Everyone Zergs up...

Everyone Zergs up...

in WvW

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Is there a way to make incentive not to zerg up?

Now that people see everyone, if you walk into a zerg you just die immediately.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

(edited by Daecollo.9578)

Everyone Zergs up...

in WvW

Posted by: TallDan.6350

TallDan.6350

Yeah move to ET in tier 8 we don’t have enough people to zerg

Lady suzi ~ Human Guardian {} Gizmo Gregory ~ Asura Engineer
Firezof Arrows ~ Sylvari Ranger {} Hudeeni ~ Norn Mesmer
Ruins of Surmia [KoA]

Everyone Zergs up...

in WvW

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

Zergs? NP! SUPA ACs!

Attachments:

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

Everyone Zergs up...

in WvW

Posted by: Alekty.8706

Alekty.8706

Arenanet did try to prevent zerging due to people whining on the forum. With Arenanet immunesystem running amock they tried change arrowcart mechanic to be a counter to zergs. However with these changes there will quickly only be 1 commander on the four maps… so counter productive to say the least.

New content to prevent zerging won’t be put in until some other major mmo releases.. ze typical developer way of dealing with things; fixing things until they break.

Everyone Zergs up...

in WvW

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

Zergs? NP! SUPA ACs!

Don’t you wish you could fire all 5 of those at once yourself?

Everyone Zergs up...

in WvW

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

Zergs? NP! SUPA ACs!

Don’t you wish you could fire all 5 of those at once yourself?

i do …especially when ive dropped over 35 of them today and only a fraction were ever manned, all at various objectives around the maps of course.

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

Everyone Zergs up...

in WvW

Posted by: frostshade.3617

frostshade.3617

You don’t want zergs go spvp or custom arena its wvw meant to be large scale battles even the name implies its not gvg or an arena or something its world vs world

commander frostseir(sylvari,guardian) commander frostetics(norn,ele)
Os guild

Everyone Zergs up...

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

just build an arrow cart

can you stop posting the same dumb message in every thread now ? if you have something constructive to say about arrow carts,Use that thread. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Arrowcarts-merged/page/32#post1953768

Everyone Zergs up...

in WvW

Posted by: zastari.1730

zastari.1730

just build an arrow cart

can you stop posting the same dumb message in every thread now ? if you have something constructive to say about arrow carts,Use that thread. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Arrowcarts-merged/page/32#post1953768

Actually literally every problem in this game now can be solved by building an arrow cart so I think his posts are perfectly valid.

Tsarazi – 80 Asuran Mesmer [DERP]
Maguuma

Everyone Zergs up...

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Arenanet did try to prevent zerging due to people whining on the forum. With Arenanet immunesystem running amock they tried change arrowcart mechanic to be a counter to zergs. However with these changes there will quickly only be 1 commander on the four maps… so counter productive to say the least.

New content to prevent zerging won’t be put in until some other major mmo releases.. ze typical developer way of dealing with things; fixing things until they break.

Why do you think there will be only 1 commander in wvw?
-I would say now, some of the random pve commanders will want to have their personal AC show.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Everyone Zergs up...

in WvW

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

just build an arrow cart

Actually literally every problem in this game now can be solved by building an arrow cart so I think his posts are perfectly valid.

“don’t have supply -> build an arrow cart” does not work.

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

Everyone Zergs up...

in WvW

Caedmon.6798

just build an arrow cart

He is trolling the forum with that message.Imo being immature doesnt help to solve a problem,being constructive and laying out your problem with the current Arrowcart buff instead of acting like a . . . might actually get you somewhere.

Everyone Zergs up...

in WvW

Posted by: Wothan.4673

Wothan.4673

It’s not like if patch per patch Anet make everything for promote zerg…

Nahtow – [SR] Soul Reapers
Jade Quarry

Everyone Zergs up...

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid Storm.8097

Liquid Storm.8097

just build an arrow cart

He is trolling the forum with that message.Imo being immature doesnt help to solve a problem,being constructive and laying out your problem with the current Arrowcart buff instead of acting like a . . . might actually get you somewhere.

Maybe in real life. Here it’s just a matter of spamming like a maniac until they fix the broken fix.

