IMO).

EotM Outnumbered

in WvW

Inexor.7804

Yeah, maybe only few, but only one? 1h remaining and the only EotM-server is a fresh one, with nothing capped/grey map? No, I dont believe this.

I would like to have a server browser for this in order to see how many overflows are currently running and choosing the one I want to join – cannon fodder you know.

EotM Outnumbered

in WvW

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

Probably less people play Eotm now.

Also don’t forget that if servers are pooled based on their matchup colour, naturally red ones have less players.

If you happen to have a friend on a populated map, make a party and you can join him there.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

EotM Outnumbered

in WvW

Posted by: Shadey Dancer.2907

Shadey Dancer.2907

Just a suggestion—-as EotM maps do not contribute to your native world, which base you are on is more or less cosmetic (granted some keep bosses are harder than others ie the Grawl with elemental double act twins), sooo why can’t when we are put into the EotM map, your assigned a position at the beginning, with the lowest population colour being filled first on a rota. At least that way there can be a balance for every one. Its no fun being out-manned, but on the other side of the coin, its not much fun totally dominating a map with nothing to cap, or anyone to compete against.

EotM Outnumbered

in WvW

Inexor.7804

Just a suggestion—-as EotM maps do not contribute to your native world, which base you are on is more or less cosmetic (granted some keep bosses are harder than others ie the Grawl with elemental double act twins), sooo why can’t when we are put into the EotM map, your assigned a position at the beginning, with the lowest population colour being filled first on a rota. At least that way there can be a balance for every one. Its no fun being out-manned, but on the other side of the coin, its not much fun totally dominating a map with nothing to cap, or anyone to compete against.

I also thought about a solution like this. The problem in your case could be the possibility to spy the zerg of one color and tell all their actions to another color. Just because one player doesnt like the color/guild/commander and want to harm them.
I would rather suggest to relocate all server (independent of their color in the current WvW matchup) after one round has ended, based on the active players in the last round.
Of course spying could also appear there, but I think it would be less compared to allocation based on each single player.

EotM Outnumbered

in WvW

Posted by: Radian.2478

Radian.2478

I’ve always complained that red wins 85% of the time. That was true for the past 4 weeks or so up until this week where green has started to win about the same as red. What’s really bad is that I’ve done a lot of EoTM and just can’t remember the last time I saw blue win. Not only that, I can’t remember blue ever being within 30% of the winner’s score and maybe one out of 20 times they have actually ended up in second place. When I was blue for a week, we of course never won and I was outnumbered 90% of the time upon logging in. The only times we weren’t outnumbered, we either were lucky and had a large guild group that decided to play or we just barely had enough people not to trigger outnumbered but still clearly had much less players than the enemy servers. I’ve always said that the matchmaking scheme needs to be changed and partially randomized. Half of my EoTM matches that I play, blue ends up with 0 PPT at some point in time which should not be happening ever.

EotM Outnumbered

in WvW

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

The map is not good at all for roaming/small points. You can solo the camps and the sentries, but that’s all you can do by your self.

So what happens is the factions all Zerg up, and there is a (usually only one) big zerg vs zerg fight. As soon as one Zerg loses, people quit in droves. Why play on a zerg map when your zerg cant win because the other zerg is bigger? Once this fight happens, one Zerg leaves and the remaining Zerg does champ train by itself.

That’s what Edge of the Mists is.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

EotM Outnumbered

in WvW

Posted by: Airwolf.7382

Airwolf.7382

I hate being outnumbered all the time. I’m blue and green just has 4 times the amount of people we have on some maps more even. The moment they deside to defend. we cant cap a thing. and if the want a point, we cant defend it. It just takes all the fun away. maybe this needs a cap anyway. then we will have queues. But so be it, at least the zerg Vs zerg will be a lot less one sided.

Even heard someone saying that if red+blue have more points combined than green. it is going well. Is that really what you want for EotM

We need a cap on the amount of overflows or something intill the other maps catch up. so at least a server is filled from all sides instead of breaking the incomplete sides from getting the much needed members.

(I know this is a thread necro, but this is one of the better threads i found on this subject)

EotM Outnumbered

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

What anet can do when your players leave after first wipe? You have huge zerg when match start and after you die you get outnumbered. Maybe anet should force players play in EotM.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

EotM Outnumbered

in WvW

Posted by: GreenAlien.5623

GreenAlien.5623

The problem is, that during the WvW Season colors arent assigned randomly. Green is the favorite in every regular WvW Match-Up, and Eotm pooling all the greens together, naturally means they have a huge advantage over Red and Blue..

To fix this EotM colors should not match WvW colors and unite high and low population servers.

(edited by GreenAlien.5623)

EotM Outnumbered

in WvW

Posted by: Exquisitor.5076

Exquisitor.5076

I thought EotM was supposed to have incoming players shuffled so there would always be even numbers on each side. Pretty silly not to do it this way.

EotM Outnumbered

in WvW

Posted by: Airwolf.7382

Airwolf.7382

at least during the tournament seasons this needs to be changed. as well as how the maps fill / stay filled.

EotM Outnumbered

in WvW

Posted by: iAmPesukone.2931

iAmPesukone.2931

Green has been winning constantly for as long as I can remember playing EotM, and being a Vabbi player I’m playing Red pretty much all the time. The single time Vabbi won its matchup in regular WvW I got to play Green and it didn’t change a thing. Green still beat everyone, every time.

I don’t know how true this is, but it seems to me the Green Castle Lord, that grawl shaman guy, is a lot harder to defeat than the other two Castle Lords. The Red one deals a lot of damage but is pretty much your usual farming champ and the Blue one isn’t much of a deal either. The Green champ, however, takes at least double the time to kill thanks to the invincibility gimmick, if Red or Blue even get that far in the first place. The other two champs can be dps’d down by an unorganized zerg that does not pay attention to anything, whereas the Green one actually requires some coordination to kill.

EotM Outnumbered

in WvW

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

Strongest server with most people are green and Anet is stacking them up in one team in the edge.