Expansion WvW Content

Expansion WvW Content

in WvW

Posted by: Reaven.3958

Reaven.3958

So, with the upcoming release of details on HoT, and the constant talk of poor server matchups and stale WvW content, I’m curious what speculation there is out there of what might be included for WvW in the upcoming expansion. I’m also curious to hear the community’s feelings about the game should WvW continue to get pigeonholed in favor of other game modes like living story and sPvP.

Discuss!

Expansion WvW Content

in WvW

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

Or I dunno, wait until the release comes out in 3 days?

Expansion WvW Content

in WvW

Posted by: Rimmy.9217

Rimmy.9217

That in the PvE part of the expansion, players can get stomped by the monsters.

It’s about time that WvW leaked into PvE for a change. nods

Trollnado Ele – Ehmry Bay

Expansion WvW Content

in WvW

Posted by: Reaven.3958

Reaven.3958

Or I dunno, wait until the release comes out in 3 days?

I’m curious about the community’s expectations, lol. You’re missing the point.

Expansion WvW Content

in WvW

Posted by: Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

I think this will sum things up nicely.

Attachments:

The WvW Forum Poster Formerly Known As Omaris Mortuus Est

Expansion WvW Content

in WvW

Posted by: Joshhh.2076

Joshhh.2076

Or make all Sylvari players in PvE killable by everyone else?

Gandaran.

Expansion WvW Content

in WvW

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

If any WvW content is added I think it would be a small number of (hopefully simple) maps and some more stuff to spend points on. Everything else I’d want would be minor changes best handled through things like Sneak Attack trials. I wouldn’t want a massive overhaul of WvW that ruins everything.

Expansion WvW Content

in WvW

Posted by: xGraver.4918

xGraver.4918

You ppl make me laugh.

Where the hell do you ppl get such dreams and hopes for wvw??
There isn’t even 1 WvW dev in Anet last 2 were but to LS.

Expansion WvW Content

in WvW

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

You ppl make me laugh.

Where the hell do you ppl get such dreams and hopes for wvw??
There isn’t even 1 WvW dev in Anet last 2 were but to LS.

They’re obviously doing something with WvW or we wouldn’t have had sneak attack. Adding a new wvw exp line wouldn’t require a full dev team working 24/7.

Expansion WvW Content

in WvW

Posted by: Trick.9370

Trick.9370

According to this advertisement for gw2 I should believe they communicate with the fan base of WvW to make it better and better:

Maybe this time?

Xcefior – dd ele
All alone in space and time.
There’s nothing here but whats here is mine.

Expansion WvW Content

in WvW

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

Not holding my breath and will be basing my future with this game on this update

Expansion WvW Content

in WvW

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

My expectation is zero, based on previous experience. Maybe they will surprise us.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

Expansion WvW Content

in WvW

Posted by: xGraver.4918

xGraver.4918

One of my guild members will have an interview with someone from Anet about WvW and GvG on the 24th. The recorded video will be broadcasted later on her Twitch channel:

http://www.twitch.tv/reyana_atac

I hope this helps.

The only thing she will get is "We are working on many intresting things but i can’t tell you what, we will tell whats coming “Soon” when its more finished."

Expansion WvW Content

in WvW

Posted by: Rimmy.9217

Rimmy.9217

Or make all Sylvari players in PvE killable by everyone else?

Hmmm, I have a Sylvari engineer… if he becomes killable by other people in PvE, I’d use him more and accept the challenge!

Trollnado Ele – Ehmry Bay

Expansion WvW Content

in WvW

Posted by: Akeldama.4738

Akeldama.4738

Possibly an implementation of an EotM-esque alliance AvAvA system using something similar to EotM’s current Green vs Blue vs Green alliance matchups. Maybe keeping home PvE server activities unique to themselves in order to continue a ranking system, assigning Alliance team sides via the servers’ colors/ranks for that week, kind of as they do now: Green (1st with 4th and 7th), Blue (2nd with 5th and 8th), Red (3rd with 6th and 9th). But they’d need to add at least 1 or 2 more full sized maps to house that many populations, while leaving EotM as the queue overflow in the event that all maps have a queue.

