Eredon Terrace chokehold turns out to be large guild cheating

in WvW

Posted by: SmokeyNYY.7841

SmokeyNYY.7841

No sense of humor, imo…

lol why not save those 14 golems for your next matchup with HoD next week instead of wasting them on griefing people.

in WvW

Posted by: Lofty.8759

Lofty.8759

No sense of humor, imo…

lol why not save those 14 golems for your next matchup with HoD next week instead of wasting them on griefing people.

They’re gona take a break next week. They’re tired after they won this matchup.

They scurrd of HoD.

in WvW

Posted by: Antidentite.2361

Antidentite.2361

so many tears…

RUIN GAMING – Desolation
PvP / WvWvW Focused / 18+
www.RuinNation.com | slash + facepalm

in WvW

Posted by: Lofty.8759

Lofty.8759

so many tears…

I’m from HoD, the excuses from your server are amazing.

Ready to get beat 5 times in a row?

in WvW

Posted by: Jakula.1072

Jakula.1072

This is hardly cheating OP, although I am not sure why people would want to xfer to these servers with the queues they must have.

Jakula – 80 Ranger [Phaxx]
Isles of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: Columba.9730

Columba.9730

Pathetic behavior.

only thieves know how to play, they chant “L2P” every time their god mode is challenged.

in WvW

Posted by: Clownshoes.5463

Clownshoes.5463

Ruin Spy: “Ok guys I have infiltrated enemy lines. They don’t suspect a thing!”

Ruin Guild: " Thats great! Our plan is coming together. Ruin Spy can you tell us anything? Where is the enemy now? Do they have a plan?"

Ruin Spy: “Well they are in their spawn point or at least the one guy that is left in WvW next to me is in his spawn point.” From what I have been able to gather so far, his plan is to go AFK , make something to eat and maybe watch some TV."

Ruin Guild: “Oh. Well I guess we will just keep dancing!”

in WvW

Posted by: Konrad Curze.5130

Konrad Curze.5130

Its Ruin, bro. Their reputation coudnt sink any lower. Its already 6 feet under

in WvW

Posted by: Scribbles.7493

Scribbles.7493

What exactly are they “spying” on? QQ Emotes?

Guilds like Ruin get what this game is all about. All out warfare, and the community drama that inevitably follows it.

Blacktide – [CIR]
Crimson Imperium Reborn

in WvW

Posted by: Pants.8207

Pants.8207

@maximumpanda.5178
I’m fine with your guild actively recruiting. I’m in IoJ and in a large guild (+300), but no more than 10 are on WvW at a time and about 5 show up in vent. The rest of our server is in disarray, people just run about in a zerg.
I could name a handful of players (including myself) on IoJ who come on during Aussie prime time and try their best to focus the zerg, and sometimes we do break your lines, but we have an angry mob, not an army and ultimatley it crumbles.
I can’t blame people for wanting to jump ship and I’m contemplating it too; it’s not that I have a childish need to win, I’d just like to have more structure and strategy. I’d like to play with people who understand warfare tactics, maybe played a strategy game or two or spent some time playing EVE.

Server – Eredon Terrace
Guild – [RUIN]

in WvW

Posted by: Richaye.5293

Richaye.5293

Goes to show how boring WvWvW can be when your server is wrecking EB, anet do something.

in WvW

Posted by: Scribbles.7493

Scribbles.7493

What would you want Anet to do?

They’ve already done what they could. They’ve provided free transfers so people can transfer to a lesser populated server, to reduce queues and make WvW more challenging.

Unfortunately, the community is terrible as usual, and instead of using transfers to get out, people use the transfers to get onto winning servers instead. Compounding the problems.

Don’t blame ANet for terrible people.

Blacktide – [CIR]
Crimson Imperium Reborn

in WvW

Posted by: Richaye.5293

Richaye.5293

Dude I’m sorry, that was a joke.

in WvW

Posted by: Awfeel.4659

Awfeel.4659

Ruin Spy: “Ok guys I have infiltrated enemy lines. They don’t suspect a thing!”

