Eternal Battlegrounds jumping puzzle griefing.

in WvW

Posted by: Griffon.4716

Griffon.4716

People complaining about something that is as easy as 1 boon to beat. Here is a hint guys… RETALIATION.

For those of you that are challenged:

1. Get a guardian or someone else that can reliably buff retaliation.
2. Have them cast it.
3. Stand in arrow cart fire.
4. ??
5. Profit!

Instead of coming here and crying about how you are getting griefed, think of ways to beat it.

I did a jump puzzle on my servers homeland (2 keys one) and there were 2 players from a server camping it so you couldn’t make the jumps, much like you are saying. Instead of quit, I equipped sword (im a warrior) and savage leaped across while they were firing on someone else. They never saw me coming from behind them as I rifle butted and “fear me”d them off the edge. Nothing felt more satisfying, and if you would have thought about your situation instead of come here to complain you could have had that same feeling.

Also, whenever you beat griefers, remember that /sit spam!

in WvW

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

People complaining about something that is as easy as 1 boon to beat. Here is a hint guys… RETALIATION.

2. Have them cast it.
4. ??
5. Profit!

Instead of coming here and crying about how you are getting griefed, think of ways to beat it.

I did a jump puzzle on my servers homeland (2 keys one) and there were 2 players from a server camping it so you couldn’t make the jumps, much like you are saying. Instead of quit, I equipped sword (im a warrior) and savage leaped across while they were firing on someone else. They never saw me coming from behind them as I rifle butted and “fear me”d them off the edge. Nothing felt more satisfying, and if you would have thought about your situation instead of come here to complain you could have had that same feeling.

Great idea!

…Wait what’s that? A-net is going to fix so that retaliation doesn’t work on siege no more? Better luck next time!

in WvW

Posted by: Wurps.3264

Wurps.3264

2. Have them cast it.
4. ??
5. Profit!

Great idea!

…Wait what’s that? A-net is going to fix so that retaliation doesn’t work on siege no more? Better luck next time!

Is it confirmed that retaliation is being fixed to not work on siege? I personally found it silly a guardian could kill my arrow carts by being hit by them.

in WvW

Posted by: Griffon.4716

Griffon.4716

Doesn’t matter if its going to be fixed soon, it isn’t yet so it is still a viable strategy to defeat this kind of tactic.

in WvW

Azure Prower.8701

Don’t really care about the present. I care about when this becomes an even bigger problem in the future.

in WvW

Wurps.3264

Don’t really care about the present. I care about when this becomes an even bigger problem in the future.

Yeah, I agree with this.

All 3 of my arrow carts died to just one guy, what if it catches on? What if people have groups of tanky guardians that all stack up retaliation and intentionally stand in arrow cart fire?

in WvW

Posted by: nallez.6419

nallez.6419

Retaliation should be fixed.

If they remove siege weapons from jumping puzzle, soon there is another group of kids whining about fe. Warriors fearing them to the start just before they get to the chest (Doable, did this myself twice. Funny as hell.).

It´s a PvP area, where killing and/or obstructing enemy progression is allowed.

Go back to the carebearworld, if you can´t handle some enemies trying to kill you.

I´ve died about 20 times in the jump puzzle. If I can see that there is no possibility for me to do the puzzle at this moment, I will just go do some old-fashion zerging at the WvWvW and try it again in a coupe of hours.

You can´t be any geek of the street.
You gotta be handy with the steel if you know what I mean. Earn your keep.

in WvW

Posted by: Sharpclaw.7510

Sharpclaw.7510

I’m torn about the issue. I’m not sure if siege should be allowed for those areas. There was an instance where Sanctum of Rall camped out the the Mistwrought Vault area with two arrow carts. You have to make a long, HP draining leap to that area to begin with. It seemed excessive.

Eventually, I managed to use a lot of stealth to get in there and destroy everything. Which, some would say, makes it a non-issue. PvP problem solved through being smart in how I was PvPing. But the ability to deploy siege in these areas is something I’m not too sure about.

