Excellent Elementalist WvW Build!!

in WvW

Posted by: msalihill.9385

msalihill.9385

After quite some time playing the Elementalist class, I came up with what is perhaps an optimal WvW PvP build for solo-play. I realize everybody has a play-style preference, but this build is definitely worth giving it a try! It combines what would usually be a bursty daggers setup with some survivability and a lot of utility, making you a nearly unstoppable cannon of destruction.
Give it a try and check out the video!!
Let me know what you think of it! Enjoy!
The Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5rSlpRLp-c
The Build: http://www.gw2builds.org/create/bwe_1/elementalist#1.0-2.18.11.9.0-20.30.10.10.0-7.13.4.6.5.1.3

in WvW

Posted by: Zhala.5284

Zhala.5284

Link broken for me, would like to see this “excellent” build.
Im curious

in WvW

Posted by: hunTShoo.1247

hunTShoo.1247

get lightning surge 2500 range is just awesome to killing siege weapons from kilometers away (and out of sight)

in WvW

Posted by: Doxshund.9235

Doxshund.9235

isnt lightning surge a 1200 range skill?

Asura > all

in WvW

Posted by: bobitsch.1473

bobitsch.1473

I like.
But i bet you have the best items available?

in WvW

Posted by: hunTShoo.1247

hunTShoo.1247

@duxshund,
just try it out :x

in WvW

Posted by: Nero.7964

Nero.7964

This is not a good WvW elementalist build sorry. It may serve as a good PVP build but in WvW (on a decent server), the combat is around squad and large-groups. The small-combat fights are not as helpful to overall WvW as a good staff build which gives you AoE control of walls during sieges, mass heals and group buffs.

in WvW

Posted by: eharvill.6801

eharvill.6801

@Nero -

You just confirmed the OPs point – “I came up with what is perhaps an optimal WvW PvP build for solo-play

Whether it’s helpful to the overall WvW cause in this conversation is irrelevant.

in WvW

Posted by: Fugly.5287

Fugly.5287

Subtract 10 from fire, and set the only fire trait to burning precision. Then get elemental attunement in arcane. Then it would be satisfactory, although any dual dagger build still sucks in WvW.

Any elementalist without both elemental attunement and cleansing water or cleaning wave in WvW should be shot for being a selfish kitten.

(edited by Fugly.5287)

in WvW

Posted by: Papaj.9035

Papaj.9035

Yea….10 points in toughness, 10 in vitality, 50 points in kitten near useless skill trees with a trait that gives you a boon on glyph cast with 1 glyph that is your heal skill (the Elite isn’t even worth mentioning due to the terrible cooldown) AND daggers…..you’re just asking to get killed by any player who actually knows how to circle strafe – he’ll make you miss nearly all of your auto-attacks – and is running minimal condition removal. You’ll be lucky even in full pow/tough/vit gear to last more than 15 seconds, even in 1v1.

Edit: I laugh at your glass cannon build killing other glass cannon morons who don’t know how to get out of highly telegraphed AoE.

80 Norn Elementalist
Violent Impact [VI] Guild Master (Blackgate)
http://www.impact-gaming.us

(edited by Papaj.9035)

in WvW

Posted by: Chaosx.2471

Chaosx.2471

all you need is lightning surge as an elemantalist with its unlimited range and you can destory any and all siege…..

Sinner – GM & Commander
[CYN] Cynical – http://cynicalgw2.com
[TC] Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Sihastru.9687

Sihastru.9687

This is not a good WvW elementalist build sorry. It may serve as a good PVP build but in WvW (on a decent server), the combat is around squad and large-groups. The small-combat fights are not as helpful to overall WvW as a good staff build which gives you AoE control of walls during sieges, mass heals and group buffs.

There’s macro management and micro management. if 1 person is holding back 2-3, it’s more time for that 1 person’s team to finish the job they’re doing. Then, those 2-3 if killed (which they were, in the vid) will take time to get back to their team, not really being to help the big fight in the meantime.
It’s a bit like in WAR: “war is everywhere” and everything helps. It might not help as much to gather 1 node in WvW, but it definitely helps more to hold back people who might do more damage if they were somewhere else.
Based on this, I wouldn’t agree with the naming of the SOLO BUILD; it’s a build, which works in the right hands, there’s no SOLO in WvW, unless you run around discovering vistas, POIs and things like this. Otherwise, YOU’RE HELPING (unless, of course, you’re slacking somewhere).

The vid is more than self explanatory. Cheers to the maker.

in WvW

Posted by: Scribbles.7493

Scribbles.7493

Solo-play and WvW.

Waste of a queue spot.

Blacktide – [CIR]
Crimson Imperium Reborn

(edited by Scribbles.7493)

in WvW

Posted by: Konrad Curze.5130

Konrad Curze.5130

^ agree wholeheartedly

in WvW

Posted by: FrozeNuggz.7219

FrozeNuggz.7219

Got to agree with some of the other posters, nice setup, similar to what i run, but staff is by far better for WvW, and scepter/dagger is better for 1v1, or even scepter/focus for a defensive style 1v1, a dagger/dagger build is only good for pve farming

Shaniquia Johnson – Frozenuggz [KnT] Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Raap.9065

Raap.9065

Elementalists are best used in WvW as support. They got a lot of combo fields and one of the few proffesions with on-demand heal-others, good for helping keep a zerg alive (although they are not nearly as powerfull as guardian support/heals, buff please!). Some decent suppresion AOE as a bonus. Just don’t expect to get many ‘1v1’ kills as a support Elementalist.

I agree with other posters, joining WvW for solo fights is not helping your server. At best you could kill undefended doylaks, but lets face it, good servers secure their supply lines from solo attackers. And good WvW Elementalists support their team.

Swift Mending – Guardian
Thorny Scrub – Thief
Desolation

in WvW

Posted by: ImProVocateur.5189

ImProVocateur.5189

I dual dagger for fun sometimes. It rocks most classes and builds 1v1, but does suffer in WvW. My build should actually produce higher numbers than yours shows, but does not. Actually, the numbers in your video is higher than any I have seen in PvP testing. That tells me you are fighting lower level players; possibly in even lower gear too. You are half way to an excellent dual dagger build. Do some real testing. Xfer to a top server and try your hand versus a zerg, lol. Some people have given you good tips. Use them to make the build better.

in WvW

Posted by: tarnin.1690

tarnin.1690

i love all the nubs saying 1) solo/small group wvw is useless and 2) d/d is useless in W3 and PvP. Wow, you guys make this class look horrible. You are the ones in sPvP that stay in one attunement then whine in /m that ele’s suck.

in WvW

Posted by: Scyndek.5273

Scyndek.5273

Got to agree with some of the other posters, nice setup, similar to what i run, but staff is by far better for WvW, and scepter/dagger is better for 1v1, or even scepter/focus for a defensive style 1v1, a dagger/dagger build is only good for pve farming

Actually its not a fact S/D is better for 1v1 It’s up for debate because D/D is still great 1v1 It just dies off in ranged battles.

I use D/D to level and in sPvP but I plan on going S/D due to being able to dragon tooth siege on walls and large groups without having to be right next to them.

Elementalist – Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: tarnin.1690

tarnin.1690

this isnt rocket science here. If you like d/d, just hoof around a staff for zerging. There ya go, all the aoe needed to pve down those doors/walls.

in WvW

Posted by: mage.3570

mage.3570

Zerg + Wv3 = staff ele

Been there, done that. What’s next?

in WvW

Posted by: fractalKinesis.8569

fractalKinesis.8569

Why was this necro’d?

Xiro, High Five Warriors [HFW], Jade Quarry