Eotm-Invisible "Hacker" kill my zerg

in WvW

Posted by: Varonos.9128

Varonos.9128

someone find one way to break eotm.He kill and finish a lot low-level players. please check it

in WvW

Posted by: Vooriden.3927

Vooriden.3927

I can confirm that, invisible thief and necro ruined the whole match, no way playing with them in the map, can’t even know their names or with team are they. this is becoming ridiculous, 3 weeks having theses problems in eotm

in WvW

Posted by: Dasefex.4810

Dasefex.4810

Lol just lol I wish I could of seen it

Fishy Joes 80 necro wvw
Digital Sacrifice Guild

in WvW

Posted by: Genlog.4983

Genlog.4983

if you have any cam recording program like FRAPS ore Bandycam
make a video of those players and send it to Anet

they will look into it
i dunno if that’s possible with enemy players is to get there account name and the 4 numbered code behind there name ??

will be easy for Anet to track them

in WvW

Posted by: Sich.7103

Sich.7103

We see this on one of our MU. Ennemy necro, killing guards and siege inside keep. Impossible to target, nothing in the log combat. The guy must be under the map.

in WvW

Posted by: Genlog.4983

Genlog.4983

then your only hope is that if some1 from Anet can look into that map
undetected

and hope he can find him

in WvW

Posted by: globe.7238

globe.7238

For your viewing pleasure

Imminent Demise » [iD] « Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Yeah that’s bad.

Send video to exploits@anet.com. Give them date and time.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

WTH are you duke nukem?

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: choban.9027

choban.9027

Same thing was happening a year ago when we were fighting one specific server, but it was thief-ele duo. Not sure if they got bored or anet did something to get rid of them. But I stopped playing WvW during that time because that was so frustrating…

in WvW

Posted by: Puppet.8139

Puppet.8139

This is happening again. Time 4:24 a.m. server and it happened in our keep about 5? minutes ago. That rough time stamp should be able to see something.. EU team blue got wiped. Then 60 seconds later they were INSIDE our closed keep and killed everyone again. There is a mesmer and a thief from the looks of it. Completely invisible and speed hacking to move across the map that fast. Combat log shows taking no damage, so can’t see names there either. This needs to be stopped. Can’t report them because we cannot see them. I hope the time stamp helps.

EDIT: Just happened again 4:40 server time. I watched them wipe a green zerg coming to our keep (Blue) and then they killed us too. So they are a current red server. Doubt that helps anything though

(edited by Puppet.8139)

in WvW

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

This is happening again. Time 4:24 a.m. server and it happened in our keep about 5? minutes ago. That rough time stamp should be able to see something.. EU team blue got wiped. Then 60 seconds later they were INSIDE our closed keep and killed everyone again. There is a mesmer and a thief from the looks of it. Completely invisible and speed hacking to move across the map that fast. Combat log shows taking no damage, so can’t see names there either. This needs to be stopped. Can’t report them because we cannot see them. I hope the time stamp helps.

thing is… there are multiple EotM maps, so that would give them no help at all.

All I could think of is sending GM proheals an in game mail, but given time I’d guess other GM’s would actually be looking at EU at that time. However, perhaps could get further advice how to report those we can’t click on to report. Only other option I can think of is to do /ip in game on that map when it occurs, and give them the ip and server time, and state what map (Edge of the Mists if that is where it’s happening) and anything specific, like can’t see them, but it appears to be a thief, and possibly another, in suchandsuch keep etc.

in WvW

Puppet.8139

This late at night. Pretty sure there is only 1 EoTM map. Worse case there is 2 or 3. But hitting that time stamp and looking in Blue keep for 3 at that time, will not take long. They can hopefully figure it out from there. I would not see why they can’t see what EoTM map I am in from my account… The PvP admins can do it for looking at matches with a time stamp and account.

(edited by Puppet.8139)

in WvW

Lunacy Solacio.6514

This late at night. Pretty sure there is only 1 EoTM map. Worse case there is 2 or 3. But hitting that time stamp and looking in Blue keep for 3 at that time, will not take long. They can hopefully figure it out from there. I would not see why they can’t see what EoTM map I am in from my account… The PvP admins can do it for looking at matches with a time stamp and account.

Idea is to simplify the effort, and give them as much information as possible to make it easier on them. I’d be shocked if there was only 2 eotm maps no matter the time.

in WvW

Posted by: MightyMicah.7451

MightyMicah.7451

What a loser! The people who do stuff like this seriously need lives.

This is that new sound. Ya’ll ain’t ready.