Staff elementalist @ [SOUL]
Far Shiverpeaks EU
http://fspsoul.enjin.com/

Everyone Zergs up...

in WvW

Caedmon.6798

just build an arrow cart

Maybe in real life. Here it’s just a matter of spamming like a maniac until they fix the broken fix.

This isn’t the blizzard forum.It’s Anet,i felt that the community was a bit more mature here,atleast i thought.I still don;t think it will get him anywhere but infracted.his post being removed says enough..

Anyway Ontopic again !

Everyone Zergs up...

in WvW

Posted by: Grevender.9235

Grevender.9235

nope, because it’s normal for most living creatures to feel the urge to zerg-up, but they can put an end to it by just adding friendly AoE damage, boosting to insanity AoE damage and removing the 5 targets limit.
People would be forced to use brain and map knowledge, as zerging would just lead to meet a quick death.

Everyone Zergs up...

in WvW

Posted by: Ahmrill.7512

Ahmrill.7512

They zerg because “there is no other way in game to group more than 5 people except with the commander and squad system.”

If we actually had an option in game to create medium size forces with some control over the size and makeup… perhaps we wouldn’t have so many people flocking to a commander pin.

They need to allow commanders to hide the pin AND still retain all the functions of a squad…. that would reduce zergs and spread players out more on the maps.

Ahmrill
Proud member of [NORD] Nordvegr Guild
Jade Quarry

Everyone Zergs up...

in WvW

Posted by: BBMouse.6510

BBMouse.6510

I doublt arrow carts will stop a zerg, they probably just slow it down. This kind of tactic is often seen. Set up trebs in towers, cut the supply nearby the targets, put the zerg in between tower and the target as distraction or protection to the trebs, and wait till trebs finsih the job. Then zerg sworm in to clear sieges and oh yeah shake hands with defenders. :P

You know when there is no sup a building will eventually go down. So the above tactic obioulsly the server with more players will win given time. The players might not necessarily be with the zerg at the time during trebing (some are camping). But they can join up at the time to sworm in. The defender will have no sup and few sieges left, then the fate is sealed. :P

Sometimes people just give up defense on the wall, and lay heavy seiges in the lord room. Even then the bigger zerg will have advantage over time since they can also build sieges at lord room fast and they have access to sup better when fight lasts long (just put people (well they have plenty XD) in between target and the spawn to prevent reinforcement to join).

So yeah, no matter how Anet wants to make the change, it’s plain difficult to balance players. It’s not like spvp that they can put equal amont of players on both side. There can be many random people joining in WvW anytime and there is simply no way to control that without sacrificing something. So yeah the servers with larger WvW population rule. Might as well just try enjoy it as it is and max the fun. :P

Everyone Zergs up...

in WvW

Posted by: Engels.8537

Engels.8537

Now that people see everyone, if you walk into a zerg you just die immediately.

Split the WXP, normal XP, and loot, that’s all you need to “incentive” them not to zerg up.

Don’t talk to me about toughness and vitality, damage avoidance is all in this game

Everyone Zergs up...

in WvW

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

From what I am personally seeing in my time, this all in one group zerg meta is developing and changing. JQ in EB is now starting to frequently have two groups that work independently and rally together on occasion. To make a reference here there is a guild Ive been watching called GE that is looking like an up and coming guild in JQ. They mostly stack their guild and don’t pin up and move in a group of around 30 players whilst remaining independent from the zerg although merging with it from time to time. BG also stay together as a group but then split when zerg meets zerg with on group pushing and bait whilst the other group flanks.

I think what we need to make this a bit more successful is some development with the tools we can use. Particularly the current limitations on the commander pin. Players in Tier 1 NA are starting to adapt their strategies and it would just be a bit good to make this a bit easier with tools to organize groups.

Everyone Zergs up...

in WvW

Posted by: Ahmrill.7512

Ahmrill.7512

They mostly stack their guild and don’t pin up and move in a group of around 30 players whilst remaining independent from the zerg although merging with it from time to time.

I think what we need to make this a bit more successful is some development with the tools we can use. Particularly the current limitations on the commander pin.

Completely agree. If we actually had the tools to coordinate non zerg forces, we’d have a much more dynamic battlefield and more medium sized guilds forces would be doing this.

Ahmrill
Proud member of [NORD] Nordvegr Guild
Jade Quarry