There’s already ways to defend those areas without having carts or whatever there so I’m 50/50 on this. Plus, if you’re really crafty, you can potentially solve the problem. But in this case, the siege was generally unreachable and in a place where trying to reach it meant taking a leap that brought your health to about 1/3rd. It seemed excessive. Sure, outsmarting those suckers was great but….meh..

in WvW

Posted by: JudgeHolden.4023

JudgeHolden.4023

Thanks dude … I’m going to have to try this now! LMAO!

in WvW

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

I think I have a simple solution: Remove that jumping puzzle. There are a lot of other jumping puzzles which should be enough. And I can agree with having to play WvW to get a legendary because it can be used in both PvE and WvW and should take you to play everything of the game not only PvE. And this requires badges and World Completion.

The WvW you can easily do by running with the zerg and trying to get some kills if you are lucky and not forget about the drop. And checking the pois and vistas while you are holding the stuff… if not possible to cap wait until you start at another area of the map next match(now you have to wait weeks not days but still possible).

But I can’t see why they would put a jumping puzzle there. Never tried it so far… still going for world completion only at the moment and don’t care that much about the puzzles. But it is only for the achievement right? I heard about being siege blueprints in that chest but they could be awarded in some other way maybe as rare drops from killing players or making some siege engineer neutral base with uber strong npcs enginer mobs that could have a rare drop chance.

So far probably most of the people want to do that puzzle only 1 time for achievement right? And this probably is taking away people from both groups – the ones that want to do it and the others that want to grief. Of all servers people in WvW doing something else than WvW.

I think everything else is fine. The few resource nodes. The bit of pois and vistas… but that puzzle seems to be a problem from what I have heard hear. You could wast hours there doing nothing that helps your WvW ranking. I don’t think this was intended?

So remove it. Or place it somewhere else or make it instanced. People should do more WvW.

in WvW

Wurps.3264

I think I have a simple solution: Remove that jumping puzzle. There are a lot of other jumping puzzles which should be enough. And I can agree with having to play WvW to get a legendary because it can be used in both PvE and WvW and should take you to play everything of the game not only PvE. And this requires badges and World Completion.

The WvW you can easily do by running with the zerg and trying to get some kills if you are lucky and not forget about the drop. And checking the pois and vistas while you are holding the stuff… if not possible to cap wait until you start at another area of the map next match(now you have to wait weeks not days but still possible).

But I can’t see why they would put a jumping puzzle there. Never tried it so far… still going for world completion only at the moment and don’t care that much about the puzzles. But it is only for the achievement right? I heard about being siege blueprints in that chest but they could be awarded in some other way maybe as rare drops from killing players or making some siege engineer neutral base with uber strong npcs enginer mobs that could have a rare drop chance.

So far probably most of the people want to do that puzzle only 1 time for achievement right? And this probably is taking away people from both groups – the ones that want to do it and the others that want to grief. Of all servers people in WvW doing something else than WvW.

I think everything else is fine. The few resource nodes. The bit of pois and vistas… but that puzzle seems to be a problem from what I have heard hear. You could wast hours there doing nothing that helps your WvW ranking. I don’t think this was intended?

So remove it. Or place it somewhere else or make it instanced. People should do more WvW.

Simple solutions are usually the most poorly thought out ones.

I’m not sure you’re aware of this, but jump puzzle pvp is WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Shlamorel.8714

Shlamorel.8714

At OP: think of it like this:

If they have people devoting resources to camping the puzzle, that’s more people their team doesn’t have on the surface map. So it should help your team gain ground.

I know it doesn’t make it less aggravating – but in the grest scheme of pvp strategy, their camping of the puzzle does come at a cost (even if small) to their team.

in WvW

Wurps.3264

If they have people devoting resources to camping the puzzle, that’s more people their team doesn’t have on the surface map. So it should help your team gain ground.

I know it doesn’t make it less aggravating – but in the grest scheme of pvp strategy, their camping of the puzzle does come at a cost (even if small) to their team.

