Ethernal Battlegrounds wxp question

in WvW

Posted by: robertjan.2197

robertjan.2197

I read on https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/World_versus_World that you gain around 65k of xp from capturing the castle in ethernal battlegrounds. Is this WXP or normal XP? If it is WXP this would mean that you gain 12 levels in world ranking so I have my doubts

In addition, what is overall the best map to get fast WXP?

in WvW

Posted by: Sird.4536

Sird.4536

Pretty sure that normal xp although I don’t know if you get xp anymore because you can’t see your xp bar.

EotM is a good place to get wxp

RP enthusiast

in WvW

Posted by: Silberfederling.9302

Silberfederling.9302

As Sird said, it is normal XP, and as far as i know normal XP gain was removed from wvw. If you are only in for the wxp, i would suggest eotm. Not only is on the core wvw maps the underlying player philosphy different, generally matchups do not provide even close to similar wxp gains. This may differ from Server to Server and on the current matchups.

in WvW

Posted by: Zain.4987

Zain.4987

You earn 1000 WXP for capping SM. As the above post have mentioned regular XP is not obtainable in WvW anymore. Guess the WvW wiki just hasn’t been updated. This link gives you a break down what ways to earn WXP.
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/World_Experience

in WvW

robertjan.2197

How are the teams in eotm set? Is it the same as for eternak battlegrounds (underworld and far shiverpeak together) or are the teams differently. I am asking because we always seem to lose, apart from one week last week

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

How are the teams in eotm set? Is it the same as for eternak battlegrounds (underworld and far shiverpeak together) or are the teams differently. I am asking because we always seem to lose, apart from one week last week

Eotm teams are set by color, so whichever world is green players from that world will play on the green team together. It basically uses a megaserver type of system incorporated for wvw with instances and pairing players from different servers.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

robertjan.2197

Eotm teams are set by color, so whichever world is green players from that world will play on the green team together. It basically uses a megaserver type of system incorporated for wvw with instances and pairing players from different servers.

So is different from Ethernal Batyleground where servers play against eachother?

in WvW

Posted by: lujate.5432

lujate.5432

EotM is still server vs server vs server. It just uses mega server so people from different servers are combined.

“Queen of Cheese Builds”

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

So is different from Ethernal Batyleground where servers play against eachother?

EB is just another map like the borderlands, it has nothing with do with matchups and servers. Regular wvw involves servers fighting each other, meaning if you are on JQ for example you can only go into JQ’s WvW maps and play with other JQ players in reg in EB and the borderlands. For EOTM if your server is JQ and they are green for the week, in EOTM you will be put on the green team with other players that are also on servers that are green for the week.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<