Excited about the new wvw changes

in WvW

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

WvW has been getting better and better over time, with lots of key problems being addressed and the most recent annoucements : https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/devon-carver-on-the-future-of-world-vs-world/
have me pretty stoked about the future of WvW. I just wanted to say I’m really looking forward to it and keep up the good work.

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

in WvW

Posted by: Andy.9137

Andy.9137

it’s pretty vague actually

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

Problems we’ve been complaining about for 3+ months with no real solutions.

Not impressed...

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

Its a pile of kitten in my opinion. More siege, really? Outside of culling the only improvements to WvW has been around siege. Even the WXP is pretty much ‘advanced siege’ system, no meaningful rewards or tools for anyone that might like to actually play with their character.

I would love for my friends and guild to come back to the game. This kind of vague kitten does nothing at all because ANET’s tract record is that of a bunch of people that should be playing hello kitty, not a PvP based game. Does anyone there actually like challenging play? A skill cap that is something you work towards rather then accidentally trip over?

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

Yeah I appreciate that they’re acknowledging the problems. However, the main problem lies in time. You have Another NCsoft MMO and Fantasy online game coming out which could take out a huge chunk of this game. While it is true that they already got our money from sales, the question is if a player leaves the game to go play another MMO that has WvW like features, will he ever come back?

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

All I want is new maps, guild halls and guild battle arenas.

in WvW

Posted by: XII.9401

XII.9401

Stating the obvious flaws that lead to zergs/boring wvw and trying to spin them off as purely intentional/still fun etc. Get ready for more smartphone games..I mean siege you have to pay for..and more damage against NPCs! Hell ya!

With the downed state and AOE limit I doubt things will change. Numbers will dominate. There isn’t much skill involved in PvE (zerging). We all saw how the break out events were a game changer!

(edited by XII.9401)

in WvW

Posted by: little ceasar.9254

little ceasar.9254

Don’t forget guild capes

Ashr [AGG]RESSION
CD→SoS→BG→ET→DB→JQ→SoS→
Mag→JQ→SoS→JQ→TC→FA→DB→FA→Mag→TC→KN

in WvW

Posted by: XII.9401

XII.9401

Yeah I appreciate that they’re acknowledging the problems. However, the main problem lies in time. You have Another NCsoft MMO and Fantasy online game coming out which could take out a huge chunk of this game. While it is true that they already got our money from sales, the question is if a player leaves the game to go play another MMO that has WvW like features, will he ever come back?

If ESO learns from Anet’s mistakes then very doubtful.

in WvW

Posted by: Swiftfury.7140

Swiftfury.7140

I agree. A nice big long post that told me absolutely nothing. In my opinion this does not bode well for the future of WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Kraken.7514

Kraken.7514

This +Individual and guild leader boards, 10 man aoe cap and a few tweaks to scoring and commander systems would make this game so so much better

Kraken – Guardian / Pretty Meris – Engineer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LGQJUaYDQD8

in WvW

Posted by: Daethonfoot.3516

Daethonfoot.3516

Make rank account based deeeeerp. Multi toon players cant chase high rank which robs us of our motivatiooooooon. WVW is the new luxon vs kurzick and everybody loved their canthan faction titles. Lol alliance battle was the hottest thing to ever hit gw1. So we need our wvw titles in town. I cant believe I actually have to tell you this. It should just be obvious.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

I agree. A nice big long post that told me absolutely nothing. In my opinion this does not bode well for the future of WvW.

Especially the fact that they are continuing on the siege vs siege path.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Ahmrill.7512

Ahmrill.7512

Major upgrade to their grouping system is sorely needed. Commander & Squad is a poor system in it’s current form. No flexibility for guilds and players to configure forces the way they enjoy. Guild or private squad system is a must.

Ahmrill
Proud member of [NORD] Nordvegr Guild
Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: meep.2601

meep.2601

Major upgrade to their grouping system is sorely needed. Commander & Squad is a poor system in it’s current form. No flexibility for guilds and players to configure forces the way they enjoy. Guild or private squad system is a must.

keep on preachin’…maybe someday they will listen. or maybe the developers for a certain unnamed upcoming mmo will listen

in WvW

Posted by: Scarn.1703

Scarn.1703

its extremely vague and really doesnt say anything we haven't already heard somewhere.

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

in short Devon said:
Hello,
our game is great and we are doing it even better. Some time in the future. We dont know what we will add or change and when we will do it.
Goodbye

in WvW

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

WvW is dead if one of the biggies (ESO,ArcheAge,CU) comes out and does a kitten job …I mean it doesn’t even have to be good…If it is remotely playable WvW is going tank in this game as people leave.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

I hope for ESO or CU.

in WvW

Nay of the Ether.8913

Well this thread went sour fast, way to go guys. This one gets tossed on the other complaints now :/ Sometimes it doesn’t hurt to give a little encouragement. I never said this was the fix-all for wvw. But it’s a step in the right direction. And while they didn’t specifically outline how they would make these changes, they were pretty clear on what changes were going to be made, and for the better imo.