Ruin Guild: " Thats great! Our plan is coming together. Ruin Spy can you tell us anything? Where is the enemy now? Do they have a plan?"

Ruin Spy: “Well they are in their spawn point or at least the one guy that is left in WvW next to me is in his spawn point.” From what I have been able to gather so far, his plan is to go AFK , make something to eat and maybe watch some TV."

Ruin Guild: “Oh. Well I guess we will just keep dancing!”

Lmao. This is exactly it. What is it that they think Ruin gains by spying after the match is already won by ET ?

(edited by Awfeel.4659)

in WvW

Posted by: nubleh.5792

nubleh.5792

Oh wow.

I took those screenshots, and i created the reddit post, but it seems like other people are more upset about it than I am.
(as proof here’s another screenshot never before seen anywhere http://i.imgur.com/c45nM.jpg )

What maximumpanda said is correct. SoS didn’t lose to ET because of spying or sabotage. We’re not that good and our population is heavily imbalanced. Even without free server transfers ET would’ve wiped the floor with us anyway.
Nobody even bothered leaving the spawn from the sides because there were at most 15 of us there at that time and all the nearest supply camps were also heavily camped and defended.

I personally have no problems with RUIN transferring servers to recruit more oceanic/asian players.
Server transfers were made free for a reason, and RUIN noticed their lack of oceanic/asian presence earlier on and took initiative by using their match against us to recruit; that’s pretty clever.
And everything Archaos said in the chat that night was correct. SoS is not a WvW focused server and anyone who’s passionate about it would’ve done better to transfer to ET so they can enjoy WvW more and ET becomes more powerful; it’s win-win.

I don’t have any irrationally loyalty to SoS myself, but guesting isn’t implemented yet and my friends are still here so i couldn’t bring myself to transfer just for WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Kracin.6078

Kracin.6078

Oh wow.

I took those screenshots, and i created the reddit post, but it seems like other people are more upset about it than I am.
(as proof here’s another screenshot never before seen anywhere http://i.imgur.com/c45nM.jpg )

What maximumpanda said is correct. SoS didn’t lose to ET because of spying or sabotage. We’re not that good and our population is heavily imbalanced. Even without free server transfers ET would’ve wiped the floor with us anyway.
Nobody even bothered leaving the spawn from the sides because there were at most 15 of us there at that time and all the nearest supply camps were also heavily camped and defended.

I personally have no problems with RUIN transferring servers to recruit more oceanic/asian players.
Server transfers were made free for a reason, and RUIN noticed their lack of oceanic/asian presence earlier on and took initiative by using their match against us to recruit; that’s pretty clever.
And everything Archaos said in the chat that night was correct. SoS is not a WvW focused server and anyone who’s passionate about it would’ve done better to transfer to ET so they can enjoy WvW more and ET becomes more powerful; it’s win-win.

I don’t have any irrationally loyalty to SoS myself, but guesting isn’t implemented yet and my friends are still here so i couldn’t bring myself to transfer just for WvW.

thank you for helping to clear that up.

we all know how ridiculous the forum posters get when they see a picture and add 1 thousand words they feel go with it regardless of who took it and what is actually happening.

and the transfers don’t just apply to ET. people should transfer to any other server that they feel could use the help.

the top 6 servers could be having a blast if the populations were more balanced. but as it stand, whenever we (ET) get knocked down to the second tier because of our lack of oceanic presence to match the oceanics presence on HoD (yes, its true, HoD has far more oceanics on when we don’t have oceanics on), then we end up steamrolling everyone in tier 2 because there is a huge gap between us and them when it comes to prime time play and oceanic time play.

the sad part of it is, to get to the top tier and stay in the top tier we need to get more oceanics which would make it even more imbalanced for people in the second tier if we get knocked back again.

in WvW

Posted by: Kracin.6078

Kracin.6078

i think another important thing to point out, is that we don’t want to affect the outcome of a match simply by trying to recruit people during the time when the match can be won by anyone in second place or third.

which is why the recruiting only happened when it was mathematically impossible for us to lose, and why it was certainly not happening during the time when the match was going on.

in WvW

Posted by: Dhar.6392

Dhar.6392

It is frustrating to me that more and more often it’s not a three way battle… but two against one. It really sucks to be the ONE, but that’s just the way it works out.

