EotM matchups?

EotM matchups?

in WvW

Posted by: Grym.4295

Grym.4295

Seriously? 1 and 2 versus 3 and 4 versus 5 and 6? Have you never played playground sports?

1 and 6 versus 2 and 5 versus 3 and 4 would be the logical solution. Even that won’t work because of the pay-to-win bandwagon blob… but at least the two losing sides are equally screwed and can compete with one another for the win.

You can’t win if you can’t lose.

Cheers

The slave dreams not of freedom, but of becoming the master.

EotM matchups?

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

What are you going on about?

I would simply love for you to share you so called “pay to win” theory.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

EotM matchups?

in WvW

Grym.4295

You must be part of the blob. The only players clueless to the effects are the ones doing it. SFR… or the NA version?

It works like this: when we’re teamed with SFR I earn about double the karma and XP that I do when we’re constantly interrupted by SFR. Joining SFR costs money. Pay to transfer = earn more karma, XP, and loot = pay to win. It’s not a tough concept. Hope that helped.

EotM matchups?

in WvW

coglin.1867

I transferred once from tier 1 down to tier 2. When I transferred, I simply used my gold I had to do so. I am sorry, but you do not know what pay to win means, it is not a tough concept.

I am sorry you are upset that some folks transferred servers and you feel the change hurt your experience.

EotM matchups?

in WvW

Grym.4295

It is pay to win… and apparently a tougher concept than I thought. Is there anyone there who can help you?

EotM matchups?

in WvW

Posted by: lightson.2310

lightson.2310

its only pay to win if you pay real money and since you can transfer for in game gold its not really pay to win.

Its like complaining your aren’t doing dps or living in a blob because you have rare gear instead of Exotic/ascended. your not paying to win, just using in game gold to get better gear.

Sven – Ele
[Re][Crng][vE]
https://www.youtube.com/c/SvenGw2

EotM matchups?

in WvW

Grym.4295

Be honest. Do you think the majority of players in the bandwagon blob had the hundreds of gold needed to transfer? Think of the skill level… or lack thereof. My sense is most are newer/younger players spending mom and dad’s money. Real world money.

Imho it’s pay to win… and it’s messing up a feature that might have been… potentially… cool. Both WvW and EotM suffer from server/team imbalances… and the ability to transfer to the blob, however you pay for it, is a large part of the problem.

Balanced WvW and EotM could be SO cool. Yeah, probably won’t happen… but one can dream

EotM matchups?

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

After 1 year of ignorance by ANet it’s broken and dead.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

EotM matchups?

in WvW

Posted by: Brewergamer.8357

Brewergamer.8357

I think WvW should have megaserver technology like EOTM so it can stay populated, WvW maps are dead as of now.

EotM matchups?

in WvW

coglin.1867

Be honest. Do you think the majority of players in the bandwagon blob had the hundreds of gold needed to transfer?

My guild moved 250 members from JQ to YB and and to be totally honest, we absolutely moved every single player with gold we already had in game. We wanted to break away from the tier 1 for a while and have some tier 2 fun. We are fairly happy with the move. We all had some friends in a SEA guild that played with us often in late nights/early mornings. They moved 100 members with gold they already had in game then we all pitched in to move the remaining 100-150 with gold to transfer.

So to be honest, as you asked, yes. You can make a weak attempt to call us “bandwagon blob” all you like. It doesn’t make you any less wrong.

A trained, one armed monkey, can earn enough gold to transfer in no time.

Think of the skill level… or lack thereof. My sense is most are newer/younger players spending mom and dad’s money. Real world money.

My guild has 100+ player over 30, and 100+ over 40. Several in their 50s and 60s, and a small handful in their 20s.

So we see how well we can trust “your sense”…..or to quote you, “lack their of”.

Imho it’s pay to win… and it’s messing up a feature that might have been… potentially… cool. Both WvW and EotM suffer from server/team imbalances… and the ability to transfer to the blob, however you pay for it, is a large part of the problem.

You do understand that you can claim something as your opinion all you like. It does not detract from the fact that it is factually false in your claims of pay to win.

Balanced WvW and EotM could be SO cool. Yeah, probably won’t happen… but one can dream

Define “balance” in terms of WvW in this case if you would.

EotM matchups?

in WvW

Grym.4295

I think WvW should have megaserver technology like EOTM so it can stay populated, WvW maps are dead as of now.

Not sure how that would work, but I agree we need a dramatic change. Megaserver WvW just may be the answer…

EotM matchups?

in WvW

Posted by: godofcows.2451

godofcows.2451

don’t go there. part of what makes wvw different from eotm is the community of each server. merge all you want as long as at the end of the day there’s a server banner to raise and rally. your title is eotm. stick with it.

the kind of megaserver that you are dreaming is not the one currently present in eotm. the one present in eotm is dependent on server rankings and at the end, who stacks up the most population. the one you are after should be free from this and totally segregated on the fly by a server. but never implement this on wvw. we like having a cause.

(edited by godofcows.2451)