[Exploit/Tricks?] how to deny area effect

in WvW

Posted by: Thomy.9816

Thomy.9816

Actually, we can see a strategy who consist to stack all player in big numbers at the same point, and dont move.

I think it’s a collateral damage from the introduction of area effect limitation of 5 targets with the condition of proximity.

It give to players the possibilities to rez in fight, and deny all damage income on many people in the cell. In any situations, open area or structures.

We must admit, this game design (limitation of ae) dont work very well. All palyers are going to do this boring gameplay and give no chance to the outnumbered servers. All server begin to see more and more peoples playing like this, I think, it’s time to stop this drift…

And you? What you think?

PS: this strat is used coupled with TP from mesmer, who is an other problem, no limitation of how many people can use the TP are implemented actually…

(edited by Thomy.9816)

in WvW

Posted by: ComeAndSee.1356

ComeAndSee.1356

I don’t know about you, but getting hit for 2500 a tick by Elemantist AOE is absurd.

Sha Nari – 80 Guardian (http://bit.ly/12RNvtK)
Lorella Windrunner – 80 Thief
Shayera Nightfall – 80 Mesmer

in WvW

Thomy.9816

We don’t talk here about how many damage you can take from a class, the problem is the consequence of a choice to decrease stacking ae.

in WvW

Posted by: Clownshoes.5463

Clownshoes.5463

IF you were listening hard enough when that patch went live, you could actually hear the palm of a Dev hit their forehead.

in WvW

Posted by: Comaetilico.3645

Comaetilico.3645

AoE limit is fine as it is… and I’m an elementalist…

if u ask those that were on Warhammer they will probably all answear the same… I still remember how a few Bright wizard/sorcerer could hold a keep against 40+ people by simply spamming their RoF/PoS on chokepoint… if u remove the target limit or rise it too much it will simply turn every keep/tower siege into a “wait for them to take down the gate and than cover it of AoE” … in choke point where everyone is forced to pass if every aoe it every target u only need 5/6 player to kill an infinite amount of player (avarage of 2,5k dmg per second * 6 = 15k dmg per second, add an aoe chill or cripple to expand the time the enemy need to spend within your aoe and u will not even fear invulnerability skil)… and there is no skill or tactics involved into this… simply stay put and spam toghether AoE on a same location… I still remember vividly a video of 2 Bright wizard wiping over 20 player… simply because they were able to hit every single enemy at the same time…

in WvW

Thomy.9816

I’ve played daoc and warhammer too… but in warhammer i remember an efficient friendly bodyblock…

in WvW

Posted by: SilencingMachine.5049

SilencingMachine.5049

I do miss the character collision from Warhammer……you could run through your friendly players and if you couldn’t, it meant a stealther was near! haha……you could use it so tanks actually DID act like meat shields…..it kept cheese players from running in and back through targets to attack…and more….it was very nice…but VERY performance heavy as well.

-Naturale
Huntsmen(HM) elem
Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: maloki.3527

maloki.3527

There are plenty of counters to these balls. and effects that “target more than 5 people” even if it might counts as an AoE.

We’ve done amazing splits and killed off a 40man ball in 15s (felt like it at least, but think 30s if that helps you), with just about 25 people, because we knew what skills and utilities to use!

Maloki – Asura Necro/Sylvari Ele –
@Farshiverpeaks
You’re dumb. You’ll die, and you’ll leave a dumb corpse

in WvW

Posted by: dirtyklingon.2918

dirtyklingon.2918

the stacking turtle strat is easily countered and by far fewer numbers than in teh stack.

who doesn’t love wow clones?

in WvW

Thomy.9816

Thx we needed more troll…

but the fact is they are too many people who are playing like this, and this broken gameplay.

Correct the stack of ae with a failure in game play, its less absurd?

in WvW

Posted by: Star.2037

Star.2037

There are plenty of counters to these balls. and effects that “target more than 5 people” even if it might counts as an AoE.

We’ve done amazing splits and killed off a 40man ball in 15s (felt like it at least, but think 30s if that helps you), with just about 25 people, because we knew what skills and utilities to use!

this^

its actually very easy to counter. i would rather figure out a solution then just have everything changed thats …a bit of a challenge? thats more boring to me.

Stàr ^..^
Fist of the Empire

(edited by Star.2037)