Eu/Oceanic role as kingmakers

in WvW

Posted by: Skyblade.9176

Skyblade.9176

Just an observation of the trends from looking at the forums and server recruitments atm.

in WvW

Posted by: stubylegs.1639

stubylegs.1639

Not so much kingmakers as we need that time zone covered. It hurts when one side has it and the other(s) dont.

in WvW

Posted by: Esoteric.5490

Esoteric.5490

Needs to be a way where all servers can have them. Far more NA playing a game on NA servers (surprise) leads to an understandably more limited population of Oceanics due to their lower population and the game is located on another continent. EU aren’t on our servers (mostly) because they have their own. WvW is 24/7 and I don’t see any other way to do it. Without Oceanic servers, it is simply the state of the game. EU has the same problem with any NA players over there (I’m looking at you, French Canadians).

Blackgate Forever,
Riven – [KnT] GM – http://KnightGaming.enjin.com
Commander – Grand General of Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: salluks.6017

salluks.6017

The problem is with the scoring system and not with EU/oceanics

Right now, having 10 EU/Oceanics is a lot more fruitful than having 100 NA on any servers which is imbalanced in my opinion, but Anet and loooot of people here think otherwise.

in WvW

Posted by: Intigo.1653

Intigo.1653

(weaker competetion)

This is the first time I’ve seen you post something that’s actually fairly true.

Of course, you misspelled it, but still.

80 Asura Elementalist – [Red Guard]
http://www.youtube.com/user/IntigoGW2

in WvW

Posted by: Waking.6052

Waking.6052

Just because you have a powerhouse T1 doesn’t mean NA servers are weaker competition. And considering you’re Red Guard everything short of Za Drots is weaker competition. You’re not in a good place to say whether Europeans in general would like or dislike NA servers.

And, the lag is not bad on all the servers. We have a bunch of Australian players with no problem, and there are good few English players on FA as well. They don’t have lag problems. If your connection is decent and you live in western Europe, you’ll be fine.

Guardian Commander “The Lord Saves”
Mesmer Commander “The Lord Knows”
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Lanimal.6541

Lanimal.6541

Just because you have a powerhouse T1 doesn’t mean NA servers are weaker competition. And considering you’re Red Guard everything short of Za Drots is weaker competition. You’re not in a good place to say whether Europeans in general would like or dislike NA servers.

And, the lag is not bad on all the servers. We have a bunch of Australian players with no problem, and there are good few English players on FA as well. They don’t have lag problems. If your connection is decent and you live in western Europe, you’ll be fine.

But they are, they transferred over to T1 NA for a week or two and fought against some of the top NA guilds.

Theongreyjoy
[VoTF] www.votf.net

in WvW

Posted by: zen.6091

zen.6091

My experience with T1 NA was on the weekend during NA prime time, every map basically bogs down the same static fights with all three sides controlling their corners of the maps. The only major ppt variations are a home borderland controlling an extra keep, SM, and camps. The battles for keeps are almost always ultra-zerg, face-rolling lagfest. One server quits by Monday, and then the game becomes fighting for their territory during NA, plus the most Euro / SEA / Oceanic coverage.

So yes, in that regard non-NA coverage does have the effect of playing kingmaker, while NA coverage seems to be increasingly more about fighting other guilds and extracurricular activities.