I was part of the group that the OP is referring to, and I can tell you our numbers were far less than theirs.

in WvW

Luthan.5236

How is this WvW. Explain? I did not know that it was giving points to your server. Still new and have not played WvW that much. I always thought the points only come from the camps, towers, keeps(including stonemist) you are holding? Then everyone can just camp the jumping puzzle and kill enemies and still win in ranking? That’s news to me.

in WvW

Posted by: Shlamorel.8714

Shlamorel.8714

I was part of the group that the OP is referring to, and I can tell you our numbers were far less than theirs.

Right, so that is on them. That means you guys were strategizing and distracting large group of their players when they could have realized that it was draining their own teams’ strength on the surface.

My point is that it is a strategic point that affects the wvw on the surface too, whether you’re camping or being camped on the puzzle.

in WvW

Luthan.5236

Another solution that comes to my mind: Make 1 entrance to the puzzles. Wall around it. And let the players capture that point like the keeps and other stuff. Only players holding that point can access the area. Will give enough time to do the puzzle. Then it really will be included in WvW – capturing point also could contribute to the ranking.

And could it not be fun to just go with a lot of own people there and remove the enemies instead of trying the puzzle? Wont’ they be surprised if they are attacked by a large zerg suddenly. But I never heard people talking about it in chat. They only attack about raiding in circles to generat the most events by attacking losing and attacking ita gain to get lots of karma and exp and silver. Lol.

in WvW

nallez.6419

How is this WvW. Explain? I did not know that it was giving points to your server. Still new and have not played WvW that much. I always thought the points only come from the camps, towers, keeps(including stonemist) you are holding? Then everyone can just camp the jumping puzzle and kill enemies and still win in ranking? That’s news to me.

Because you have to enter Eternal BG AND have a keep to get there?
Because there are SIEGE WEAPONS to be gotten free from there?
Because there are enemies inside it?

Go figure. WvW isnt all about points to your server. I get most of my siege weapons from jumping puzzles (fe. got 2 x alphas, 3 x trebuchet´s waiting atm), so dont tell me it aint WvW.

Just go back to the pandaland, son.

in WvW

Luthan.5236

Because you have to enter Eternal BG AND have a keep to get there?
Because there are SIEGE WEAPONS to be gotten free from there?
Because there are enemies inside it?

Go figure. WvW isnt all about points to your server. I get most of my siege weapons from jumping puzzles (fe. got 2 x alphas, 3 x trebuchet´s waiting atm), so dont tell me it aint WvW.

It is about points. Otherwise they would not have implemented that points system. You can buy the siege weapons. You should not farm them there. If players really want it like this they can make another way to get them easy. Just not a puzzle with achievement. It is not WvW. They should just remove it. Mabe all the vistas and point of interest too. I think you only like it because you want to farm your sieges there without having to pay gold at the vendor.

in WvW

Posted by: Moderator.9532

Moderator.9532

Please keep the discussion civil and productive, else wise this thread will be locked.

in WvW

Posted by: Kelthos Doombringer.9032

Kelthos Doombringer.9032

Let me just insert a blanket statement to all those saying “It’s a PvP area, if you don’t like it, leave”.

I do not care, at all, about the Player vs Player (read: players fighting each other directly/using player skills against each other). I partook in it myself, fearing people off of obstacles.

This is not Player vs Player. This is Player vs Player with Siege Weapon. PvPSW.

Define: Siege Weapon. – A siege engine is a device that is designed to break or circumvent city walls and other fortifications in siege warfare.

Tell me. Where is the wall that these weapons are supposed to be breaking down inside a jumping puzzle? I know that Arrow Carts aren’t used against walls, but they are categorized as a Siege Weapon.

To the people saying that I should use Retaliation.
1) I don’t have a pocket Guardian that I can spawn next to me to use Retaliation.
2) I don’t have any long lasting Retaliation myself.
3) It’s going be fixed

Players in that jumping puzzle have TRAPS that can manually activate. How is it any way, shape or form FAIR for these people to be able to also use Siege Weapons when I wouldn’t even have a chance of setting down my own.