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

1. Record record record record record. I cannot stress this enough. If you know something fishy is going on make sure you’re recording the game footage.
2. Make sure it shows full combat log what’kittenting you etc.. If it shows nothing yet you’re taking big hits out of no where then yeah that’s definitely wrong
3. To find out what map instance of EOTM you are in type /ip (it generally ends in .165:0 or whatever; it’s a handful of numbers)

So now you have some form of evidence, the map you were in and the combat log on what is or isn’t hitting you.

Hope that helps.

in WvW

Puppet.8139

I understand what you are saying, but I did not know about the ip thing for the server. All the admin has to do is use my account and the timestamp and it will show them what map I was in. It’s not hard for them. My account data is saved to the specific map during that time stamp. People in PvP threads do it all the time, give a timestamp and the admin can see every detail of the match. Your data is saved and recorded everywhere you are. As I stated before, there is no combat log. Anyone there can attest to that. All you see is the healing you are given to yourself. I even threw out AOE condies and it doesn’t show up as hitting anyone. The combat log is completely empty or we wouldn’t be here. If it showed a name, we would have been able to report them the easy way.

in WvW

Posted by: yanoch.7051

yanoch.7051

Would it be worth it to report it as a bug. I would guess Anet would receive a log of the time, map, location?

Heiann – NSP

in WvW

Lunacy Solacio.6514

I understand what you are saying, but I did not know about the ip thing for the server. All the admin has to do is use my account and the timestamp and it will show them what map I was in. It’s not hard for them. My account data is saved to the specific map during that time stamp. People in PvP threads do it all the time, give a timestamp and the admin can see every detail of the match. Your data is saved and recorded everywhere you are. As I stated before, there is no combat log. Anyone there can attest to that. All you see is the healing you are given to yourself. I even threw out AOE condies and it doesn’t show up as hitting anyone. The combat log is completely empty or we wouldn’t be here. If it showed a name, we would have been able to report them the easy way.

All it would show is, for example: Badlands Squire. That wouldn’t help you report in game at all. Did you double check your combat log settings? I know that mine changed recently and I had to reset it, although in my case it turned everything on and I hate seeing the healing in the log. It won’t show you hitting someone in stealth and therefore I assume someone invisible in this way. It may be that the ground itself is protecting them, or that in this state they can’t take damage. Regardless, it should show them hitting you.

I’d imagine the logs for so many people on the same map would be a nightmare to weed through, which is why reporting in game is so useful when you are able to do it as it gives a nice flag pointing right to an area to investigate. They can use recordings to help identify who it is and the actions they’ve done, and with a little corroboration from the logs, act on it. Has been done, but looking through logs like in pvp would most definitely be far more difficult in wvw or eotm, and likely doesn’t (or at least didn’t before) capture in the same way for ease of later viewing. Regardless, the more assistance a GM can get, the better for all to limit the time wasted tied up on one issue when there are so many other things also likely needing investigated and acted on.

in WvW

Posted by: Fixxxer.8321

Fixxxer.8321

I had exactly the same thing happen to me Saturday morning.

Invisible thief in EotM killing the entire zerg, with absolutely 0 damage showing in the combat log.

I managed to record this, a long with bringing up the server IP and sent the evidence to Arenanet, but have yet to hear anything back.

Hopefully Arenanet will acknowledge the problem soon, but in the mean time I will be attempting to collect more evidence to keep sending to them.

in WvW

Puppet.8139

Same I have not heard anything from Anet yet. I know there SHOULD be damage in the combat log, but there is not. I even went in and checked every single box to make sure then went out and died by them again. Nothing. There is another thread here on the subject, https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Invisible-Cheater/first#post5096987 and here https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Hack-in-Eotm EDIT: and here https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Cheater-on-WvW/first#post5096558.

Looks like they are out in force this week. My guess is a group of friends recently acquired their new hack tool and are going crazy with it. I know there is spotted hackers once in a while (usually speed hacking), but this is too frequent and the EXACT same thing across different times. The thief seems to hold true, but the 2nd person seems to be changing from necro > engi > mesmer.

(edited by Puppet.8139)

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

3 weeks is nothing! those who play real wvw had to deal with hackers much worse than that for months!

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: LeX.9526

LeX.9526

welcome to the bugwars2, unfortunate this will not be fixed in the next year or two, why because anet try to deal with this problem since release

someone find one way to break eotm.He kill and finish a lot low-level players. please check it

in WvW

Posted by: Wryscher.1432

Wryscher.1432

I wonder if they do catch him if they will make an video of them throwing an invisible person off a bridge so we can all not see him die.