Who knows maybe they’ll just continue to foster the current bland “trio matchup” system. Time will tell. /shrug

– [Phalanx Formation] Jade Quarry Guard
“Ah, the mind of an irrational gamer, where injustice abounds.”

Expansion WvW Content

in WvW

Posted by: Respawn.6802

Respawn.6802

Whatever they do it will now have to compete with another AvAvA game.
TESO is dropping the subscription requirement mid March so if what they are offering for world PvP is more attractive to a large group of players (and I do understand its overall system isn’t appealing to just as many) WvW might take a noticable hit.

Fortunately Anet have had more time to develop and actively update their version of WvW so they shouldn’t be in any trouble.

Expansion WvW Content

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

The only thing worthy of being called an expansion is:

1. New maps.
  2. New modes. i.e. a different style of PvP like TA, RA, GvG, Ft. Aspenwood style battles in GW1.

Simply changing things like rules or adding things like more siege in the current WvW is not enough to be called an expansion that you have to pay for.

For a game that has such great combat, the PvP features in GW2 are seriously lacking. They need new modes. I’d love a GW1 Ft. Aspenwood battle. That was some of the best fun I’ve ever had in a game – spent endless hours playing it.

Expansion WvW Content

in WvW

Posted by: Baratta.1083

Baratta.1083

I honestly don’t think they will do much for the WvW community at all. This is clearly evident from the way we get nothing for the past two years. It is quite sad all they do for this game is the living story. We get no attention from Anet except for a week of no white swords or something that is really irrelevant.
The match-ups have been really broken for months and they do nothing but let it continue week after week. I see a lot of people say it’s because they don’t make money from WvW in the gem store. I would buy stuff from the gem store more often if it was actually something good like upgraded siege or good looking armor. Anet is missing the boat with it’s WvW community.
I really hope they fix it soon though because it is getting harder and harder to log in.

Expansion WvW Content

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

I honestly don’t think they will do much for the WvW community at all. This is clearly evident from the way we get nothing for the past two years. It is quite sad all they do for this game is the living story. We get no attention from Anet except for a week of no white swords or something that is really irrelevant.

So many dishonest posters in the WvW area of the forums. Sure, complain about the real issues, but do not lie and claim “we get nothing” and “no Anet attention”, because we know that is a load.

-They took out the water and added an entire new mechanic for points for spiking.

-They added righteous indignation to prevent flip spamming. Made multiple changes to it.

-Removed orbs from EB.

-Added WvW seasons.

-Added, restructured WvW trait lines.

-Ran tests for PPK

-Ran test for sword removal.

-Completely changed population cap per server map.

-Completely changed AoE cap to 5 due to massive community outcry.

-Completely changed boon buff cap due to massive community outcry

-Added different PIN colors.

-Added Art of war upgrades.

-Added siege razor to aid with under populated times on a server.

-Added new maps through edge of the mist due to massive community outcry

- Added siege names to the build sites to prevent troll siege from being built.

- Added slimmed down ram build sites.

- Added siege disablers.

The match-ups have been really broken for months and they do nothing but let it continue week after week.

What are they supposed to do about it? It is completely the players fault. They had a CDI on the topic, and are formulating a plan.

I see a lot of people say it’s because they don’t make money from WvW in the gem store.

And? A lot of people claimed the earth was flat for hundreds of years. Do you believe every thing you hear? I have a bridge you may be interested in, in Arizona. WvW players buy the same things PvE players do.

I would buy stuff from the gem store more often if it was actually something good like upgraded siege or good looking armor. Anet is missing the boat with it’s WvW community.

Eh, the stuff on the gem store isn’t for everyone, true enough. Most of it I am indifferent about. To be fair though, they have had a few things I was interested enough to purchase. They do miss out on offering items that would be interesting, specifically to the WvW community though, I agree with you on that for sure.