It is griefing because they camp there for hours, preventing any one else from getting up. That is exactly what the traps are for, to make it hard for the players who are making their way up the puzzle. Hard. Not impossible.
Never did I say I want them to be banned. I want Siege Weapons to be undeployable in the jumping puzzle. This wouldn’t even be a problem if it could be countered. If I could actively fight back.

I also enjoy all the people who are trolling this topic.

This question has already been asked, but I will ask it again.

Tell me how to get up this particular jumping puzzle when they are using 3 Arrow Carts and a Mortar against you and you have no way of stopping them?

Keep in mind that when you are in combat it becomes very difficult to cross the puzzle, with swiftness it is doable. But when you fail, you fall into a pack of Veterans, courtesy of the traps that the players are given. On top of that, when you finally do get across most of the puzzle, all 3 Arrow Carts and the Mortar turn and all shoot at you simultaneously.

Please answer me this question, all those who think this is fair.

Level 80 Human Necromancer

(edited by Kelthos Doombringer.9032)

in WvW

Posted by: AXLORD.2045

AXLORD.2045

You’re already at an advantage by being ahead in the jumping puzzle, with the ability to activate traps and cast spells from above, I don’t mind fighting people in there, because there is always a moment when you can jump on the next block, or fight back, but using siege wepons in there is like putting a bucket with a sign “Tears go there”.

Holding a keep with inferior numbers for enough time to get reinforcements is WvW, delaying ennemies trying to get free blueprints by using traps and fighting in risky positions is WvW, camping a whole area with a 5-man group without any way of losing (either you die from the damage, or you’re perma-crippled and can’t do the jumps, or you can’t even attack the enemy because he is out of LoS but still able to hit you with siege weapons) is not WvW.

in WvW

Azure Prower.8701

I think I found the one and only solution to this problem.

We should all server transfer to high population servers like Eredon Terrace. That way every one is friendly in the puzzle and those camping with siege weapons will die of boredom! Higher WvWvW queues, etc. Every body wins!

But honestly. All the points covered in this topic have pointed out that it is unrealistic for any one to get pass camping the beast arena with enemy siege weapons attacking you. At least the traps mechanics gave you a sporting chance.

(edited by Azure Prower.8701)

in WvW

nallez.6419

@ Kelthos Doombringer.9032:

You dont.
Just get back in few hours and do something fun. There is alot of other fun things to do too.

Maybe go camp the platform previous to dark room, so others cant get there either?
Maybe you can join others at the Eternal BG and capture some keeps or castles?
Maybe you can experience the epic PvE battles on events that you havent yet discovered?
How about the 36 other jumping puzzles in the game? Done all of them yet? They´re awesome!

TBH it all depends on what you think is funny.
If you like getting your face smashed with arrow carts for hours and hours, then thats your fun!

I kinda like the fact that there is alot of “open playground”-mentality at ANET, and they have given us so many places to use our brains / cunning at.

The fact that arrowcart can shoot out of LOS, is not a bug. The fact that it can shoot trough the roof of the chandelier room, tho, is.

in WvW

Posted by: Mistalya.4812

Mistalya.4812

Just remove the jumping puzzles altogether.

While we’re at it, take out the vistas. Neither of these things has anything to do with pvp.

in WvW

Azure Prower.8701

Just remove the jumping puzzles altogether.

While we’re at it, take out the vistas. Neither of these things has anything to do with pvp.

But it has to do with WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: aelnova.8590

aelnova.8590

Azure, if you had read my post earlier, you would have seen a skill that works. Mesmer focus number 4 pulls enemies off keep walls and I personally used it to pull two guys into the pit from up top of this exact area yesterday. It is doable, but you need the right class and weapon set. We would have been screwed without it, but a lot of pvp is that way…

in WvW

Azure Prower.8701

Azure, if you had read my post earlier, you would have seen a skill that works. Mesmer focus number 4 pulls enemies off keep walls and I personally used it to pull two guys into the pit from up top of this exact area yesterday. It is doable, but you need the right class and weapon set. We would have been screwed without it, but a lot of pvp is that way…

Were those two people hiding LOS with siege weapons firing at you? You must of missed my reply explaining how it won’t reach.

