Eploration Flag

Eploration Flag

in WvW

Posted by: deathbeforetaxes.9487

deathbeforetaxes.9487

I am currently sitting at 90% World Completion. I invested a certain time & effort into getting there. I do not PvP nor WvW but I have to get to the dregs to complete my goal. Why do the developers find it necessary to go into hostile territory to complete my objective? This is a flawed game mechanic. I was in WvW for about 5 mins. & I got killed. The perp just laughed as I suggested he/she might better off listening to Bach & reading Shakespeare. I also suggested that it was not not in their perogative as a fellow gamer to take such an aggresive approach. I suggest they take their hostile aggressions elsewhere. SOLUTION: anyone who is flagged cannot be killed nor can attack. Otherwise, keep the World Completion purely PVE.

Eploration Flag

in WvW

Posted by: psirca.9452

psirca.9452

I’ll be giving up monthly completion because I don’t want to do dungeons.
If you don’t want to go into pvp then you’ll give that up too.
Choices.

Eploration Flag

in WvW

Posted by: Hrist.8972

Hrist.8972

I listen to Bach and Dvorak while doing WvW, true story.

Hrist Unriht – [Hovi] Unseelie Court – Seafarer’s Rest EU

Eploration Flag

in WvW

Posted by: cold.3946

cold.3946

100% world completion represents that your character has experienced everything across Tyria. It means you’ve not only seen the world, but you’ve completed events and objectives in each map along the way.

It makes sense that since WvW has no hearts, the objective/event you must complete is competing in the WvW battles themselves. If you do this, eventually you will get those few remaining POIs/vistas.

It is certainly the most difficult part to complete solo, but you do have some options. If you don’t care about PvP just transfer to a server that holds the objectives you seek and get them that way. You can transfer back for free again in 7 days.

Your suggestion seems cool at first, but it has big implications for spying in WvW that would be counter to the point.

Keg – 80 Guardian | Mini Keg – 80 Mesmer
Strike Force [SF] Stormbluff Isle
www.strikeforceguild.com

Eploration Flag

in WvW

Posted by: Corran.4957

Corran.4957

Let me get this right. You complaining that you have to go to 4 maps to get a few skills and points of interest.

Do you see pvp focused players coming into all the PvE areas spamming how it is unfair that we have to do dozens of zones, hundreds of hearts/skillpoints/PoI’s etc etc to get world completion when the world to them consists only of the pvp zones?

Could go on and on about things a PvP may not want to do but has to in order to get certain things but that would take a long time to do so

Eploration Flag

in WvW

Posted by: SpaceLord.4590

SpaceLord.4590

Psirca,

Totally agree with your post. I too am not getting the monthly this time as I do not do dungeons.

But that is my choice. I will not ask others to change how they play for what I think.

I also told my guild leader that I was reporting the candy corn nodes in WvW as bugs. Ruining my killing with a holiday, how dare they lol.

Of course I never will get world completion either as PVE bores me to death

Haaaa Key Puck (80) Norn Mesmer (80) Asura Engineer-Protocol [PRO]
Devona’s Rest

(edited by SpaceLord.4590)

Eploration Flag

in WvW

Posted by: OldRodKS.9758

OldRodKS.9758

Follow a zerg group around and you can get 90% of a WvW zone completed without even trying. For the odd points you are missing, just pop in once in a while and see if that area of the map is under your server’s control. It’s really not that hard.

I went into WvW for the first time a little over two weeks ago with the same “OMG, I have to do this to get 100%!” feeling. I ended up loving WvW and have pretty much stayed there now

If getting a repair bill bothers you, do the runs naked. Then it’s just a little time you are out if you get killed.

Playing on Tarnished Coast
Playing a various Stormspire alt – if it’s Stormspire, it’s probably me
Guilds: Elder Prophets [EP], Principality of New Katulus (PiNK)

Eploration Flag

in WvW

Posted by: Columba.9730

Columba.9730

I will miss this monthly too since I hate dungeons. It’s your choice.

only thieves know how to play, they chant “L2P” every time their god mode is challenged.