Everybody (almost) Gets an Ascended Backpiece

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

I propose as a reward for WvW league participation which includes completing seven weeks of worth of WvW “weeklies” every participating player should get an ascended backpiece. Not only would this soften the “why are we having leagues” issue but it would also bring in PvE players to the WvW experience, likely bring back WvW players on hiatus and finally give WvW players something PvE players have had for a long a time.

Note: The rewarded backpiece should have selectable stats.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

I doubt they would do it this way, but you really do need to be able to get an ascended backpack via wvw. I am shocked that it isn’t been addressed honestly. After all, backs were the first ascendeds available, so you’d think they would have made it into WvW by now.

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

This would actually be pretty cool, provided it had a unique model and was in one of the higher participation brackets- It shouldn’t just be ‘cap five camps and win a backpiece’.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

I doubt they would do it this way, but you really do need to be able to get an ascended backpack via wvw. I am shocked that it isn’t been addressed honestly. After all, backs were the first ascendeds available, so you’d think they would have made it into WvW by now.

Because it goes like this.
1. Give ways for better THINGS in PvE
2. Wait 6 months, say you’re working on it for WvW.
3. Release for not much less it cost then they currently are in wvw by adding 250 badges in front, even though it takes 500x longer to get those things in wvw. (Note im talking generally here, not just ascended/laurels)
4. Watch players rage, think you did well.
5. Repeat.

Isle Of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: Bear on the job.6273

Bear on the job.6273

I have 3 level 80 characters. Doing 1 fractal per day on each character, I am guaranteed an ascended ring every 4 days, max. Usually, I can average a ring every 2-3 days.

If I want an ascended ring in WvW? 25 days minimum.

Seems legit…

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

This would actually be pretty cool, provided it had a unique model and was in one of the higher participation brackets- It shouldn’t just be ‘cap five camps and win a backpiece’.

It shouldn’t be hard and certainly not impossible, but I agree these “weeklies” or “matchlies” should encompass a wide array of WvW play including defense, offense and WvW leveling.

Your idea about it being a unique model would be a very nice touch. I would add that it should be unique and never given out again.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

It shouldn’t be hard and certainly not impossible, but I agree these “weeklies” or “matchlies” should encompass a wide array of WvW play including defense, offense and WvW leveling.

Your idea about it being a unique model would be a very nice touch. I would add that it should be unique and never given out again.

anet said the art team is working on WvW exclusive skins and models and what not, but again we get the typical answer of it takes time. While I agree, yes art and then putting that art into a 3D model can take time, It shouldnt take more then 1.5-2 months. (Note you have have art and3D models for every type of weapon/armor, Not stat wise, but just like heavy/med/light for armor, and every weapon. And they try to make each unique while sticking to the over all theme) I still think its ridiculous anet can pump out skins fairly fast for PvE while WvW gets pushed to the side.

Isle Of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

An ascended backpiece, that you can choose the stats for, for completing WvW achievements!

While you’re at it why don’t you wish for a unicorn mount who can charge enemies and impale them with its horn for 20k damage?

This is WvW, we do not get nice things here.

As for this “softening the `why are we having leagues` issue”: that’s basically a bribe to shut people up. Not good.

in WvW

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

Because it goes like this.
1. Give ways for better THINGS in PvE
2. Wait 6 months, say you’re working on it for WvW.
3. Release for not much less it cost then they currently are in wvw by adding 250 badges in front, even though it takes 500x longer to get those things in wvw. (Note im talking generally here, not just ascended/laurels)
4. Watch players rage, think you did well.
5. Repeat.

This is true, however it still doesn’t make sense that WvW got ascended rings and amulets but no backpieces.

If it were me I"d create a vendor that sells finishers, ascended back pieces, and skins based on WvW rank. The finishers, back pieces, and skins would cost gold and badges. The back pieces would cost laurels and badges.

I am thinking open up a new finisher for purchase every like every 100 or so wvw ranks. Open up a new skin at every 50-75 or so ranks. Open up ascended back pieces at rank either bronze raider or bronze recruit between 200-250 somewhere.

(edited by timidobserver.7925)