(edited by Azure Prower.8701)

in WvW

Posted by: aelnova.8590

aelnova.8590

azure,

Yes, they were firing seige and yes, they were LOS. I pulled two guys from the “puzzle jump griefing guild” of eredon terrace yesterday into the pit with a mesmer focus skill. I targeted them when they peeked, then pulled them when they were not visible to me. One came down and we beat his …, then I pulled the other when my cool down cleared.

I’m not advocating what they were doing, I’m only offering a solution that was lucky enough to work in our case. You can either use it, or keep trying to complain in this thread and hope the devs change the rules of that map. your choice.

in WvW

Azure Prower.8701

azure,

Yes, they were firing seige and yes, they were LOS. I pulled two guys from the “puzzle jump griefing guild” of eredon terrace yesterday into the pit with a mesmer focus skill. I targeted them when they peeked, then pulled them when they were not visible to me. One came down and we beat his …, then I pulled the other when my cool down cleared.

I’m not advocating what they were doing, I’m only offering a solution that was lucky enough to work in our case. You can either use it, or keep trying to complain in this thread and hope the devs change the rules of that map. your choice.

Perhaps it was poor placement of their siege on their part. But in any case. I do not have a mesmer nor a pocket mesmer. So that rules that null and void.

To be honest. At this point in time, I personally don’t have as much as an issue getting through the puzzle myself due to ways I will not mention to give me away. How ever, I’m arguing for the ones that can’t because they also play classes that have no counter to this.

It’s all good and well you can fluke it to by pass the campers. But that only works so often. I’m looking ahead for when this becomes a bigger problem.

When this catches on and the puzzle becomes even more popular. The most popular server that covers most time zones wins.

Today it may be 1-4 siege weapons camping it for 1-4 hours at a time. Eventually I’m expecting to find 20 siege waiting with it being camped 24/7. If you’re not on the winning server. You’re in for a very bad day my friend.

I personally can’t wait for this week’s WvW to be over so the server exploiting this will go and face higher tier servers that will do the same to them. It’s kind of a bitter sweet victory.

in WvW

Wurps.3264

This is not Player vs Player. This is Player vs Player with Siege Weapon. PvPSW.

They call that WvW. It just so happens that Eternal Battlegrounds is a WvW zone.

in WvW

Posted by: Squeegeez.2801

Squeegeez.2801

Hey, mortar guy here, I’d like to add some things not yet discussed in here, as well as my input on some things that have already been mentioned.

Just going to label my points for easy reference.
1. You can counter siege from the start of the jump puzzle, there is a concrete island above water that is very defendable, and as a bonus has stealth right next to it.
2. You can escort someone with stealth from the 2nd fountain through the dark room and if you have skill, you may be able to get by undetected. This does require teamwork. Yes arrow carts can break the stealth, you must plan carefully.

