Exclusive WvW players?

Exclusive WvW players?

in WvW

Posted by: Natto.5819

Natto.5819

Q:

Now that WvW will get Legendary gear, it gives hope for this game mode. But looking at other Legendary gear, exclusive WvW players might be forced to do PvE in order to get some ingredients. So I have two questions:

1 – How many WvW players here play this made mode exclusively? As in you live and breathe in the borderlands, not even bothering to go to Lion’s Arch.

2 – Does Anet know that there are some WvW players that don’t do PvE and PvP?

Exclusive WvW players?

in WvW

Posted by: Sly.9518

Sly.9518

You do know that legednary backpacks so far are all specific to their gamemodes and don’t need anything outside their gamemode right? Pvp back doesn’t require anything outside of pvp and same with PvE backpiece

Exclusive WvW players?

in WvW

Natto.5819

You do know that legednary backpacks so far are all specific to their gamemodes and don’t need anything outside their gamemode right? Pvp back doesn’t require anything outside of pvp and same with PvE backpiece

Legendary PvP back needed PvE materials though.

Exclusive WvW players?

in WvW

Posted by: Sly.9518

Sly.9518

What PvE materials did it need? T6 mats? Those are gotten from reward tracks quite easily, and from Laurels which you get from just logging in…. so where do you have to PVE?

You don’t even need Mystic coins to make the Ascension trust me I know since I made one in s3

Exclusive WvW players?

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Its back item only so i would not call it “gear” and wvw has a lot to do with pve in effects wvw is its own pve contend with in a pvp environment. In a lot of ways Wvw players put more work into pve then pve players because wvw uses up a lot of items that pve players do not need to use. Wvw players use food and wrenches as well as siege pve players just use food and wrenches.

In a way wvw is a microcosmic of gw2 over all both pve and spvp and is a full use game type where pve can hid from pvp and spvp can hid from pve. Wvw cant hid from pve and it cant hid from pvp (spvp).

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Exclusive WvW players?

in WvW

Natto.5819

I guess WvW is close to PvE, and the gear can all be purchased without leaving the borderland. With the idea that there are new rewards, I’m worried about players who want the new Legendary will be disappointed that they need more than just WvW materials.

Exclusive WvW players?

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

I guess WvW is close to PvE, and the gear can all be purchased without leaving the borderland. With the idea that there are new rewards, I’m worried about players who want the new Legendary will be disappointed that they need more than just WvW materials.

As long as they do not lock it off in the super exclusive content of raids like they did with the armor its ok. Weapons have been all over the places and most wvw players can get them. Its just how painful raids can be that realty messed with the wvw players base.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Exclusive WvW players?

in WvW

Posted by: Magira.6390

Magira.6390

I spend 90% of my time in the WvW, the remaining time in the PVP. Legendarys do not matter to me, I’ve fully ascended Gear. Legendarys are pure cosmetics and have no better stats, I prefer to build siege weapons for my money.

(edited by Magira.6390)

Exclusive WvW players?

in WvW

Posted by: Blades Of Fatalis.1279

Blades Of Fatalis.1279

95% of my time in wvw. 5% dueling in guild halls.

Exclusive WvW players?

in WvW

Posted by: XenesisII.1540

XenesisII.1540

OP edit your post please, we are not getting “legendary gear”, we are getting a “legendary back piece”, don’t be misleading.

1. I would spent 100% in wvw, I only go to lion’s arch to use the mystic toilet, otherwise all my characters are parked in rata sum. I’ve been in pve when I’m extremely bored and have to farm for gold/mats.

2. I’m sure they know. How much does their metrics tell them of how many do wvw/pve or just wvw, who knows, they just don’t care as this game is pve focused.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“I knew it, I’m surrounded by…” – Dark Helmet

Exclusive WvW players?

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

What PvE materials did it need? T6 mats? Those are gotten from reward tracks quite easily, and from Laurels which you get from just logging in…. so where do you have to PVE?

You don’t even need Mystic coins to make the Ascension trust me I know since I made one in s3

Not to mention heavy loot bags for t6 mats – synthesizers.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.