EotM vs 'Real' WvW

EotM vs 'Real' WvW

in WvW

Posted by: STIHL.2489

STIHL.2489

This is test post only because thread shows up empty for me.

I had a similar problem, seems to be working now.

There are two kinds of gamers, salty, and extra salty

EotM vs 'Real' WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

To the people that say we could close all the other forms of WvW and just do EotM.

You know, we could. And it would be the Stuff of Legend.

Every WvW Fight Guild, and anyone and everyone who is just looking to kill, will suddenly arrive in EotM, ready to slaughter indiscriminately anyone not of their team, taking I would imagine heightened levels of glee to crush under their boot any Quasi-PvE player, Up-tick, or Anyone Looking to K-Train. The bodies would litter the fields like rivers across the map.

All the Bunker and Turtle players would Siege up the Fortifications to insane levels, the likes that people that only played EotM have never seen, nor could even fathom could exist.

8 Tiers of some some of the hardest hardcore core WvW players will suddenly move to EotM, filled with vitriol and embitterment, looking to make sure that every up-level, or quasi-pve player pays a dear price for their lost beloved ‘real’ WvW experience.

The hate and salt would be so thick we would be able to repair walls with it.

Oh I would vote for that change, just to see pure pandemonium that would cause.

To me this sounds more like a promises, than a threat.

Go go, this can be done, even before wvw is shutdown

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

EotM vs 'Real' WvW

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

I think blaming Edge of the Mist as a major contributing factor to the decline of World vs. World is short sited at best. There has been a lot more that has gone into killing this game mode than just Edge of the Mist.

It was certainly a contributing factor, but of course not the only one. Constant neglect, lack of communications, lack of fixes/updates etc, and general boredom and staleness that resulted all contributed. What eotm did was keep a lot of players from coming back to wvw, they could be casual, semi casual, pugs, whatever term you want to use. Instead of just having wvw to try out and maybe get used to and actually like it, they instead went to eotm to farm exp, karma, rewards, asc mats etc because it was a lot easier and faster. Rewards are a big part of driving people towards trying something, and while there is no guarantee that anyone will stick around, it was important that there were opportunities for people to try out something they never thought about.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

EotM vs 'Real' WvW

in WvW

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

I agree more or less. I think Edge of the Mist could have been implemented better and with more consideration for the World vs. World population.

The ONLY reason for EotM to be in the game would be major queues in every map for every server. As it stands now, we don’t have queues anywhere so it basically keeps draining last remaining players away from WvW, being easy and lazy way out of fighting larger enemy zerg or recapping objectives. The overall population of WvW players have decreased too much from the early days when EotM was added, it has become part of problem by now.

EotM vs 'Real' WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

You know, it’s kinda funny. EotM has balance and none of the problems that EB and the Desert BLs have.

We could get rid of those and just make EotM the main WvW and we’d solve everything.

In which way is EotM balanced? (honest question)

Rotating servers takes care of population and there’s no tactics (at least I dont think they’re there, Ive never seen them used)

And how is that related to wvw? Why would we want this to be the new wvw?

EotM is the most unballanced game mode there is. You just get thrown in to a map with people you have no clue who they are running with a tag you know nothing about together with 500 upscaled pve players or farmers avoiding fights. You my dear need to understand what it is we want in wvw, and it is not what there is in EotM. Adding teams/alliances/whateveryouwanttocallit will blead out the last of the wvw players and the game mode will die and probably become what EotM is today after a while.

EotM vs 'Real' WvW

in WvW

Posted by: hypehype.9047

hypehype.9047

So what are you suggesting?

Do you really think getting rid of EOTM is going to make people play WvW?

WvW were guilds self proclaim the yellow tag as a guild only tag and wont let others follow them even though it is supposed to be a server vs server and you should all be working together. Commanders with video game pride that wont use siege or dragon banners to fight so that they can post their kitten on forums how they beat x commander with no siege, commanders/players kittening how you suck or demanding you play a certain class or have the ‘meta gear/skills’, elitist on ts that laugh just because a warrior is using the wrong skill or someone is playing an archer (before HOT expanson).

WvW has a toxic player base, getting rid of EOTM wont make people come play WvW it will just stop people playing altogther.

EotM vs 'Real' WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

EotM is more fun.

I’ve got all WvW masteries, and EotM isn’t a good source of karma or anything really rewarding. It’s just more fun than the borderlands or EB.

I get more fights there, and since its popularity spiked with the disaster that was the new Borderland it’s also been far more balanced.
I can jump in and out whenever i want, anyone can including the people on underpopulated servers.

Not that ive been on the borderlands for a while, but WvW is more of a pvdoor-fest since i left it than EotM was. But some idiots seem to believe that if we just take away EotM or destroy it for all intents and purposes, people will just flock back to “real” WvW. Which will become great again. Which of course it won’t.