And just in case you didn’t bother to actually read what it said:

• Better incentives and rewards for small groups and defense
  • Better incentives to run organized zergs rather than disorganized steamroll blobs
  • Better commander tools
  • More dynamic matchups (this one is a “meh” imo. I don’t particularly feel this will change much but it has potential to make it more interesting, time will tell)
  • Tweaks to server “nighttime” and while this one was left vague, any change to help low server population hours would be welcome if it does indeed help
  • Changing rules ( I assume similar to the “Flux” feature in GW1 which I think would be very interesting and fun)- http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Flux
  • Better functionality and variety for siege (yes I know the current view on siege is "zomg QQ siege " but I think if it had better counters it wouldn’t be such a large problem.

So feel free to flame and troll me, but those things seem pretty good imo. We don’t need details to see progress that could benefit wvw is being made. So like I said, never hurts to offer a little encouragement.

(edited by Nay of the Ether.8913)

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Humm, i still believe the problem is map and WvW design, no matter how much stuff they have on in, it will always be a stalled game or wit will get even more broken and yet WvW is the best this game has to offer as gameplay IMO.

“Better incentives and rewards for small groups and defense”

I understand this as siege having more damage to certain type of siege.(it should be like that from start or at least on first updates).

From his comment the only improvment is the commander stuff.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in WvW

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

me too

15 char.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

in WvW

Nay of the Ether.8913

Humm, i still believe the problem is map and WvW design, no matter how much stuff they have on in, it will always be a stalled game or wit will get even more broken and yet WvW is the best this game has to offer as gameplay IMO.

“Better incentives and rewards for small groups and defense”

I understand this as siege having more damage to certain type of siege.(it should be like that from start or at least on first updates).

From his comment the only improvment is the commander stuff.

There is one thing I agree with you on, and that’s new maps. They have mentioned it in past interviews and while I don’t think it’s coming with this one, or any soon, it will be coming. And yes, I totally agree, new maps would make a huge difference in not only providing new mechanics/incentives/refreshing gameplay, but also just make wvw more diverse in general. Not the same map every week with the same or almost same enemies you fight.

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

before being all negative about it,let’s see what changes are being made. but i think a test server would be an important thing, as problems like ac change and oil making people invulnerable, could be avoided like that. other than that i am pretty excited.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: rogerwilko.6895

rogerwilko.6895

Even the WXP is pretty much ‘advanced siege’ system, no meaningful rewards or tools for anyone that might like to actually play with their character.

What he said.

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

Well this thread went sour fast, way to go guys. This one gets tossed on the other complaints now :/ Sometimes it doesn’t hurt to give a little encouragement. I never said this was the fix-all for wvw. But it’s a step in the right direction. And while they didn’t specifically outline how they would make these changes, they were pretty clear on what changes were going to be made, and for the better imo.

• Better incentives to run organized zergs rather than disorganized steamroll blobs
  • Better commander tools
  • More dynamic matchups (this one is a “meh” imo. I don’t particularly feel this will change much but it has potential to make it more interesting, time will tell)
  • Tweaks to server “nighttime” and while this one was left vague, any change to help low server population hours would be welcome if it does indeed help
  • Changing rules ( I assume similar to the “Flux” feature in GW1 which I think would be very interesting and fun)- http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Flux
  • Better functionality and variety for siege (yes I know the current view on siege is "zomg QQ siege " but I think if it had better counters it wouldn’t be such a large problem.

So feel free to flame and troll me, but those things seem pretty good imo. We don’t need details to see progress that could benefit wvw is being made. So like I said, never hurts to offer a little encouragement.

Nobody flamed or trolled you, but you really need to grow up. Why on earth would you make a post to a public forum and then get all bent because some people simply disagreed with you??

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Nay of the Ether.8913

• Better commander tools

Nobody flamed or trolled you, but you really need to grow up. Why on earth would you make a post to a public forum and then get all bent because some people simply disagreed with you??

Most of them didn’t a few did and I saw one was deleted entirely. But I also know the track record of thee forums. It’s only a matter of time before they move in and the thread gets shut down. I don’t take it personally or get my feelers hurt. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Seems to me you got more offended by what I said than I did by what anyone else said. This was meant as a thank you thread, and while I knew hardly anyone would show thanks, I felt I owed the dev team a thank you and hopefully a place for others to show appreciation too. My retort to the ones that were arguing was to point out, either they didn’t read the interview at all, or just wanted to argue about it regardless because many key points were discussed that everyone seemed to overlook.

in WvW

Posted by: Sureshot.6725

Sureshot.6725

WvW is dead if one of the biggies (ESO,ArcheAge,CU) comes out and does a kitten job …I mean it doesn’t even have to be good…If it is remotely playable WvW is going tank in this game as people leave.

This and the sooner the better.

That way all these wanna-be developers that trash the best thing to happen in an MMO in a long time can move along and infect the forums of those new MMOs with their constant negativity.

@OP
Keep up the faith knowing WvW will just keep getting better and better and once those other MMOs release the community here will also get much better. There will always be plenty of players to keep WvW alive and fun =)

(edited by Sureshot.6725)