Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

Soon™ – ANet

/15nakedcharrs

Everytime an announcement is made...

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

They also said they would customize the old map before bringing it back…. Now look at the new map.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

Has there been an announcement about the alpine map? havent been around

Anyway what theyre most likely going to do is reform the alpine so that it is more square-shaped and fits a system that heavily favours holding your side of the corner like eotm, EB and the desert one. You can see they were already trying this when they moved the waypoints from bay and hills to the spawn towers, that was the whole idea. However, they saw that the layout of the map just didnt work with this probably due to the overall rectangular shape aswell, which is most likely why they took it out altogether for the time being.

What they probably want to do is reformat the alpine and bring it back so you have EB, eotm map, desert and alpine. They couldnt do this previously because whoever ends up with the original alpine map as their home border would have the advantage because its much easier to hold the entire map whereas the new maps push you to only be able to hold your corner.

In other words, dont get all excited when they announce the return of the alpine border because the only resemblance will be the theme and it will probably play out completely differently.

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

They also said they would customize the old map before bringing it back…. Now look at the new map.

New Alpine:
- Central event where you kill Quaggans and collect their babies. When done, all walls on the border is destroyed. Happen once every 2h and event lasts 2h.
- Extended size by 6x, the citadel is now the SW spawn tower (3 layers of snow caverns out from spawn to citadel).
- To improve defense, all guards are now champions.
- All tower lords are raid bosses.
- Keeps are protected by 3 elder dragons each that require legendary armour and agony resistance to defeat.
- Dolyaks are now dragon champions.
- T3 objectives give double PPT
- Barricades have been strenghtened to T3 walls
- Sentries changed to Risen commanders that can summon up to 20 champion Risen Giants (note: to keep trading post balance, they do not drop giant eyes).

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

They probably going to revamp old borderlands into something we just can not imagine with their pve design mindset.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Daddar.5971

Daddar.5971

Will there be jumping puzzles and mini-games?! Oh boy, wouldn’t THAT be awesome!

‘Elite’ in all 9 professions. I take mediocrity seriously!

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

A dev i spoke to said they were fixing old bugs of the wvw maps and that we should wait for the mid-late of next year.

I hope that means we will get back orbs

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Daddar.5971

So Summer/Fall? Which will morph into Early 2017… By then, there will be little point.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

A dev i spoke to said they were fixing old bugs of the wvw maps and that we should wait for the mid-late of next year.

I love Anet. I really do. I’m the proverbial cheerleader.

But that’s nowhere NEAR the promise they made that WvW would be priority #1 after HoT was released.

I think the train has finally arrived in Jaded Town.

Blah.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

Mid-late of next year? LOL. There’s no point by that time, most will quit this game mode already, or even leaving the game for good.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Mid-late of next year? LOL. There’s no point by that time, most will quit this game mode already, or even leaving the game for good.

he said after spring. But in my view it will after. like june

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

LMAO, wow, can’t imagine what the state of wvw will be by the time they get around to the fixes.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

(edited by Xenesis.6389)

in WvW

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

Well to get the orbs back they would need to be able to prevent fly hackers which I honestly don’t see them bothering with.

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

They dont even post such info on forums and you believe this? LOL get real man.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Dezert Stormz.7248

Dezert Stormz.7248

Here’s 3 years of WvW improvements in one screenshot..

Keep lord stuck outside the outer (south)… Yay free loot for them without having to get in.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Fizzee.1762

Fizzee.1762

Here’s 3 years of WvW improvements in one screenshot..

Keep lord stuck outside the outer (south)… Yay free loot for them without having to get in.

It was worse for us. We couldn’t cap the keep as the lord was outside.
We either had to leave to kill lord and have him get rezzed when we tried to get in, or have to break the gate/wall from inside to kite the lord back in…

Completely kittened.

in WvW

Daddar.5971

It’s OK, they’ll just add some jumping puzzles and mini-games to WvW! You’ll be having SO MUCH fun with that, you’ll forget about all these little complaints of yours.

in WvW

Posted by: Ocosh.5843

Ocosh.5843

I would probably rather the Alpine maps remain in the grave than see them reshaped and stitched together like some Frankenstein’s monster of a zone, reconfigured to fit with whatever the current development team’s working notion of a proper BL is.

I have heard second- and third-hand theorizing about what the complaints were that led to the differences that appear in the new BL’s, but frankly none of these theories makes much sense. I am not mindlessly clamoring for things to go “back to the way they were,” and I do not consider such to be the best approach. However, the Alpine map was superior to the Desert map for our purposes as WvW players. Changes to make the Alpine more like the Desert rather than the Desert more like the Alpine are changes in the wrong direction. The rotation we were offered (were we? was that real?) before the New Stadium bait-and-switch would have been nice. Who knows? Maybe they’ll reevaluate the BL idea entirely and give us some heretofore unseen map distribution.

A running gag in our group was that the Alpine maps would reappear . . . with all the switchbacks turned into sheer drops, so you now have to conquer the skritt depot in order to change elevation.

In other words, dont get all excited when they announce the return of the alpine border because the only resemblance will be the theme and it will probably play out completely differently.

If past behavior is any indicator of future action, this guy/gal has got it. They are not likely to just revert changes. They — as a group, as developers, as a company — are not going to give you what you want, they are not going to bend over backward to satisfy the WvW community, and they are not going to put extra effort into seeing our game mode corrected and supported in a timely fashion. They don’t care. There is no direction; there is no evident unity of vision; there is just a disjointed cascade of features and items.

With its grandness and its marriage of other game modes, WvW should have been GW2’s crown. Instead it’s the old shoe. Let’s just get whatever miles out of it that we can. Maybe it will be saved, but don’t hold your breath.