[Sane]-Order of the Insane Disorder
Melanessa-Necromancer Cymaniel-Scrapper
Minikata-Guardian Shadyne-Elementalist -FA-

in WvW

Posted by: Drulac.7986

Drulac.7986

hi. the same problem this morning in EOTM. Thief and Necro, a finish with the cow finisher and the second was a guild flag with name [HOME] – another hack? or guild name. The IP was 206.127.159.163:0 unfortunately the report function is in the game against hackers deeply flawed.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

hi. the same problem this morning in EOTM. Thief and Necro, a finish with the cow finisher and the second was a guild flag with name [HOME] – another hack? or guild name. The IP was 206.127.159.163:0 unfortunately the report function is in the game against hackers deeply flawed.

Um, how exactly did you get their IP number?

lol, I swear to God this game attracts …. blah, nevermind.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Um, how exactly did you get their IP number?

lol, I swear to God this game attracts …. blah, nevermind.

That’s the IP number of the map he was on when it happened, and by extension, the hackers map IP number since he was the same map with him. You get the map IP number by typing /ip in chat.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

in WvW

Posted by: Venatore.4310

Venatore.4310

Hi guys, I reported this problem few days ago, as regular player and commander in EoTM I’ve seen this 4-5 times and after some time dealing with cheater’(s) tried few things like stealth disruptor trap while whole zerg was on one place on my tag + dealing AoE dmg on our spot, nothing happened people still die. So obviously that cheat prevent them to be hit so they just concentrate on hitting…

I hope Anet takes this matter seriously otherwise very probably will lose players and then not even coolest new skins will help (because there will be no one to buy it). So Anet please make serious effort about this matter and for once don’t just concentrate on cosmetics. Like someone mention before this is old problem if it keeps old, the game itself will become unplayable and worthless.

in WvW

Posted by: Korppi.8452

Korppi.8452

Hackers was encountered again just right now. It is unbelievable that ANET has not done anything to get this guy banned or adapted their code to block this hack. In any other serious MMO this hacker would have been banned right a way but not in GW2.
Not to mention that there are many new players who try out EOTM and what they encounter? Invisible hacker who shows middle finger to whole community and makes ANET look like very bad.

in WvW

Posted by: DarkSyze.8627

DarkSyze.8627

Hackers was encountered again just right now. It is unbelievable that ANET has not done anything to get this guy banned or adapted their code to block this hack. In any other serious MMO this hacker would have been banned right a way but not in GW2.
Not to mention that there are many new players who try out EOTM and what they encounter? Invisible hacker who shows middle finger to whole community and makes ANET look like very bad.

" Solutions To A Problem Can Only Be Found, When You Want To Get Rid Of It "
Ankur

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Oh how I hate cheaters, lowest form of people are ruining fun for others. How miserabele at life can you be?

in WvW

Posted by: Venatore.4310

Venatore.4310

I just encounter same problem now on WvW and now I know that guy (’s) are from Gandara server since we fight them on SFR borderland and same scenario going on…

in WvW

Posted by: BAITness.1083

BAITness.1083

Has ANet gotten better at banning the hackers? I saw their video bragging about catching that hacker, but I have previously seen the ANet tag in WvW while people right next to them were going under walls, and the hacker never seemed to get banned.

Hyade and his flamethrower

in WvW

Posted by: stevelamb.7152

stevelamb.7152

Anet should also ban all the players abusing map mechanic’s and rewards with the disgusting Karma train’s in EotM.

Roaming Mesmer – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

We are scolded in email to “report” here to the forums but when we do, nothing happens.

Why in the world are we being told to come here for if nothing is addressed for weeks at a time?

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in WvW

Posted by: RabidCoqui.1983

RabidCoqui.1983

It’s EotM… who cares? Just respawn and keep going with the brainless karma train.

in WvW

Posted by: Michael Henninger.7451

Michael Henninger.7451

Game Support Lead

Next

Globe, is this your recording? I need to ID the toon taking hits in the capture.

GM Delicious Intent
Twitter: @ANetCSLead
GM Delicious Intent.5928

in WvW

Posted by: globe.7238

globe.7238

Globe, is this your recording? I need to ID the toon taking hits in the capture.

Yes its my character in the video, I sent you an ingame mail about it as well on the day it happened. If you need any more info let me know.

Imminent Demise » [iD] « Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

If I still had me EU account I’d help hunt this kitten down. This player deserves some serious shaming for this. Though I did lol a little bit while watching you get chased down in the video.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

Next time play staff ele then you will bore them to death by never dieing:-)

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

It’s EotM… who cares? Just respawn and keep going with the brainless karma train.

What an ignorant reply this is. Wait till they show up doing this in your match up. Dont think you will stick to this statement.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Chris Cleary

Previous

Chris Cleary

Game Security Lead

BOW DOWN BEFORE THE GOD OF DEATH!

Attachments:

Professor of Bearbow Math @ Tyria State // @Shazbawt // “The Crippler”