Exploit due to Anets options - Arrow Carts

in WvW

Posted by: pcpsong.3850

pcpsong.3850

Arenanet you need to look at your windowed mode and stop this.

Place an arrow cart, either defending or attacking doesn’t matter.

Put your screen into windowed mode, drag it as wide as it’ll go, make it as shallow as it you want it and all of a sudden you can see (therefore attack) parts of the tower you shouldn’t be able too.

It’s not hack it’s just exploiting the tools Arenanet gave us which makes defending towers next to impossible when it’s being used all the time.

Plug the hole Arenanet

Song – Mesmer
[VcY] Velocity – www.velocityeugaming.com

in WvW

Posted by: Chiolas.1326

Chiolas.1326

Hugh Norfolk says this is still too vague

Quit WvW and Gw2 in August 2013

in WvW

Posted by: Arpheus.6918

Arpheus.6918

A possible fast fix could be that as soon as you use an arrow cart the screen part which shouldnt be available (through window mode zooming) is blackened out so that even with that trick you only see as much as you would see otherwise in fullscreen mode.
I think that could work. Or simply blacken out that screen part on the entire WvW maps so that you also cannot select targets which you shouldnt.

in WvW

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Hugh Norfolk says this is still too vague

Where did he say that?…Just curious…..Pretty obvious that when players change the aspect above 16:9 or 16:10 or go above 1080, they are able to see/target around walls. I don’t get what’s vague. It’s very easy to replicate. “Vague” kinda sounds like a cop out, since it’s obvious.

Serenity now~Insanity later

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

I think they should allow all players to see around walls when on an AC but code in overhead obstruction. That may be a huge undertaking but if it isn’t a better system IMO.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Shademehr.1397

Shademehr.1397

Maintain the aspect ratio (I think that’s the correct term). If you shrink the size one direction (horizontal), the other direction (vertical) automatically shrinks too.

I’ll confess I don’t know how (or if) this would affect people with multiple monitors though.

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Where did he say that

Pretty sure he was making a jab at Anet. After one of them commented that countles reports, including VIDEOS, of how to bug into a tower with certain abilities, were “vague”. And therefor something they didnt really get on their radar for almost a year.

Which is ofcourse just silly really. And this is one of those similar exploits that have been reported over and over ing reat length and detail, and yet i dont think ever provoked any response other then the occaisional locking of the thread for telling people how to exploit.

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Arenanet you need to look at your windowed mode and stop this.

Place an arrow cart, either defending or attacking doesn’t matter.

Put your screen into windowed mode, drag it as wide as it’ll go, make it as shallow as it you want it and all of a sudden you can see (therefore attack) parts of the tower you shouldn’t be able too.

It’s not hack it’s just exploiting the tools Arenanet gave us which makes defending towers next to impossible when it’s being used all the time.

Plug the hole Arenanet

It has been done several times while I have been in WvW – and I haven’t been in that much.

This is an exploit that has been passed around quite a bit over the last month…

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in WvW

Posted by: JanNier Kryn Yaren.7968

JanNier Kryn Yaren.7968

This explains a lot and me being paranoid and assuming it was zoom hack.

in WvW

Posted by: lioka qiao.8734

lioka qiao.8734

The way to fix it is to make arrow carts able to target only in a 16:9 area in the center of the screen.

Little red Lioka

in WvW

pcpsong.3850

Yeah it’s not zoom hack at all it’s just manipulating aspect ratio.

It’d be nice for Arenanet to actually acknowledge this, no clue how they’d fix it though!

Song – Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

Has anyone considered making ACs work like Catapults? You have to aim a direction and then a power. This would make them more static (easier to evade), eliminate ALL the issues of ground targeting, and reduce the rate of fire at max range.

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

Has anyone considered making ACs work like Catapults? You have to aim a direction and then a power. This would make them more static (easier to evade), eliminate ALL the issues of ground targeting, and reduce the rate of fire at max range.

If it requires recoding (which it does) it isn’t going to happen.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

This has been in the game since launch. Arrow Carts are broken. They should require line of sight just like all the other siege weapons. Yet for some weird reason Arenanet buffed them and gave us overpowered WXP traits, while any sane developer would made sure that AC is the last siege weapon to be buffed (until it gets fixed). It is as if the devs really don’t spend much time playing their own game. Since Autumn 2012 we have been having threads and complaints like this about ACs and these complaints are well-founded.

What will be have next? Golem mastery? Giving new golem skills. One button press make all the walls of enemy keep crumble down?

I really hope not.

All the WXP traits should be revalued and players should be given an option (e.g. 100 badges) to reset their WXP traits, which should be account bound. Some WXP traits are underpowered e.g. mercenary’s bane (+5% dmg against Quaggan/Hylek/Ogre/Dredge mercenaries) and some are totally overpowered e.g. 2.5k extra health from defense against guards.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: Have No Faith In Me.1840

Have No Faith In Me.1840

Well this explains why I see arrow carts firing in BS spots with its placement and I’m left scratching my head as to how they managed that.

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

find anet employees in game
follow them until you see them defending an objective with a “safe” piece of siege
kitten them over with this exploit

these steps are the only way anything will ever be done because the people who matter dont read bug reports and they ignore forum threads with bug reports until the bug happens to them.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

pcpsong.3850

I guess this needs some sort of dramatic title for them to even pay attention =/

Song – Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Methods.4023

Methods.4023

I wish they just take out arrow carts from the game. Most fun I had in wvw was when there was no siege but golems for a week. I like all the siege but arrow carts just take them out.

in WvW

pcpsong.3850

I got an infraction for raising this issue. GG Anet

Song – Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

I think they need to add in a some what line of sight fire for Arrow carts. So you will need to chose well if your going to put your AC is a very safe places but have low use or a very unsafe places but have high use. A risk reward type play that all wvw weapons should hold.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Posted by: Pavel.8531

Pavel.8531

I got an infraction for raising this issue. GG Anet

Oh? Did they play the “Do not engage in staff call-outs.” card on you?

in WvW

Posted by: robocafaz.9017

robocafaz.9017

Mentioned this way back when the AC’s were buffed big time:

There’s already functionality for arcing projectiles (i.e., Warrior longbow ground-targeted skills.) Arrow Cart shots should be made projectiles with a very heavy arc so they can still go over the edges of walls and such, but not through walls and ceilings and floors and whatnot.

Deany Kong – #magswag
Head Deany Kong of Deany and the Kongs [Kong]
http://www.youtube.com/user/RoboCafaz

in WvW

Posted by: WhiteAndMilky.2514

WhiteAndMilky.2514

Implement an angle of view limiter in wvw.

I play all the things 80. Pew Pew Pew. Killin joor commanders.
4 Warriors, 3 Rangers, 3 Mesmers, 2 Engineers, 2 Guardians, and Necro, Thf, Ele
-Beastygate Beast Milk, OG BG Veteran Native

in WvW

Posted by: Have No Faith In Me.1840

Have No Faith In Me.1840

dragonbrand love trying to abuse this. keyword try.