EotM promoting stacking a server.

in WvW

Posted by: taikerr.6205

taikerr.6205

So now, you can stack a server to a point where you can, not only full queue all maps, but also go into EotM map to win 400 more supply for your home borderland. I’ll give you that ‘maybe’ 400 supply may not seem a lot, but that’s 4 Alpha Golems that can do a lot of damage that likely that server is already doing well in the first place.

How was this a good idea to promote server population equality? I remember distinctly that one of the coming goals is to try and equalize server population.

Why should I stay in lower servers if stacking onto a winning server has no consequence.

I am pretty sure someone has made a similar post, and I don’t post here often, but this is worth repeating.

I don’t know, maybe I could be wrong and this does not tip the scale further.
Thank you for your time on reading my diatribe.

in WvW

Posted by: Comprissent.3856

Comprissent.3856

400 supply every 3+ hours will make absolutely no change to matchups

GM – [Ark]ham

in WvW

Posted by: KOK.2650

KOK.2650

Quote:“How was this a good idea to promote server population equality? I remember distinctly that one of the coming goals is to try and equalize server population.”

Strange. From what I remember , the goals is to ensure stacked server has something to do while waiting in queue.

Kok -lvl 80 warrior Tsukoyu-lvl 80 elementalist
Ayumu-lvl 80 Necromancer
Tsu-lvl 80 thief

in WvW

Posted by: Virtute.8251

Virtute.8251

It can be more or less than 400 supply, if the ready up stream was correct. The supply drop is supposed to be 40 successful interactions, meaning that any player with the supply carry wvw rank bonus will get their additional supply. A player with 9 supply and a capacity of 10 will get 1. In both cases, 1 interaction is consumed on the drop location.

I agree. This does relieve some of the main pressure that would have caused people to switch servers. People will still move for social reasons.

Legendary PvF Keep Lord Anvu Pansu Senpai
RvR isn’t “endgame”, it’s the only game. Cu in CU.

in WvW

Posted by: Grav.3568

Grav.3568

Quote:“How was this a good idea to promote server population equality? I remember distinctly that one of the coming goals is to try and equalize server population.”

Strange. From what I remember , the goals is to ensure stacked server has something to do while waiting in queue.

Which effectively removes the only reason people had left to transfer down.

RIP WvW.

in WvW

Virtute.8251

RIP WvW.

Eh. Make your server a good place to be, and people will stay, then people will come in from others. You don’t really want the types of players that transfer up just to be in the bigger pond, anyway.

in WvW

Posted by: Renny.6571

Renny.6571

Overgrowth server is stacked!

Attachments:

elite specs ruined pvp.

in WvW

Virtute.8251

Overgrowth, y u so blob?! L2P BROS! Line up, square off, and come at me with equal numbers!

in WvW

Posted by: Grav.3568

Grav.3568

Make your server the biggest, and people will stay, then people will come in from others.

FYP.

in WvW

Virtute.8251

Make your server the biggest, and people will stay, then people will come in from others.

FYP.

Nah. I’ve been on all sides of this one. A bit less doom and gloom would do you well.

Many people want the big city, some prefer the small town. Nearly everyone really just wants a nice place to live.

in WvW

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

In a way it does promote stacking, because if you don’t want to do EoTM, and you want to focus on Mist War, then you would want to be on a server that actually does that.

EoTM surely does kill regular WvW, but I did notice that some people are still out in the old WvW BLs fighting, and our EB had a queue most the night.

The question will be, what servers would you stack on? We don’t know how EoTM affected the top 3, so maybe there are other servers that actually are better for WvW now.

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Most of that is SoR, fancy that.

The question will be, what servers would you stack on? We don’t know how EoTM affected the top 3, so maybe there are other servers that actually are better for WvW now.

BG generally agrees that EoTM is a boring place, despite it being a beautiful map. Not much reason to be there except to pug blob/karma train

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Virtute.8251

Didn’t mean to argue against EoTM promoting stacking. It does, unquestionably, but indirectly. After that tacit admission, the argument really comes down to whether or not you consider stacking to be an inherently bad thing.

EoTM doesn’t kill regular WvW. It changes it. EoTM is a new factor to the total equation. It’s not going to destroy normal WvW. It also will not be the last major revision of WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: DivineBeing.2086

DivineBeing.2086

Didn’t mean to argue against EoTM promoting stacking. It does, unquestionably, but indirectly. After that tacit admission, the argument really comes down to whether or not you consider stacking to be an inherently bad thing.

EoTM doesn’t kill regular WvW. It changes it. EoTM is a new factor to the total equation. It’s not going to destroy normal WvW. It also will not be the last major revision of WvW.

I was hoping it would kill WvW to be honest.

The best match up for me is when all three servers have 24/7 queues. That will only happen if we get the massive PvE population some how involved in WvW. EoTM does that with the big boss fights. PvE players will support the WvW players by doing what they do best, pveing.

Blackgate
Lightdivinity – Level 80 Bunker Elementalist
Reshaos – Level 80 Power Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: bob.8632

bob.8632

IDT Anet really cares about population disparity as much as people think they do….They have an agenda of what they think is “important” and you see it with every patch/release.

If anything moving forward, what you will see to balance matches (IMO) is some sort of PPT adjustment to acknowledge coverage disparity.

There will be no great penalty to punish: Stacking servers, zerging, recruiting, transferring, etc.

in WvW

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

the reason to transfer down is for better roaming.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: bob.8632

bob.8632

the reason to transfer down is for better roaming.

Transfer down from what is the question???