As well, I do agree that they are missing the boat with the WvW community. Personally, my main concern are those using dishonest tactics, glitches, and third party systems to get to places they shouldn’t be able too. Otherwise, I still have a very good time, on almost a daily bases in WvW.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

(edited by coglin.1867)

Expansion WvW Content

in WvW

Posted by: Baratta.1083

Baratta.1083

Whatever you say fanboi….The hackers bots and all the other crap they don’t address is BS WvW is completely garbage in the state it is in atm. Oh boy siege razor a couple of garbage things that don’t mean squat like the out manned buff…now that is a joke. But I guess WvW is perfect and working as intended.
The proof of it working properly is in the declining WvW population.

(edited by Baratta.1083)

Expansion WvW Content

in WvW

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Expansion WvW Content

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

The match-ups have been really broken for months and they do nothing but let it continue week after week. I see a lot of people say it’s because they don’t make money from WvW in the gem store. I would buy stuff from the gem store more often if it was actually something good like upgraded siege or good looking armor. Anet is missing the boat with it’s WvW community.
I really hope they fix it soon though because it is getting harder and harder to log in.

If ANet thinks that W3 players don’t buy gems they are nuts. There are tons of people in W3 maps wearing top hats, arctic explorer outfits, Phalanx armor, etc. If they want MORE gem sales from W3 players they need to tailor their gemstore items more to W3 players. The backflags they put out were pretty good. Seeing quite a few of those around. Make the backflags bigger with more customizable graphics on them though. Make it almost like a rally signal/ghetto tag.

But you say, “WE give you special finishers for WvWvW.” Super duper I say. How about something that makes my treb look like a Risen treb. Skins for siege would be a potential moneymaker. Guild siege looks a TON better than normal skins, and some, SOME, might pay some money to make their siege look super special (sarcasm….but maybe not).

The biggest thing they could do imo is to refine and reimagine some things. The PPK was a good start, but then was gone. Turn white swords into a signal fire or something so I don’t need to keep my map open. I could just look at NWT to see if there’s a fight there. How about making the outmanned buff a real buff for a change. If your realm is outmanned give each player an extra 200 toughness and 200 power across the board. How bout we get some variation to the map? Oh, you say, “but that would make it unequal for all realms.” Really? You can’t design 3 different maps that are equally difficult/easy to attack and defend? You aren’t trying very hard then.

(edited by Kaiser.9873)

Expansion WvW Content

in WvW

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

Confirmed, new map for WvW, Borderland rotation, core changes to WvW, including defense becoming more important.

Expansion WvW Content

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

Confirmed, new map for WvW, Borderland rotation, core changes to WvW, including defense becoming more important.

New map for real W3, or a new EotM “W3” map? Like the idea of defense getting rewards. I don’t do it often, but props to those who do. I also heard something about guild halls so GvG guilds can do their thing there when not open fielding? True/False?

Expansion WvW Content

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

defense becoming more important.

Clearly something people wanted more of……

I also distinctly remember from Devon’s blog post that capping something should be more important than holding it. Guess coverage is gonna be more important now then.

Expansion WvW Content

in WvW

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

Let’s hope that along with ‘defence becoming more important’ that you actually get rewarded for defending, otherwise after a while no one will bother.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

Expansion WvW Content

in WvW

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

1 new map in 2.5 years. Hopefully it’s at least massive.

Expansion WvW Content

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

1 new map in 2.5 years. Hopefully it’s at least massive.

Hopefully it’s balanced and brings something fresh to wvw without all the PVE nonsense, like we see in EoTM.

Holding objectives for longer just means the Server with more Coverage will dominate still, unless they actually make WvW Competitive on that side.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

Expansion WvW Content

in WvW

Posted by: Devon

Devon

You will all get to see a lot more of the map soon. We’ve certainly tried to learn lessons from the original map as well as Edge of the Mists in order to take this new version to a new level for WvW.

