EotM, are Hardcore WvW'rs going to do it?

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

I was originally thinking this was going to be the new GvG area until I learned it’s going to be the lychpin of this LS installment.
Are people big into WvW going to be doing it (outside of reset night queues) or is it going to be a casual wonderland?

in WvW

Posted by: rooney.7968

rooney.7968

hopefully its a casual wonderland

[HOPE] Minoria Exaltada
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

I am hoping it’s a nice alternative for solo roaming when the BL zergs get too big

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: Rawr.5930

Rawr.5930

Most likely will turn into a gankers paradise.

Meega Kweesta

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

I think the first couple weeks will be a farm fest, lotta people will be there to check out the new Champ Train, LS, and just new map in general. Once they realize the risk of running a champ train in a WvW scenario many will move back to their previous Champ Trains.

Of course I could be completely wrong and there will be mass warfare everywhere.

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Hopefully fights are like in start when everybody didn’t use same TS. Real messy old school brawling.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

Will not have a large hardcore following due to lack of guild/group queue.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

in WvW

Posted by: godofcows.2451

godofcows.2451

pve ppl will be there with fancy gear. walking lootbags gg.

in WvW

Posted by: Vespirisa.1497

Vespirisa.1497

Farm some PvE bags for 2 weeks. Then back to the BLs.

IoJ→KN→DB→SoR→CD→SoR→TC → SBI
Scrub D/D Ele. What’s server loyalty?

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

Because EB and the BLs do?

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Nuzt.7894

Hopefully fights are like in start when everybody didn’t use same TS. Real messy old school brawling.

Not sure about you but I’m showing up with a 2×4 with a nail in the end of it !

in WvW

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

Whatever happens, I am wearing my seatbelt and helmet.
Nothing can hurt me when my body is ready.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

Ugh, let’s not stop talking about who is “hardcore” and who is not. What is wrong with MMO people?

People will go ‘cause it’s new. They’ll stay if it’s more fun, they’ll not stay if it’s less fun.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

How about we don’t speculate, and then actually go and see for ourselves tomorrow?

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

I’m asking because the projected teams have SoR, Mag, and FA all on the same color; all servers that are “about the fights” and don’t care overly much about PPT. If they come out in force, it’s going to be a one-sided bloodbath and will be the most hated patch in the history of MMOs.

in WvW

Nuzt.7894

Your forgetting about the BG, JQ, SoS, SBI, TC, … ect ect ect overflows. They wont be the only servers there, many will be there to try out the new map, avoid Queue’s and try and get some good fights.

(edited by Nuzt.7894)

in WvW

Posted by: arKRazor.8654

arKRazor.8654

Half dead servers ~cough~ may see this as a way to have some fun even if their home can’t put up a fight alone. It may actually produce complete no-shows on the standard maps.

Sometimes you might opt to fight alongside strangers rather than fight alone on a borderland.

Halfpint Sapper – Poorly-traited Asuran Engineer/CatHound/Part-time Warbanner

Devona’s Rest [OHai][GloB]

(edited by arKRazor.8654)

in WvW

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Can people solo the champions? if not it will be blob vs blob.

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in WvW

Posted by: Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

A new map after over a year, yeah everyone is gonna be there!

As said PvEers beware, if you go around flashing your legendary, WvWers will stomp you with their exotics

Macros, you can use them as long as they arent macros.
Remember to buy the officially endorsed GW2 Steel Series Keyboard, it supports macros!
WvW, we only care if it affects the servers we play on.

in WvW

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

As said PvEers beware, if you go around flashing your legendary, WvWers will stomp you with their exotics

But I always flash my legendary in wvw by shoving it down my opponents’ throats!

in WvW

Posted by: stoat.4257

stoat.4257

No matter how bad it is I think there will be a lot of wvwers while the living world stuff is going on.

After that I suspect it will be a ghost map, but maybe I will be pleasantly surprised.

Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in WvW

Posted by: Empyre.2531

Empyre.2531

How I understood it is that you queue for “blue”, “red” or “green” (depending on your current color in wvw) EotM which means if high demand you might get in a different EotM instance then your guild.

[RG]

in WvW

Posted by: nomdeplums.5780

nomdeplums.5780

I’m asking because the projected teams have SoR, Mag, and FA all on the same color; all servers that are “about the fights” and don’t care overly much about PPT. If they come out in force, it’s going to be a one-sided bloodbath and will be the most hated patch in the history of MMOs.

My body is ready.

in WvW

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

this could be fun.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

in WvW

Posted by: Gamgee.8612

Gamgee.8612

I’m really hoping for the same confusion that was in the beginning of WvW where nobody knew exactly what to do. Probably a long shot but it was fun.

N I M S – Warrior of Judge Legends[JDGE]

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

After that I suspect it will be a ghost map, but maybe I will be pleasantly surprised.

I would rate this very unlikely, all server together will likely fill at least 1-2 maps. And if your server is in a very uneven WvW-match, why get stomped in WvW, when you can play a series of balanced matches in EotM?

So I guess several imbalanced WvW-matches will be even more imbalanced with EotM, as the weaker sides now got an alternative to play and will stay away from WvW for the rest of the match after it become obvious that it is lost.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in WvW

Posted by: thaooo.5320

thaooo.5320

Will be checking it out, but already wary of the consequences it’s going to have on the main maps.

Not that I care about PPT of course, just figure the maps are going to be dead or even more karmatrainy (Aside from Stack Gate and Stacked Quarry)

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in all MMOs.
Stop failing at PvE, and fix WvW/SPvP. Thank you.

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Yep, a whole lot of pv door on the main maps…..

