Everytime you die and have outnumbered

in WvW

Posted by: Skeletor.9360

Skeletor.9360

For each death that you take and are outnumberd you should get a +1 might, vitality and toughness buff on respawn.

Die twice in a row outnumbered +2
Die 3 time then +3

Pretty soon that zerg idea becomes a bad one.

Buff goes away on border switch and has a 1 hour duration which is refreshed if you get another +1.

in WvW

Posted by: Rapier.3675

Rapier.3675

why? get a group and roll with them …

in WvW

Posted by: DeeSystm.1256

DeeSystm.1256

I just don’t feel like you should be dieing enough to make it effective unless you suicide a bunch to stack it, which really, just feeds the enemy points anyways.

I also believe somewhere anet has said they’ll never add any kind of stat boost to outnumbered.

“I came to play.” me
r4420k+ blazetrain

in WvW

Posted by: oshilator.4681

oshilator.4681

Adding any sort of boost to outnumbered would make it too easy to abuse.

Headdesk

in WvW

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

I remember in WoW their was a buff like that in a pvp area. So fun one shotting people like a raid boss. Yep very easy to abuse. Still the outnumbered buff should be improved somehow.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

in WvW

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

I don’t know where people get the idea that a 100 or 200 point stat boost is going to be OP. You can get much more of a boost than that with food, bloodlust and guard stacks.

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

Because you have to die to get it?

I don’t think the buff should outright encourage dying, even for a small boost.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

For each death that you take and are outnumberd you should get a +1 might, vitality and toughness buff on respawn.

Die twice in a row outnumbered +2
Die 3 time then +3

Pretty soon that zerg idea becomes a bad one.

Buff goes away on border switch and has a 1 hour duration which is refreshed if you get another +1.

No just No, did you ever watch the movie Zulu? being outnumbered is part of war and In reality if you are badly outnumbered you should lose, if you don’t like being outnumbered move to another server. I am always outnumbered but guess what, I don’t want buffs to help me out, I enjoy the challenge of it as it is.

in WvW

Posted by: Kraag Deadsoul.2789

Kraag Deadsoul.2789

No just No, did you ever watch the movie Zulu? being outnumbered is part of war and In reality if you are badly outnumbered you should lose, if you don’t like being outnumbered move to another server. I am always outnumbered but guess what, I don’t want buffs to help me out, I enjoy the challenge of it as it is.

Except the outnumbered side prevailed (both in the film and in the real life battle on which the film is based). Of course, it didn’t hurt that they had a “buff” of sorts; British Army rifles versus Zulu spears. Still, 150 defended against 3,000 to 4,000, demonstrating once again that – in reality – being grossly outnumbered doesn’t always equal automatic defeat; a lesson ArenaNet could apply to WvW.

I’m not saying the suggestion contained in this thread is the way to accomplish that; there’s plenty of other suggestions made in this forum that would do a much better job of reducing the dominance of superior numbers in this game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zulu_

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Rorke%27s_Drift

So many souls, so little time. ~ Kraag Deadsoul

in WvW

Posted by: Skeletor.9360

Skeletor.9360

Why do I bother…people can’t comprehend….

Oh yes it could be abused…exactly how?
You could die a bunch of times and one shot somebody….
1.) Only if you had a buddy or a 2nd account…only if you could keep outnumbered…
2.) As mentioned by another poster many other buffs are already far bigger than this.

Pretty much all the responses are from people who can’t win without large numbers….
If it were not true the responses would be different.

Might as well rename the game zergfest.

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

I roam, I roam a lot.

I see this buff going one of two ways

1) Its too insignificant to matter
2) In order for it to become significant players need to purposely die over and over.

Either way, while its an idea. I don’t think its a very good one. And its not really going to help you win a 1v2. I would rather the devs work on other solutions for the problem than spend time on a solution like this.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

Why do I bother…people can’t comprehend….

Oh yes it could be abused…exactly how?
You could die a bunch of times and one shot somebody….
1.) Only if you had a buddy or a 2nd account…only if you could keep outnumbered…
2.) As mentioned by another poster many other buffs are already far bigger than this.

Pretty much all the responses are from people who can’t win without large numbers….
If it were not true the responses would be different.

Might as well rename the game zergfest.

1. Death while outnumbered means it could be easily farmed, I can see people jumping off cliffs near spawn to get their stacks if this was implemented. You didn’t say the outnumbered player would have to be killed by enemy player to get this buff.

2. These buffs, except for the guard stacks which take a while to get, are available to anyone. I don’t see why there should be even more buffs to add to stat differences between players.

Personally I don’t agree any stats should be added to players, it would simply make pvp even more unbalanced. And I don’t like the idea of encouraging players to die to get buffs.

Imo, outnumbered wouldn’t be needed so much if the game difficulty scaled with numbers of players so gates/lords wouldn’t melt in seconds under 1111 spam.

As you can see from my sig, I play on Vabbi and Kaineng, not exactly servers that rofl zerg over others.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

in WvW

Posted by: maeggle.6021

maeggle.6021

I don’t mind dying when trying to engage superior numbers, and I think any stat bonuses wouldn’t be fair nor fun.

The only thing bothering me is that every enemy who walked over my character’s face has a chance of getting a precursor. I wouldn’t mind if the drop chance for items of players with the outnumbered buff would be either zero, or if the only lootable items were guaranteed to be grey ones. XP and WXP may still be given to everyone, but I would feel so much more comfortable, knowing that the kill was not rewarding in any other way.

Kodash [DE] – Ninja Nurse Rescue Squad [care] – Elementalist
A landing you can walk away from just wasn’t fast enough.

in WvW

Posted by: Basket of Boxes.1976

Basket of Boxes.1976

Every time you die with the outnumbered buff the loading screen should be the devs pointing and laughing at you. On the bright side there is a chance you are getting spawn camped if you are outnumbered and don’t even have to see the loading screen.