Expansion WvW Content

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Devs seems to think that wvw idea is something else than run round with guild blob and spam 1.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

Expansion WvW Content

in WvW

Posted by: misterman.1530

misterman.1530

I am hoping they somehow provide a handicap for vastly outnumbered servers. Otherwise, a new map is just something else we don’t have the numbers to cover.

Expansion WvW Content

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Gvg within wvw dead? Sounds like a proper gvg with rankings in the new pvp map which sounded more like the gw1 style…..

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

Expansion WvW Content

in WvW

Posted by: Pavel.8531

Pavel.8531

I have stopped playing GW2 for quite a while… and I will continue so and reserve my judgement. I haven’t even heard about this… expansion? Nor I cared, really. When it comes out – I will watch some reviews, read some forums, even wait a month maybe… then decide what to do. The rose glasses are long gone.

Expansion WvW Content

in WvW

Posted by: obastable.5231

obastable.5231

Does the expansion:

- address scoring problems
- fix population and coverage imbalances
- give better rewards for scouting and defending
- give better rewards for WvW in general
- support GvG in any way that doesn’t at all involve the restricted constraints of sPvP?

A map is nice, but also pointless if it doesn’t fix the issues that have caused you to lose enough population to make it pointless having more than 1 (sometimes 2) maps on all but a handful of servers during their prime times or on ANY server during off hours.

Hello Kitty Krewe
“Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare!”

(edited by obastable.5231)

Expansion WvW Content

in WvW

Posted by: SkylightMoon.1980

SkylightMoon.1980

I would glady be a ppt hero but the reason I never have is simply because of the ppt system. I think thats why a lot of people do. But I think that the scoring system is priority over anything else. Just merge serverss?

Expansion WvW Content

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

You will all get to see a lot more of the map soon. We’ve certainly tried to learn lessons from the original map as well as Edge of the Mists in order to take this new version to a new level for WvW.

I’m really happy about everything you guys have been presenting today! Thank you very much, it really feels like you are listening to the community.

I hope the older WvW maps get a makeover to bring them to the level of the new map.

Best!

Gvg within wvw dead? Sounds like a proper gvg with rankings in the new pvp map which sounded more like the gw1 style…..

It really depends on the player amount on the new PvP maps.

Expansion WvW Content

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I think the best right now is hopefully optimistic. If they take the best of the current WvW maps and build from that, it will be good. If they build form EotM, it will be trouble.

Expansion WvW Content

in WvW

Posted by: Hamster.4861

Hamster.4861

Can someone link to where they have the announcement and its content posted?

Expansion WvW Content

in WvW

Posted by: Turamarth.3248

Turamarth.3248

Brandar – Kodash [DE]
[SPQR]

Expansion WvW Content

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

I’m really happy about everything you guys have been presenting today! Thank you very much, it really feels like you are listening to the community.

I hope the older WvW maps get a makeover to bring them to the level of the new map.

Best!

It really depends on the player amount on the new PvP maps.

Yea was odd they didn’t say group/party size. Waste of time and resources if still 5, but when they mentioned gw1 was think fort aspenwood or jade quarry for group size….

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

Expansion WvW Content

in WvW

Posted by: Berk.8561

Berk.8561

TESO is dropping the subscription requirement mid March so if what they are offering for world PvP is more attractive to a large group of players (and I do understand its overall system isn’t appealing to just as many) WvW might take a noticable hit.

I tried the TESO beta and didn’t stick with it because of the subscription. I’ll be taking another look when it goes free to play.

Kerzic [CoI] – Ranger – Eredon Terrace

Expansion WvW Content

in WvW

Posted by: Naz.2607

Naz.2607

Does the expansion:

- address scoring problems
- fix population and coverage imbalances
- give better rewards for scouting and defending
- give better rewards for WvW in general
- support GvG in any way that doesn’t at all involve the restricted constraints of sPvP?

