Expantion 2, new elite traits unlock in wvw

in WvW

Posted by: AlanCMD.9205

AlanCMD.9205

Hi, I wonder if Anet is going to allow us to use proofs of heroics to unlock new elite traits in wvw at launch day?

If they are going to use new currency to unlock the new elite traits…I hope that it can be obtained via skirmish chests (just like proofs of heroics).

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

Hi, I wonder if Anet is going to allow us to use proofs of heroics to unlock new elite traits in wvw at launch day?

If they are going to use new currency to unlock the new elite traits…I hope that it can be obtained via skirmish chests (just like proofs of heroics).

if you have got all hero points available in the game, at this moment, then after maxing everything you are left with roughtly 300 spare ones

which means that if they stay at same cost to max a spec as the first gen elite specs – you should be able to buy it out on day one and still have spare hero points

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

I don’t think Anet allows people to skip new content just by using proofs to unlock the new elites.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

I don’t think Anet allows people to skip new content just by using proofs to unlock the new elites.

Except they did with HoT.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

in WvW

Offair.2563

No they did not, proofs got added way later into the expansion. And even then you could not buy those level thingies.

Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

phokus.8934

No they did not, proofs got added way later into the expansion. And even then you could not buy those level thingies.

You can use proofs to unlock the new elites as they grant hero points.

Edit: And to add, proofs have been in since HoT.
Cite: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/earning-hero-points-in-world-vs-world/

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

(edited by phokus.8934)

in WvW

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

Nobody knows for sure if they will allow WvW players to once again skip all the new content when leveling this new elite spec. As mentioned, when HoT first came out they forced the WvW population to grind the new maps with everyone else too but after the outcry they later introduced hero points that you got through leveling ranks.

in WvW

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

if you have got all hero points available in the game, at this moment, then after maxing everything you are left with roughtly 300 spare ones

which means that if they stay at same cost to max a spec as the first gen elite specs – you should be able to buy it out on day one and still have spare hero points

i have ALL skill unlocked and have ALL the existing Hero Points..

i have a total of 363 free point to spend :P

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

in WvW

phokus.8934

Nobody knows for sure if they will allow WvW players to once again skip all the new content when leveling this new elite spec. As mentioned, when HoT first came out they forced the WvW population to grind the new maps with everyone else too but after the outcry they later introduced hero points that you got through leveling ranks.

It came out at the time of HoT.

in WvW

Posted by: Famine.7915

Famine.7915

They were added for players that don’t play or enjoy the pve content so as not to force them to do so (obviously not new players). Very likely you will be able to use proofs at launch.

Vee/Volk
Maguuma – Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Necromancer

in WvW

Hexalot.8194

Getting Hero points via WvW wasn’t available at launch of HoT. This was a concession given by Anet a bit later.

in WvW

Posted by: ThomasC.1056

ThomasC.1056

Eventhough buying PoH was a concession that came later after the HoT launch, it’s now an establish system. As far as I’m concerned, I’d be really upset if they put that system aside for PoF… There’s no rational reason for that beyond the “it’s new, so you’ve got to sweat to get it.”

That said, have you seen there now were elite specs NPC’s ? the holosmith and mirage were in the demo map. I’m wondering whether they’ll stick to HoT system, or they’ll put a more PvE thing like a quest to unlock the elite spec… If it’s the latter, WvW hardcore will be doomed.

in WvW

Posted by: XenesisII.1540

XenesisII.1540

Getting Hero points via WvW wasn’t available at launch of HoT. This was a concession given by Anet a bit later.

They announced they were doing proof of heroics on Oct 19th 2015, HoT launched Oct 23rd 2015.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“I knew it, I’m surrounded by…” – Dark Helmet

in WvW

phokus.8934

They announced they were doing proof of heroics on Oct 19th 2015, HoT launched Oct 23rd 2015.

It’s as if people are just making things up.

I guess they overlooked the link that I pasted…

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/earning-hero-points-in-world-vs-world/

in WvW

Offair.2563

Yes you can buy those scrolls now, not on launch of HoT, perhaps a cpl months later.

in WvW

Hexalot.8194

Yes you can buy those scrolls now, not on launch of HoT, perhaps a cpl months later.

Exactly. I don’t care what date that link says, I remember clearly having to haul my butt over to the new maps under protest to grind hero points. I also remember the hue and cry about it and ANet giving in afterwards.

in WvW

Posted by: Malerian.8435

Malerian.8435

I really hope they do let us skip it. I mean I will eventually do the LS and PvE stuff n things. But my main focus is and most likely always will be WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Sylvyn.4750

Sylvyn.4750

Hmm…after reading that post, though, they specifically got rid of the ability for people to use stockpiled vials of liquid experience and required them to start grinding for the new proof of heroics in WvW so the Hero Points would be earned at the same time or rate as people in PvE were earning them. There is the potential that they could require a new currency in both PvE and WvW to start the PoF hero point grind all over, just like they did for HoT, and not let stockpiled Proof of Heroics or even Hero Points be used for the new specializations. Hope I’m wrong, though…

in WvW

Posted by: XenesisII.1540

XenesisII.1540

In any case it was something they had planned before release, it’s not like it was something that was begged for by the players and they caved in to demands after release.

I don’t think they have a problem with the way it worked out with HoT or they would have made changes, so they probably will continue on with this type of system into PoF. They’ll probably use another set of proofs specific to PoF so that players are not stock piling the proof of heroics beforehand.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“I knew it, I’m surrounded by…” – Dark Helmet