3. I agree I was surprised siege could be deployed in there. I would be fine if they took it out.
4. Everything about retaliation has been said.
5. Mesmer portals are pretty OP in getting teammate reinforcements and supply runs through quickly.
6. Pulls are very effective, try to use them on the lower platform when we go for the manual trap pull.
7. Ignore the veteran mobs, they really don’t do anything. Walk in circles, we’ve successfully deployed arrow carts on the bottom floor with enemies above and veterans below. Communication and being quick about it helps.
8. It is not impossible, but it does require superior numbers. We eventually went down to 30 Sea of Sorrows.
9. Split up on the jumps, arrow carts usually target the furthest. Leapfrog it. The person in front WILL have to retreat from damage, but when he does another can take his place, block a few shots, and leap to the next barrier.
10. Leap skills are great, and can help you advance to the far side where it’s possible to get out of combat.
11. There is a safety zone underneath the trap platform that is very hard to hit, even with arrow carts. It also lures them to the edge where you can pull.
12. Feel free to leave the puzzle any time, you can get everything from the chest elsewhere, it contains no unique loot. Leaving is one of the most effective things you can do, wastes defenders resources as they sit there, and they WILL leave of boredom if no one shows up.
13. Hop servers if you absolutely must get to the end for the achievement.
14. Camp earlier in the jumping puzzle, that’s what we do. It allows your own forces to group up, and the amount of enemies getting through to reinforce is largely diminished.
15. Camp the reinforcements using portals to the top, catch the mesmer when he falls and takes damage to open the exit for teammates. Stun him, push him, burst him. It requires patience, skill, timing, teammates, and if they see you they probably wont risk jumping down. BUT it does cut off reinforcements and supplies. So every lucky pull thereafter is one less defender up there.

16. Even with 6 people ready to cross at the boulders and no siege left, I alone can manage to neutralize every single one of them. Mortar the area and luckily get 2 people dropped. Knockback prox mine takes out another. Magnet pull another while they are crossing the tiny ledge. Airblast another when they make it to the trap platform. Retreat to the upper stairs and overcharge shotgun blast another off a cliff. None of these things are undefeatable, however. Hug the far wall so the mortar can’t knock you down. Out wait the mine, it does have a timer and a cooldown. Use dodge effectively. Use block or aegis effectively. Use stealth effectively. Use invulnerability effectively. Use pulls effectively. All in all, use SKILL, and your BRAIN. We’ve defeated arrow carts, camping players, siege golems, ballistas, mesmer portallers, you name it we can overcome it. Sometimes it’s as simple as overwhelming them with numbers; you can constantly revive anyone who is defeated.

edit:
17. The out of combat situation is frustrating, I shoot them once then hide up above. They can’t complete jumps without swiftness, and the arena is so tiny it’s hard to escape. Try going to the far side of the arena, or better yet INTO one of the far cages, the in-combat radius doesn’t reach that far. I’m not sure but I believe stealth breaks out of combat, and is also attainable by a combo field. I think they should fix it so there is a timer; if you haven’t taken damage in a certain amount of time it breaks combat, rather than just having it break combat from radius.

(edited by Squeegeez.2801)

in WvW

Posted by: JoolaPrime.6390

JoolaPrime.6390

Of course ET are camping that area. They control the zone. You can bet your last dollar any one of the other servers would be doing the same if they were in control.

You can moan all you want but if your WvW isn’t throwing down a challenge any enemy will find something to do to fill in the time.

Enemy Invader
Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

Meh I don’t even bother with it anymore use to do it to get siege weapons. Now there are guildies/parties people form for easy camping in it. Only way to do it is log in during off hours

in WvW

Posted by: Elthurien.8356

Elthurien.8356

Dont remove the puzzle, just remove the need for the achievment for PvE progress.
And please place the puzzle into a different Queue so valuable positions in those
maps arent wasted on people that arent contributing to WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Kelthos Doombringer.9032

Kelthos Doombringer.9032

They call that WvW. It just so happens that Eternal Battlegrounds is a WvW zone.

According to many people in this thread what goes on in the jumping puzzle is actually PvP.
It’s a PvP Jumping Puzzle. Not a WvW zone.There are no destructible walls or forts that can captured. So then why are siege weapons allowed to be built.

Level 80 Human Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: tluv.5821

tluv.5821

It was entirely intended. Stop QQing. It was meant to happen. That is why there are traps. Find ways around it kiddo

[EG] Ethereal Guardians
Formerly [QT] Questionable Tactics

in WvW

Posted by: Mine Laces.7108

Mine Laces.7108

If you ask me i’m for removing it from WvW zone , it just keeps spots from people who would join to help in WvW .