A map is nice, but also pointless if it doesn’t fix the issues that have caused you to lose enough population to make it pointless having more than 1 (sometimes 2) maps on all but a handful of servers during their prime times or on ANY server during off hours.

^this
A new map may be nice but, it’s kinda low on my totem pole.
The list above plus ~ fixing 2 year old bugs, and adding some kind of raid UI/Party system are where it’s at for me.

Naz ©

Expansion WvW Content

in WvW

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

I tried the TESO beta and didn’t stick with it because of the subscription. I’ll be taking another look when it goes free to play.

It’s not going Free to play. It’s going Buy to play (similar to GW2).

Expansion WvW Content

in WvW

Posted by: Berk.8561

Berk.8561

It’s not going Free to play. It’s going Buy to play (similar to GW2).

Yes, I know (I was thinking “buy to play” and typed “free to play”). I liked the Beta enough that I’m fine with that. I don’t want a recurring cost.

Kerzic [CoI] – Ranger – Eredon Terrace

Expansion WvW Content

in WvW

Posted by: Missy.6803

Missy.6803

Coglin,
That list is very true and we WvWers are happy about it and hopefully things to come….. but do you care to make a list of PvE updates that have happened? I promise you the list is easily 10 times as long. It’s also taken from release to now for that list. That list length is what PvE updates are each time it seems, haha. Don’t forgot the PvP world either….I believe they’ve had less love and attention than WvW has. In fact now it’s easier to get rank 80. A slap to the face for PvPers in my opinion.

Yes PvE is what their majority player base is and should definitely be their focus and more updated part. I understand that as a PvX guild officer; you adjust to your members and what they want/like, but you also try harder to get people into the lesser areas, WvW and PvP. There is a great game imbalance. The game cannot stand on PvE alone.

I think a better question is, what updates does the WvW community want regularly? It can’t be updated as often as PvE, but there are mechanics that can be inputted periodically or small test sessions like what just happened thrown in once every 2 months or something. There is a lot of people reaching out wanting more WvW love from Anet, but they also need to remember WvW is not PvE and can’t be treated as such with having updates put out so frequently. Once every 4-6 months doesn’t cut it though either.

~ Scorned Siren ~Tarnished Coast ~
Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP] Co-Leader/WvW Commander
espguild.com

(edited by Missy.6803)

Expansion WvW Content

in WvW

Posted by: ZhouFusion.1826

ZhouFusion.1826

I can’t believe the negativity from people today.
We don’t know enything, We just know a few big lines.

ITS ALL IN THE DETAILS.

And details can go either way.
and WE made EotM a karma farm.
Its up to us if WE decided to make the new BL maps a karma farm or make it interesting and fun.

Expansion WvW Content

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

I think the best right now is hopefully optimistic. If they take the best of the current WvW maps and build from that, it will be good. If they build form EotM, it will be trouble.

Read the description:

• “navigate treacherous heights”
  • “traps that blow your foes to the depths below”
  • “ferocious defenders to help keep the enemies at bay”

Very clearly a natural extension of EotM. It’s pretty clear they’ve learned nothing. Plus zero talk of dealing with what’s really killing WvW: copulation and coverage.

Expansion WvW Content

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

Pretty much, but people enjoyed that mode in GW1 from what I’ve heard, it’s a nice change from Conquest. Hopefully it’s at least 8v8.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

Expansion WvW Content

in WvW

Posted by: pepper.6179

pepper.6179

Read the description:

• “navigate treacherous heights”
  • “traps that blow your foes to the depths below”
  • “ferocious defenders to help keep the enemies at bay”

Very clearly a natural extension of EotM. It’s pretty clear they’ve learned nothing. Plus zero talk of dealing with what’s really killing WvW: copulation and coverage.

yup those 3 points seem to be troubling. But only time will tell.

[SA]

Expansion WvW Content

in WvW

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

The main problem with EOTM was that it wasn’t linked to actual servers. If the new map is part of the normal WvW rotations and is actually fun to play, you’d bet it would see a lot of action.