Exiting Game to Prevent Stomp

in WvW

Posted by: XacTactX.6709

XacTactX.6709

I’m not sure how the game treats this situation but what happens if someone is downed and they log out. I have a feeling it doesn’t give any stomp points. This can be abused in PPT focused matches so one server denies the other thousands of points.

Anet likely didn’t want to remove the armor stats entirely because…well,
we’ve all seen what happens in games where there’s no disadvantage to taking your pants off.

in WvW

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

I am fairly certain if your session is dropped (or players drops their game) the player’s toon is still in game for a period of time after that. Have had drops in the past with guildies in vent indicating that toon is still there even though game client kicked back out to login. Toon stayed there until re-log was completed and then vanished.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

in WvW

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

I think all you get is the kill credit, but not the stomp point.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

And the player that left now has to spend 2 minutes to return to the game instead of just respawning and rejoining the fight.

When your disconnected your player stays in game for a little while till the server detects you lost connection or you attempt to rejoin the game.

When you alt+f4 or close the client, you disappear right away.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: Pavel.8531

Pavel.8531

Oh boy, all these close PPT matches lost until now, because of the thousands of points lost in this way… Good one, that will have me chuckling for days.

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

I really love to see people doing alt f4 just to avoid a stomp. I get my loot and wxp and the fact they need to spent some time to log back in and possibly sit in a queue really, i mean REALLY makes my day.

ALT F4 moar yo!

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

I really love to see people doing alt f4 just to avoid a stomp. I get my loot and wxp and the fact they need to spent some time to log back in and possibly sit in a queue really, i mean REALLY makes my day.

ALT F4 moar yo!

Guess what, some (most now?) servers don’t have queue. You may still get your loot/wxp, but your server doesn’t get the extra point(s).

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

ALT F4 moar yo!

Guess what, some (most now?) servers don’t have queue. You may still get your loot/wxp, but your server doesn’t get the extra point(s).

Are you defending Alt+F4?

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

Had it happen last night. I thought the guy had stealthed somehow (it was a Warrior, so, uh, weird) but I had him downed at range, went in for the stomp, and then he just disappeared and stayed that way. Anyone know how long the toon stays around after they quit the game? It was about 10 seconds before the guy disappeared.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

in WvW

XacTactX.6709

For those who are skeptical about this idea id like to say that I know it doesn’t happen all the time. The problem is that its a conflict of interest between normal gameplay and circumventing normal gameplay. It also has a good chance of turning into a race to the bottom. Say a t1 server has a server meeting and decides the following matchup is very important to them, all the major guilds decide to logout as an alternative to getting stomped. The other two servers will have to react by doing the same thing all for the sake of staying competitive.

we’ve all seen what happens in games where there’s no disadvantage to taking your pants off.

in WvW

Posted by: Pavel.8531

Pavel.8531

Say a t1 server has a server meeting and decides the following matchup is very important to them, all the major guilds decide to logout as an alternative to getting stomped. The other two servers will have to react by doing the same thing all for the sake of staying competitive.

Dude. Please. Stahp. You almost made me choke and die from laughing at this. 10/10

in WvW

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

I really doubt in the end this has a significant impact on points…I see it sometimes in WvW, but its often just a roamer who seems to not want to get a cow in the face. I’ve NEVER seen a significant group (5+) all do it to prevent stomps, so I doubt its a real issue. Just be glad you’re making them have to quit (and maybe even requeue!)

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

in WvW

Ark Bladesteele.2943

Just be glad you’re making them have to quit (and maybe even requeue!)

I do get satisfaction out of that knowledge.

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

What’s with all this ppt talk?

in WvW

XacTactX.6709

In t1 each server gets up to 100k points from bloodlust and sentries if they decided to do it it would have a significant impact on the final score.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Not only do I like it when the Alt-F4 out… I make it a point to hunt their guild for a while. I will tear through an enemy zerg to put guildies of lame players down.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Crunk n monkey.3749

Crunk n monkey.3749

Solution: For every player you see log out before they get stomped, kill a supply dolyak. Since a supply dolyak awards more points than a player stomp, you win.

Ascended Phoenix [ASH] – Gates of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: geekanerd.4123

geekanerd.4123

Dude, how mad does a guy have to be to alt-f4 before being stomped? I’ve seen it a few times, but not so frequently that I’d consider it a trending habit. Anyway, I’m proud of every cow kitten I’ve taken in the grill — least it means I died giving as good as I got. Sometimes. Every now and again dat zerg runs you over and there’s not much giving there.

[DIE] – FA
“Is it uplevel ranger season yet?”

in WvW

Posted by: Omnitek.3876

Omnitek.3876

Ive done it once. Been fighting him off and on all night. A mesmer, he killed me like 5 times. I downed him with like 5k HP left. I gloated, took my time, he cast his 3 skill (forgot he was a zerker mes) that thing hit like a truck and downed me. So mad at myself I did it.

