Excessive messaging in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Amanzaman.1297

Amanzaman.1297

Well,don`t know what is happening,but I sent two messages to the map chat,8 minutes between them,and when I tried to send third message after 22 minutes,it got suppressed.
Is this a new feature,or just a bug?Or my account got bugged? xD
I mean,WvW can not function without the chat,and to say that 3 messages in a period of 26 minutes is excessive..let`s just say it`s funny.

p.s.my messages are the ones from Kosovka Devojka.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

Oh I sometimes get that as well. I think you can just do team chat instead and it doesn’t flag any message correct?

Map chat tends to have a limit I think.

in WvW

Amanzaman.1297

Oh I sometimes get that as well. I think you can just do team chat instead and it doesn’t flag any message correct?

Map chat never had limit,or to be more precise,it didn`t have a limit for the past year or so,in the period of time that I`ve been playing WvW on a daily basis.Also,22 minutes isn`t excessive in PvE neither..I know
Second excessive messaging message I got for trying to send to team chat,so…

in WvW

Amanzaman.1297

Map chat never had limit,or to be more precise,it didn`t have a limit for the past year or so,in the period of time that I`ve been playing WvW on a daily basis.Also,22 minutes isn`t excessive in PvE neither..believe me,I know

in WvW

Posted by: Standen.3479

Standen.3479

It is because you are linking in chat. You won’t be blocked from typing the name out normally or any other chat.

in WvW

Amanzaman.1297

It is because you are linking in chat. You won’t be blocked from typing the name out normally or any other chat.

That never ever happened before,either.

in WvW

Posted by: Norbe.7630

Norbe.7630

Well,don`t know what is happening

i dunno what happened too, maybe because someone reported you or something for being toxic or trolling in map chat?

Duterte Death Squad [DDS]
Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Well,don`t know what is happening,but I sent two messages to the map chat,8 minutes between them,and when I tried to send third message after 22 minutes,it got suppressed.
Is this a new feature,or just a bug?Or my account got bugged? xD
I mean,WvW can not function without the chat,and to say that 3 messages in a period of 26 minutes is excessive..let`s just say it`s funny.

p.s.my messages are the ones from Kosovka Devojka.

Are you Kosovka? The chat tend to block people that simply link stuff without writting anything. Try to say somenting like: “We go to [Tower]”, or “[Keep] Contested” so the chat don’t block you for “spamming links”.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Somebody reported you. Happened to me, and I found it funny, just because I told a guy that there was no point in defending Anz because it was paper.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in WvW

Posted by: Fernshade.9016

Fernshade.9016

Somebody reported you. Happened to me, and I found it funny, just because I told a guy that there was no point in defending Anz because it was paper.

Nobody reported him, or you for that matter. Even if someone did report, there is no way that you would see the result of it so quickly.
This kind of chat suppression is automatically enforced and happens like Jeknar already told you. It also happens to commanders sometimes when not many other people are talking in map or say chat or wherever. I can’t tell if that was the case here, but my guess is excessive linking with no other message.

Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck [ICEE]

in WvW

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Didn’t link anything, and that was only the 3rd message in map/team chat I had put down that night.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

Map chat never had limit,or to be more precise,it didn`t have a limit for the past year or so,in the period of time that I`ve been playing WvW on a daily basis.Also,22 minutes isn`t excessive in PvE neither..I know

That’s weird, when I use to pug tag I’d link the points and the normal stuff in map chat. I’d get flagged pretty quickly but was told by others in game “use team chat, map chat has a limit”.

Maybe they were lying this whole time

in WvW

Posted by: Fernshade.9016

Fernshade.9016

Didn’t link anything, and that was only the 3rd message in map/team chat I had put down that night.

Well, I don’t have specifics for your situation, but I can tell you that reporting someone does not have this effect. Perhaps one of your 3 messages managed to get on the nerves of some dev who decided to abuse his mute function. That seems unlikely though because a dev would actually have to be in wvw for that to happen.

Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck [ICEE]

in WvW

Posted by: lioka qiao.8734

lioka qiao.8734

Link locations in Team chat instead of Map chat to prevent getting blocked. There is a separate counter in the map and say chats that track the number of links you do consecutively and that triggered the suppression.

Adding some slight information after the links should prevent getting blocked but if you want to be totally sure use Team chat as that has no spam filters in it.

Little red Lioka