“Smashing doors at 5am … fun fun fun fun fun” Rebecca Black

in WvW

Posted by: tluv.5821

tluv.5821

^That I do agree with.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians
Formerly [QT] Questionable Tactics

in WvW

Posted by: BlackDeath.8106

BlackDeath.8106

You want a good reason. Those jumping puzzle rewards the player 2 blueprints which can be used to protect or siege keeps, towers or castle. Controlling keeps, towers and castle gives you point. Defending towers, keeps and castle with siege is much easier. Assualting towers, keeps and castle without siege weapons <—- who would do that.

in WvW

Posted by: Flow.9028

Flow.9028

Before jumping mindlessly off the ledge into the beast room, you might want to check that there isn’t any siege weapons on top. If there is, you can aoe them down or do some other trick like mesmer casting his mirrors there etc. This will work on most campers. If there is huge group camping with multiple siege weapons, then just come back some other time.

This jumping puzzle is one of my favorite things in game. You can have huge loads of fun in this puzzle with friends and it is also great place to make new friends in game. Dont get mad if you get griefed and try to find a way to counter them, there is plenty of ways to seize popular camping spot from enemy and it is really great feeling when you succeed to do so.

in WvW

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

Kelthos Doombringer.9032:

According to many people in this thread what goes on in the jumping puzzle is actually PvP.
It’s a PvP Jumping Puzzle. Not a WvW zone.There are no destructible walls or forts that can captured. So then why are siege weapons allowed to be built.

Because not all siege weapons are designed for use against walls or other structures. There exists anti-personnel siege weaponry like Arrow Carts, Cannons, Mortars, Oil etc.

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Agent.3490

Agent.3490

something needs to be done about this, being able to place siege equipment throughout the puzzle is pure stupidity…

in WvW

Posted by: Krimpton.4879

Krimpton.4879

Well my time for a little contribution i think…

I will start by saying i don’t like PvP, i never have and never will.

Now probably because of comments i have read here by the ’’hardcore’’ Pvp ’’Elitists’’ etc i never will take up Anets offer, As set out in a very nice Email from them to ‘’come and try WvW’’

The situation to me looks like this,

You have jumping puzzles and vista’s in keeps, towers. etc..
Now whatever you do you need to PvP to get those vista’s etc, even doing tasks like fetching supplies, re-inforcing walls etc you WILL be attacked by others.
And a LOT of people dont wish to play like that.
But we go into that enviroment to gain the achievments of 100% map completion and the puzzle achievments..
I believe the long wait to get into WvW at the moment on some servers isnt because it is popular and people want to do it,
But for the simple reason that you HAVE to be there to get 100% map achievment completion.
Already i see posts on this very forum of servers asking people to come join the server for there WvW, or other posts asking for more people to WvW during hight hours so they keep the ranking..
So to summarise i realy hope you ’’hardcore’’ elite pvp’ers are having fun camping jump puzzles now, because when the majority of players have that 100% map completion you will be sat up there on your own.. ALL DAY..
And no im not a pve carebear thats QQ about not having the achievments i stayed up until 3am every night for a week and did all of them while the ’’hardcore’’ elitists where fast asleep with there teddy bears..
Goodnight :p

{Oh and i never liked WOW either… Boring and too cartoony for my likes}

(edited by Krimpton.4879)

in WvW

Posted by: Idgarad.6105

Idgarad.6105

Can’t wait for the whiney WoW kids to leave and go back to Mists of Pandacrapola. It’s a war zone, deal with it. That’s like complaining enemies are in Darkness Falls while you are trying to farm seals…. Oh wait the kids won’t get that reference…

“No Mercy for the Panda Kids. We don’t want you. We don’t need you.”

in WvW

Posted by: Kuruptz.4782

Kuruptz.4782

i love pvping at darkroooom i finished the puzzle 9548times my bank is filled with blueprints

its the PVP that makes the puzzle so awesome

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

PvP in the zone is fine; it’s a PvP zone for a reason. I think that the siege weapons(at least in areas which you cannot reliably place your own siege weapons to counteract them) is a bit too much. Watching people set up trebuchet to fire across the chasm is excellent.