I would appeal to Anet’s wallet though with this argument. The only reason I have purchased additional gems and then to gold to date is to fund the Wv3 effort on my server. I bought some vault space; but the vast majority of my wealth is spent in Wv3… upgrades, siege equipment… even repairs it all adds up.

Now, the more likely it seems that the only way to win is to have an active ‘intelligence’ group that constantly has to spy on other servers to be successful… an activity I don’t care for… the less interest I have in playing Wv3… which means I have almost NO REASON TO BUY GEMS…. and for a F2P game… that’s sucks for Anet.

That’s my two cents. It’ll never be completely gone; but they need to start stomping on those who are blatant and start banning folks- even disbanding Guilds for the practice… or they can do without my cash flow.

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

the only way to solve this is by blocking a person from Guild A which in on Server B but play on another Server C from entering WvW if Server B and Server C are matched up….

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Posted by: fractalKinesis.8569

fractalKinesis.8569

They’ll just hire someone from that server to spy for them, then. It’s how bad players win WvW.

I think anet has enough money (GW2 prints money, I mean, come on) to hire enough GMs to sit one in each WvW battleground and invisibly monitor the situations and listen to the chat. From there, they can give eye-witness reports and take action without any players even knowing they’re there. Orb hackers would be seen, bots would be seen, spies would be found out through reading all the chats (that might take a bit of getting used to, but most can be ignored as fluff)… and spawn campers would probably get instantly killed.

Xiro, High Five Warriors [HFW], Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Scorpio Shirica.1286

Scorpio Shirica.1286

To those that argue spies are a legitimate war tactic, just remember that caught spies in war are easily tortured, made examples of and killed.

in WvW

Posted by: maximumpanda.5178

maximumpanda.5178

wow good job on the necro guys.

i think the last 5 posters missed the part where were werent spying, we were recruiting. why the hell would we send our guild leader with the guild tag and a commander icon to your server to spy -.-

read below as it explains what happened now 2 weeks ago as im too lazy to type this out for the 8th time

Oh wow.

thank you for helping to clear that up.

we all know how ridiculous the forum posters get when they see a picture and add 1 thousand words they feel go with it regardless of who took it and what is actually happening.

and the transfers don’t just apply to ET. people should transfer to any other server that they feel could use the help.

the top 6 servers could be having a blast if the populations were more balanced. but as it stand, whenever we (ET) get knocked down to the second tier because of our lack of oceanic presence to match the oceanics presence on HoD (yes, its true, HoD has far more oceanics on when we don’t have oceanics on), then we end up steamrolling everyone in tier 2 because there is a huge gap between us and them when it comes to prime time play and oceanic time play.

the sad part of it is, to get to the top tier and stay in the top tier we need to get more oceanics which would make it even more imbalanced for people in the second tier if we get knocked back again.

i think another important thing to point out, is that we don’t want to affect the outcome of a match simply by trying to recruit people during the time when the match can be won by anyone in second place or third.

which is why the recruiting only happened when it was mathematically impossible for us to lose, and why it was certainly not happening during the time when the match was going on.

Maximumpanda – Director of – Ruin Gaming [Ruin]
Desolation [DESO]

(edited by maximumpanda.5178)

in WvW

Posted by: DrFunk.7680

DrFunk.7680

you do realize that person is standing in the invulnerable zone..
So if your argument is that they didn’t attack him,.. well, try standing
there in game and see what happens.
I do it any time we are losing, they try desperately to kill you for a while,
but then give up and just stand there, dancing, sleeping or crying.

It may very well be that they have spies there, but this picture doesn’t show it.