Also, when you do it, you disappear instantly. There is no 10 sec delay that you stay in game in GW2. You just disappear.

A L T S
Skritt Happens

in WvW

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

If any server is organized enough that they can convince hundreds of people to Alt F4 while being stomped, then they shouldn’t be worrying about score in the first place.

I doubt they’ll even remember in the chaos of a ZvZ fight.

in WvW

Posted by: borrok.9267

borrok.9267

Dude, how mad does a guy have to be to alt-f4 before being stomped? I’ve seen it a few times, but not so frequently that I’d consider it a trending habit. Anyway, I’m proud of every cow kitten I’ve taken in the grill — least it means I died giving as good as I got. Sometimes. Every now and again dat zerg runs you over and there’s not much giving there.

People do it A LOT when you catch them roaming. I cond bombed a warrior and hit him with epi, his buddy died in like 3 sec and rage quit.

Teef master race

in WvW

Ark Bladesteele.2943

People do it A LOT when you catch them roaming. I cond bombed a warrior and hit him with epi, his buddy died in like 3 sec and rage quit.

Yes, this, exactly this. I 1v2’d a duo running into one of our camps and took out his thief buddy first, and I don’t know why but the ranger just straight up quit. Come on! At least the thief didn’t bail. They were in the same guild, too… I wonder how that conversation went.

in WvW

Posted by: borrok.9267

borrok.9267

Yes, this, exactly this. I 1v2’d a duo running into one of our camps and took out his thief buddy first, and I don’t know why but the ranger just straight up quit. Come on! At least the thief didn’t bail. They were in the same guild, too… I wonder how that conversation went.

I’d bet money they made the “cheese build op class” excuse and went back to PVE.

Teef master race

in WvW

Posted by: Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

They did fix this, where is someone Alt F4 you still get the loot from them, but like with the WvW lag, when they released a new patch, the patch undid this.

So I think players can Alt kittenain whenever they know they arent good enough.

The WvW Forum Poster Formerly Known As Omaris Mortuus Est

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

ALT F4 moar yo!

I really dont care i miss out a stomp point if they alt f4 out. The fact they need to spent some time getting back in and probably spent some silver to ress back at a wp is enough satisfying to me.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Jugglemonkey.8741

Jugglemonkey.8741

I refuse to let someone stomp me out of principle, but with the thief downed skills only classes that can port can stomp me before I die to AoE or otherwise. Frankly tho, if someone kills me 1v1 they deserve the kill, and it’s not like you can avoid the fact that you lost when you’re bleeding out.

Critical Kit, Thief.
Don’t follow me, unless you enjoy being chased by angry men with sticks.
Power Build Condi Build

in WvW

Posted by: Abe Kleine.3568

Abe Kleine.3568

Had it happen last night. I thought the guy had stealthed somehow (it was a Warrior, so, uh, weird) but I had him downed at range, went in for the stomp, and then he just disappeared and stayed that way. Anyone know how long the toon stays around after they quit the game? It was about 10 seconds before the guy disappeared.

If they logged out I think you MIGHT get the point, but if they ALT+F4 they completely shut down the application meaning they aren’t playing the game at all, its like a hard reset. It’s only happened to me like ONCE and I’ve only done it once or twice when a troll thief had been targeting my all day and finally got me down :P

in WvW

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

I’m not sure how the game treats this situation but what happens if someone is downed and they log out. I have a feeling it doesn’t give any stomp points. This can be abused in PPT focused matches so one server denies the other thousands of points.

Go kill more yaks, to make up for the loss of the few people that alt+f4 to avoid stomps.

I am so glad that I don’t play in a tier that gives a kitten about that junk. Even during the season, in silver league, no one was alt+f4 to avoid stomps, because of points. kittened.

If a person wants to deny you a point, at a cost of his convience, then so be it. But, I am sure that the whole zerg that you killed, is not exiting the game to avoid being stomped.

Anyways, most the time, in a zerg fight, the first few that drop are focused down, and it is usually after the battle is less hectic, and more under control when stomps start to happen. All those thousands of points you are losing, due to focusing enemies down.

in WvW

Posted by: Vajra.3914

Vajra.3914

I’m pretty sure right now u don’t get anything if the player close its client, even if u downed them, at least last time it happened (today) I didn’t get anything although I manage to down that guy (I’m pretty sure I hit enough for credit).

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

I do it all the time. If it means the enemy might get lessfewer points, that’s a bonus. But I don’t see my character getting stomped, and that’s the main thing.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

(edited by Svarty.8019)

in WvW

Posted by: Lawrencii.1356

Lawrencii.1356

I dont know about the stomps, but every time I am in a zerg fight and my client crash… When I log in again, my armor is broken.

¬ I A Euphy ¬ SoS ¬