Traps are fun. More log traps, please.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: Korrigan.4837

Korrigan.4837

Siege Engines should simply be forbidden in puzzle areas.
The puzzle areas have mechanics on their own to prevent others from progressing – siege engines are not needed there and are just overpowered.

The Farstar Alliance [TFA] – Gandara Server.
A PvX guild for mature players with a life.

(edited by Korrigan.4837)

in WvW

Posted by: Arctix.1758

Arctix.1758

All I hear out of this entire thread, is a bunch of people complaining about camping. It was intended to be that way, so stop. If you can’t handle the competition inside a small area, don’t queue for EB. It’s as simple as that.

Think about all the traps to control, the choke points, the mystic fountains, etc. Anet has put in counter measures for real camping inside the Puzzle Zone. It’s supposed to absolutely aggravating. Think about the fact that there are 3 cages full of animals controlled by a user operated chain in a small choke point.

The reward of the puzzle is great, but it’s supposed to be a challenge to get there. This game wasn’t intended to be a hand holding role playing adventure, otherwise there would be server rule sets associated with that style of play. Griefing, camping, building siege equipment, even having a 5 man camp the entrance are all part of the puzzle, and an amazing addition at that. It’s nice to know that in such a massive game, that Anet considered that people may want to “small man” or have 1v1, 1v2, 2v2, etc.

My point is, stop trying to speculate on your frustration of how to complete the camping in the Puzzle zone. There are ways to get past every single section of camping / traps / obstacles. I think there’s what, three Mystic Fountains all in separate locations? Learn how to get around it, and play the game. No matter how frustrating it is.

Commander Arctix (Arctx) [Team Legacy] Human Warrior
DAoC, EQ2, WoW, AoC, L2, UO <freerps> <myth>
<wrath> <banda> <insurrection> <jaded>

in WvW

Posted by: Columba.9730

Columba.9730

You aren’t in Candyland, aka wow, anymore son.

only thieves know how to play, they chant “L2P” every time their god mode is challenged.

in WvW

Posted by: mynameisdan.5309

mynameisdan.5309

I enjoy reading the comments by some of the people trying to be hard saying “it’s a pvp zoen. Go away if u dont liek pvp carebear!”. I am one of the people that sits atop those areas that griefs after completing the puzzles if it’s possible. Either by blocking progress in PvE areas by standing on the edge so someone is going to have to figure out a way to jump around me, or with a few friends preventing progress in the PvP puzzles. I know some of you that are victims of my fun times are those raging “hardcore” pvp people, and that makes me smile.

Achievements for the jump puzzles are great to have, but I don’t believe they are required for 100% map completion. I’m sitting at 91% map completion, and, besides that bugged SP in Malchor’s Leap, it’s all WvW vistas and pois. I have yet to do EB though. I’m still working on slowly getting all of the areas in my own battleground at the moment.

As a suggestion, and it’s already been mentioned, I would come back later. I can’t speak for all of the people that decide that it’s fun to impede progress on purely for-fun activities, but for me and my buddies, we get bored if no one’s coming along. We don’t use siege weapons that are out of sight or anything, but constant harassment to keep you in combat from up above, or knocking/fearing off the edges when you’re about to complete is enough for us. If no one comes along, we go find something else to do, like grief the vistas. And if that fails, there’s always actually helping to cap objectives.

I don’t see how they can restrict sieges in the jump puzzles, and I do see it often. I take my own advice when I see others from an enemy realm doing that. Being that sieges are restricted for use for 4 days after a new matchup..or maybe it’s 5..Those are the best time to get the PvE stuff out of the way. Strip the gear, and go run around and explore! Who cares if you get ganked? Waypoint up and do it again.

Don’t forget. The game is meant to be fun. If you find yourself getting frustrated by people like me, then take a break for a bit. GW2 isn’t going anywhere. No need to rush all of this crap anyways.

Freshfruit – Guardian of Blackgate
Cat V – Necromancer of Blackgate

(edited by mynameisdan.5309)