Tier 1 – Tier 4, sure. T4-T7? Nope, unless you like seeing 1 map blob and 2-3 people every hr. (assuming you don’t “roam” on EBG)

(edited by bob.8632)

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Lol, I see GC stacked in the back. We went to EOTM looking for fights, got some good ones, but did a lot of rolling over enemies. Eventually the enemies ran thin and it turned into the best karma/loot train around. Needless to say it got boring fast once we played with all the toys, so everything dispersed after that. And since WvW is is a worse state with all its players in EOTM, people logged to play other games.

The alternative play option, I found, was to join and rally on the nearest pug commander on the map. These disorganized rabbles lacking communication were nothing but walking loot bags in any tough fight. I love seeing that extra population running around, but when it’s made up of lower tier (and I use this word definitively, not as a put down) scrubs, the competitive fun ‘playing to win’ aspect goes way down. The game just becomes frustrating following such commanders and associated militia. It’s no wonder things don’t just turn into karma training, and these groups of players start avoiding fights.

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

In a way it does promote stacking, because if you don’t want to do EoTM, and you want to focus on Mist War, then you would want to be on a server that actually does that.

EoTM surely does kill regular WvW, but I did notice that some people are still out in the old WvW BLs fighting, and our EB had a queue most the night.

As of last night:
SoR abandoned WvW for EOTM. Having said that, I’m oceanic and there’s really only one oceanic guild left. So without their presence there’s nothing to rally on, and the BL’s all get capped.
JQ held very little and they’re stronger than BG at the same time. I assume they were busy in EOTM too. As I understand it it’s very much like them to swarm new features. Nothing wrong with that.
BG was out in force playing by themselves, holding the high PPT. Understandable since we’re all creatures of pleasure, and this is the only thing that gets BG off. We did go to the BL’s knowing BG had a presence there, but even though we had inferior numbers they refused to engage us. We held a single paper tower, and instead of fighting they retreated from every advance and instead built a gari treb to treb into our tower…..

Yeah, if there’s no PvP to be had in PvP, there’s no reason to play. So that’s tier 1 in a nutshell.

in WvW

Posted by: SniffyCube.6107

SniffyCube.6107

you obviously havent seen the lower tiers

The Black Tides
[TBT]
Èl Cid

in WvW

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

As of last night:
SoR abandoned WvW for EOTM. Having said that, I’m oceanic and there’s really only one oceanic guild left. So without their presence there’s nothing to rally on, and the BL’s all get capped.
JQ held very little and they’re stronger than BG at the same time. I assume they were busy in EOTM too. As I understand it it’s very much like them to swarm new features. Nothing wrong with that.
BG was out in force playing by themselves, holding the high PPT. Understandable since we’re all creatures of pleasure, and this is the only thing that gets BG off. We did go to the BL’s knowing BG had a presence there, but even though we had inferior numbers they refused to engage us. We held a single paper tower, and instead of fighting they retreated from every advance and instead built a gari treb to treb into our tower…..

Yeah, if there’s no PvP to be had in PvP, there’s no reason to play. So that’s tier 1 in a nutshell.

Well, that doesn’t sound like much fun. Once my guild leader logged, I left EoTM (and so did some of the guild I am in) and we went back to the BLs. I was shocked that we actually were doing well during primetime since most of our server seems to be in EoTM.

Good map, but needs incentive…needs a reason to be there, other than bag farming. I guess I am old fashioned, and I don’t really care about getting a crap load of worthless items all the time.

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

So now, you can stack a server to a point where you can, not only full queue all maps, but also go into EotM map to win 400 more supply for your home borderland. I’ll give you that ‘maybe’ 400 supply may not seem a lot, but that’s 4 Alpha Golems that can do a lot of damage that likely that server is already doing well in the first place.

How was this a good idea to promote server population equality? I remember distinctly that one of the coming goals is to try and equalize server population.

Why should I stay in lower servers if stacking onto a winning server has no consequence.

I am pretty sure someone has made a similar post, and I don’t post here often, but this is worth repeating.

I don’t know, maybe I could be wrong and this does not tip the scale further.
Thank you for your time on reading my diatribe.

It wasn’t a good idea. Honestly, if you remain on a low tier server you are just torturing yourself. You are very dedicated and are caught in a never ending cycle of trying to recruit and get PVE players into WvW and all for nothing as they will just get poached by higher tiers anyways.

You have 3 choices:

1. Quit WvW and/or the game entirely
2. Accept it, do nothing, remain “as is” concentrate more on yourself instead of wasting time and effort on all that recruitment crap.
3. Transfer.

I transferred as my last straw before quitting the game entirely. I miss my community and friends I have made, but it is better then seeing all my efforts go to waste due to upper tier poachers or playing on a completely demoralized server week after week, month after month, knowing that you can never advance due to something as idiotic as the coverage gap.

It is my hope that ALL people will just entirely abandon all T6 and lower servers and the WvW maps will be completely devoid of any players to the point where A-Net finally does something about this problem, or the game migrates to a non-coverage, non-PPT game mode such as EOTM, but permamently and old maps are shut down.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in WvW

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

The best thing about EotM, is that BG can JQ can fight amonst themselves.

I don’t have to deal with two overstack servers, I can go into the EotM and have fun, while BG and JQ can fight each other.

In a way, with no competition it might actually give BG an incentive to destack, since the people that enjoy WvW can go do EoTM and completely avoid WvW proper and the overstack BG and JQ (relative to SoR), will soon realize having no one to fight against isn’t that fun. (I doubt it will change, but at least I can have my fun on EoTM).

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.