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: Usagi.4835

Usagi.4835

But I always flash my legendary in wvw by shoving it down my opponents’ throats!

Mmmm, yeah, shove that Moot down my throat!

Commander Chocolate Teapot | Prettier than you | Forum damsel in distress

in WvW

Posted by: Odies.8017

Odies.8017

How I understood it is that you queue for “blue”, “red” or “green” (depending on your current color in wvw) EotM which means if high demand you might get in a different EotM instance then your guild.

I’d imagine that it will be like overflow maps that you can right click a party member and join their instance in less it’s hard capped.

[MU] Gornok In Victori
Guild Leader
mugw2.enjin.com

in WvW

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

I plan to roam it for a few days for sure. as is with everything we won’t know till we tried it.

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

‘Hardcore’ wvwers will still hop onto the main maps especially for Reset, eventually the novelty will wear off anyway.

I don’t see how this will bring about much difference to the gameplay you see in everyday wvw apart from the Map layout, having to play alongside Servers who are the same colour (which’ll bring about language barriers but everyone knows how to blob right?), PVE objectives, LS while it lasts and without the PPT to worry about; not that many even cares (or has to care) about that anyway.

There will be Roamers, Gankers and Guild Groups, but those tied to their Community are still obligated to support their own Server Community on the main maps. As mentioned it’ll be a place for people to hop into wvw if there’s imbalanced Match-Ups, but we’ll just to wait and see how it affects the Match-Ups.
I predict that most Guilds will prefer the flow and layout of the Borderland Maps, and every other zergling will stick to EB as usual.

Anyway, the time for Speculation is almost over!

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in WvW

Posted by: Bios.1398

Bios.1398

will be full of d/p thieves and pu mesmers

in WvW

Posted by: geist.3980

geist.3980

I encourage everyone to spend some time in the new zone and find the lynch pin areas that the pve players will need to go and camp them. kill the pve players so many times that living story wont return to wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

We won’t be playing EotM seriously. The terrain is garbage and there’s too much siege for that to happen. Instead, the plan is to camp and kill any PvE objectives/players we can find. Hopefully we get another Reddit QQ thread like when the Aetherblade Cache was at the top of the EB JP.

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

Yep…and then peeps will start zerging to stop it.

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

in WvW

Posted by: DivineBeing.2086

DivineBeing.2086

‘Hardcore’ wvwers will still hop onto the main maps especially for Reset, eventually the novelty will wear off anyway.

I don’t see how this will bring about much difference to the gameplay you see in everyday wvw apart from the Map layout, having to play alongside Servers who are the same colour (which’ll bring about language barriers but everyone knows how to blob right?), PVE objectives, LS while it lasts and without the PPT to worry about; not that many even cares (or has to care) about that anyway.

There will be Roamers, Gankers and Guild Groups, but those tied to their Community are still obligated to support their own Server Community on the main maps. As mentioned it’ll be a place for people to hop into wvw if there’s imbalanced Match-Ups, but we’ll just to wait and see how it affects the Match-Ups.
I predict that most Guilds will prefer the layout of the Borderland Maps and every other zergling will stick to EB as usual.

Anyway, the time for Speculation is almost over!

I am hoping they scrap WvW in favor of EoTM honestly.

People wanted a fix for WvW coverage problems? This is your fix.

Blackgate
Lightdivinity – Level 80 Bunker Elementalist
Reshaos – Level 80 Power Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Blackarps.1974

Blackarps.1974

Hardcore players will go where the fights are. If EOTM has other guild groups, expect ones from your server to be there. On the other hand, some of the hardcore guilds care more about winning or PPT than the fights themselves and will stay in the maps where world score matters.

Maguuma Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: sierras.6297

sierras.6297

I’m actually interested in fighting T1 roamers again. I left blackgate about 5 months ago, and now I want to see how the roamers are doing

Oscuro Sombra~lv. 80 Thief|Oscuro Uno~lv. 80 Necro|
Oscuro Tanque~lv. 80 Guardian|
[RaW] Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: bokkieskitten.8023

bokkieskitten.8023

I was hoping it would turn out to be a good place to roam, wrong. Zergs, zergs everywhere.

Her Majesty Lillium Honeybuns, Queen of IoJ[BUNS]
Companion of Starlight Honeybuns.
You stole me, and I stole you.

in WvW

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

Seems like people are only willing to stick to zergs, no matter what environment theyre thrown into. This game design, the one that promotes zerging, and player base,those that only promote zerging, are some of the most terrible in mmo industry.

-Buns

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Yer going to the new map is either 5 man thief squads or strait up zergs of PvE people with all ascended gear, as a roamer think I’ll be sticking to the BL or EB depending on time zone.

Oh and the lag is horrids right now too :/

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

will be full of d/p thieves and pu mesmers

And “fear Me” warriors with a terrormancer friend

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

Posted by: Kigera.9584

Kigera.9584

So many walking lootbags in EoTM right now. Honestly, I’m seeing nothing but uplevels and zerkers. People are already qqing in map chat about people killing them.

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

New shinie. Get it while it’s fresh and hot

in WvW

Posted by: zen.6091

zen.6091

The configuration of the map is not good at all for roaming because of how choked up most of the routes are. Obviously the the bridge and cliff heavy design will make it great for players that enjoy trolling with heavy cc, but that is hardly a game format.

Intelligent players that participated in the beta warned us that it was too conductive to map blobbing, and that appears to already be exactly what it is. I guess that could be a good thing if it becomes the go to map for k-trains, but if it drains more players out of regular wvw, it could be the end of it on low tiers. Guess we’ll find out what, if any effects it will have on higher tiers.

(edited by zen.6091)