Expansion and Population Balance

in WvW

Posted by: Joey.2769

Joey.2769

Just wondering if the Devs are working on ways to deal with WvW and the population balance. Maybe a new way to tally scores not the old PPT. I don’t claim to have an answer, I’ve seen a lot of ideas on the forum over the last 2+ years. I just want to know if this is something that might be addressed in the new expansion.

Commander X Swagalicious X
Commander Twerknificient
Joey Bladow

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

I had a thought on this the other day for a solution… Doubt it will be put in effect but:

matches decided by population log in:

at the end of each week, it tallies up how many people logged into wvw for each server then matches them accordingly.

- If guilds transferred then the match up is only a blow out for that week.
- PPT and matches would be more balanced in general

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

Joey.2769

Yeah I really hope they address it in some way. Currently the only way to deal with the population imbalance is to go to a stacked server which then causes the problem to continue in this iterative process.

Commander Twerknificient
Joey Bladow

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

From what I can tell, they’ve done nothing to even try to fix this issue.

The only way I see it happening is redistributing the population by reducing the number of tiers (ie shut down servers).

in WvW

Posted by: Crius.5487

Crius.5487

Yeah I really hope they address it in some way. Currently the only way to deal with the population imbalance is to go to a stacked server which then causes the problem to continue in this iterative process.

Depends if you’re talking about population differences between tiers or population differences of servers within the same tier.

Jade Quarry since Beta

in WvW

Joey.2769

Besides T1 and T2

Commander Twerknificient
Joey Bladow

in WvW

Posted by: oscuro.9720

oscuro.9720

Population is fine. If you feel like no one is on, it’s because there
A) isn’t a tag and ur a zergling, so stop complaining and learn how to do things in small group or solo (probably not anyone on the forums, but still worth pointing out)
B) you need to learn to be the leader. Tagging up isn’t bad if you want to get people together to do something progressive. I garuntee that people just like you are on the map.
Sometimes it only takes one person to change a server

Fixing the ppt would be nice but I have noticed it has been a bit more accurate after the last 2 patches. May be something that is getting fixed slowly, or just a coincidence

in WvW

Joey.2769

Population is fine. If you feel like no one is on, it’s because there
A) isn’t a tag and ur a zergling, so stop complaining and learn how to do things in small group or solo (probably not anyone on the forums, but still worth pointing out)
B) you need to learn to be the leader. Tagging up isn’t bad if you want to get people together to do something progressive. I garuntee that people just like you are on the map.
Sometimes it only takes one person to change a server

Fixing the ppt would be nice but I have noticed it has been a bit more accurate after the last 2 patches. May be something that is getting fixed slowly, or just a coincidence

Your condescension is noted, but I’ll still give you a quick reply because I’m bored.

A. I am no zergling and have been playing WvW since BWE and driven/drive for open raid and GvG guilds.

B. I have a tag and have no problem militia commanding.

Unlike you, who not doubt comes from a server that is probably dominating the others or at least is on a tier with equal numbers, I decided to take a break from T1 and explore other tiers to see what’s up. Outside of T1 and T2 there ARE notable population differences, and guess what it on get exasperated when Server A with around the clock bigger WvW population T3s everything. I have no problem popping said keeps or towers but I only play for a few hours a night. When my guild doesn’t rally Server A dominates all the BLs or EBG. The servers in T1 and T2 know population is a big deal hence why they recruit so heavily.

WvW active population is out of balance. Maybe get your head out of the hole it’s in before you talk next time.

Commander Twerknificient
Joey Bladow