Even the Map Pops Please

Even the Map Pops Please

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Why are green allowed more players than red on EB?

I think it would be much better if we could all field the same numbers.

Now that we all have queues, this is more important than ever!

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

(edited by Svarty.8019)

Even the Map Pops Please

in WvW

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

What? Green has more players then red on EB? Where you getting that from?

Even the Map Pops Please

in WvW

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

Another interesting factoid is that 94.5% of all facts are made up on the spot.

SBI

Even the Map Pops Please

in WvW

Svarty.8019

The sides aren’t even and never have been. Arenanet always flat out refuse to confirm that the caps are even.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Even the Map Pops Please

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

True but only 40% of all people know that.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

Even the Map Pops Please

in WvW

X T D.6458

The sides aren’t even and never have been. Arenanet always flat out refuse to confirm that the caps are even.

The sides are actually even, Stephen Wilson* replied to a question I asked in a thread once to a question I asked regarding this same issue, because I too found it hard to believe sometimes that all sides were actually equal. But it has been confirmed, I will try to do some digging and find it.

Here was my question-

Many of us have been wondering for a very long time, are the map caps for each server actually equal for each map, dont have to give the actual number, but are they actually equal because sometimes….

Here was the reply-

Stephen ClarkeWillson.1802:
The number of players allowed in per team all follow the same rules on all instances of each WvW map.
The numbers you see on the World Transfer screen are based on the number of players who have signed up for that world: what we call the membership count – which is not the same thing as the number of players active at any one time for that world.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/WvW-Lag-March-2015/page/14

(edited by X T D.6458)

Even the Map Pops Please

in WvW

Posted by: donkey.1653

donkey.1653

True but only 40% of all people know that.

It’s really 39.8% to be exact.

Even the Map Pops Please

in WvW

Svarty.8019

The sides are actually even, Stephen Wilson* replied to a question I asked in a thread once to a question I asked regarding this same issue, because I too found it hard to believe sometimes that all sides were actually equal. But it has been confirmed, I will try to do some digging and find it.

Here was my question-

Many of us have been wondering for a very long time, are the map caps for each server actually equal for each map, dont have to give the actual number, but are they actually equal because sometimes….

Here was the reply-

The number of players allowed in per team all follow the same rules on all instances of each WvW map.
The numbers you see on the World Transfer screen are based on the number of players who have signed up for that world: what we call the membership count – which is not the same thing as the number of players active at any one time for that world.

Well, that’s me put in my place!

But… I wouldn’t be surprised if they got the caps wrong because of bugs.

I still, like you did, find it too difficult to believe the sides are even.

Even the Map Pops Please

in WvW

X T D.6458

Here was my question-

Here was the reply-

Well, that’s me put in my place!

But… I wouldn’t be surprised if they got the caps wrong because of bugs.

I still, like you did, find it too difficult to believe the sides are even.

I know the feeling, but it is what it is.

Even the Map Pops Please

in WvW

Posted by: LordCody.6245

LordCody.6245

Here was my question-

Here was the reply-

that is a round about answer it doesnt confirm anything but i would have to say none one has priority in WvW especially in this past week seeing 3 zergs collide with each other one wasnt bigger then the other
another note why bring up the world transfer screen to an answer about WvW map caps and besides the transfer screen was incorrect for over a year after mega server showed all server that wasnt already full as being very high even now i question that screen cause at this moment its showing 10 servers full unless there has been some mass transfers lately

Even the Map Pops Please

in WvW

X T D.6458

Here was my question-

Here was the reply-

that is a round about answer it doesnt confirm anything but i would have to say none one has priority in WvW especially in this past week seeing 3 zergs collide with each other one wasnt bigger then the other
another note why bring up the world transfer screen to an answer about WvW map caps and besides the transfer screen was incorrect for over a year after mega server showed all server that wasnt already full as being very high even now i question that screen cause at this moment its showing 10 servers full unless there has been some mass transfers lately

You have to look at the thread to get context on the second part of his reply. The first part basically confirms what the OP was asking, every server/map has the same rules, plain and simple. No one server can have more people on the map in a technical sense then the other, any visual imbalance we see with numbers and group size is player driven, not anything technical that allows one server to have more on a map than another.