Exploitable Bug WvW map at camps as Bluevale

in WvW

Posted by: Tethyys.1276

Tethyys.1276

I’ll second that. Here are a couple SS’s I took as well.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: SpaceLord.4590

SpaceLord.4590

Gee, glad you guys gave every other tool on the forums something else to try. Nice job posting how to do this.

:(

Haaaa Key Puck (80) Norn Mesmer (80) Asura Engineer-Protocol [PRO]
Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: Tethyys.1276

Tethyys.1276

I’m glad that’s what you took away from our posts.

in WvW

Posted by: buzzkapow.8465

buzzkapow.8465

How does it prevent capturing the camp? That’s an awfully long way from the capture circle, and if they do move into the circle, they’re not invuln anymore. There’s a place like that on the opposite side of the map, at Lake. It’s a minor bug, where the invuln from being up top is clipping to the bottom side of the hill.

in WvW

Posted by: natejosiah.3178

natejosiah.3178

This is available at Lowlands too. It is their spawn area that makes them invuln. It is far from making it impossible to cap.

Ahdina – Mesmer
Member of Unlimited [ULTD]
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: SpaceLord.4590

SpaceLord.4590

What else can I take from your post? Psssst Devs do not read these, only moderators, who can do nothing about it but hopefully delete this thread.

You basically just posted a guide on how to do this. It will fix nothing by posting it here and only increase the amount of people who do it.

Thats why there is an ingame reporting tool.

Haaaa Key Puck (80) Norn Mesmer (80) Asura Engineer-Protocol [PRO]
Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

This isn’t an exploit or a bug.

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

in WvW

Posted by: lithiumwing.5493

lithiumwing.5493

Haha if it isn’t a bug or exploit, is it?

in WvW

Posted by: flyro.6083

flyro.6083

Baddie Spawn Campers crying omg what well we see next!! Serves you right IMO!

in WvW

Posted by: MaximeP.7524

MaximeP.7524

They will fix it… It can’t be left like this! Doesn’t have any sense

in WvW

natejosiah.3178

This is the same thing that happens when you’re on the north side of the BL and they can stand on their cliffs behind the gate at their spawn and are also invulnerable.

If you move back 1200 range then they will have to come out to get you, then kill them. Or they can stay there forever doing nothing…

Their spawn is a short run away, it would not help keep that camp much longer if they all died and just had to respawn and run back in.

Ahdina – Mesmer
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: TheRamosOnline.2670

TheRamosOnline.2670

To the mentally challenged, they are able to actually cap an area (You don’t have to stand in the circle contrary to belief, that only applies to sentries) while remaining invulnerable.

I’ve seen it done before, it makes the place impossible to cap as that somehow counts as being close enough to prevent a cap/cap the place without being that close to the point. Very annoying, luckily the servers we face don’t try this that often or quickly learn that keeping that single camp is a bad idea when we own everything on their map.

Report, send screenshots and move on.

in WvW

Posted by: Nut.4713

Nut.4713

It’s just the spawn invulnerable area extending a very short ways down the cliff. It isn’t an exploit and it doesn’t prevent capturing the camp. If this trivially unimportant bug serves to frustrate sleazy spawn campers this much, I hope it never gets fixed.

Aeyden – Elementalist
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

natejosiah.3178

I don’t think you had all the facts Ramos. There must have been a stealthed thief or someone hiding because I have personally participated in a cap while playing with some people in the invuln spot as well. It didn’t impede anything.

And as to recapping it once we left. Well good luck killing every sentry, guard and the guildmaster from that far away…

I’m not opposed to the invuln area being receded a little bit but I don’t think it’s game breaking either.

Ahdina – Mesmer
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Rez.2578

Rez.2578

Lol, spawn campers posting wanting anet to nerf the spawn invulnerable buff, I’ve seen it all now.

Rezz[Invi]

in WvW

Posted by: Azaruil.3406

Azaruil.3406

To the mentally challenged, they are able to actually cap an area (You don’t have to stand in the circle contrary to belief, that only applies to sentries) while remaining invulnerable.

I’ve seen it done before, it makes the place impossible to cap as that somehow counts as being close enough to prevent a cap/cap the place without being that close to the point. Very annoying, luckily the servers we face don’t try this that often or quickly learn that keeping that single camp is a bad idea when we own everything on their map.

Report, send screenshots and move on.

Hey, do you know that circle that is formed around a camp? That circle also changes colours when depending on who owns it or who is in the process of capping it. Additionally, an enemy can only block a capture if they are standing in the circle. That spawn exit is not inside the circle.

So before you go around calling people “mentally challenged”, may I suggest that you master the shape called “circle” and the colours red, blue and green first?

Thanks.

Aza
“I smell like pomegranate.”

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

The fact that you accuse others of being mentally challenged while saying this, is absolutely amazing.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: Sotaudi.1265

Sotaudi.1265

A couple of thoughts:

First, to the suggestion that someone just has to be nearby but not in the circle, I have to agree with those saying this is not so. I have been way closer than that when a camp flipped. Being in the general vicinity does not count. You have to be in the circle. In my opinion, the guy just had the attackers so preoccupied that they failed to find a thief abusing the stealth mechanics to stay permanently invisible inside the circle.

Second, technically, yes, this is an exploit. An exploit is when you use a bug (or an intended mechanic in a way that is not intended) to achieve a result that is unintended. It is clearly a bug in the terrain logic that is causing the area where he is standing to grant that player an invulnerabilty buff where no buff should exist. By making use of that bug, the person in question was exploiting it, using it as a get out of jail free card, so to speak.

The only caveat to that is that he is not shown there fighting back, but merely using the invulnerabilty state to frustrate you. If that were the only issue, I doubt an action would be taken for using the exploit in this manner. However, I assume he was in a fight for the camp or was caught out in the open near the camp and ran to that spot to avoid getting killed. That would be a actionable offense as it is using a bug in the terrain to avoid the consequences of being out in the open and not in the safe spawn area.

Finally, the first person to respond was 100% correct. It doesn’t matter what the exploit is, whether it is a bannable offense or a simple annoyance. You never post information about an exploit on the forums because, when you do, you have simply shown people who would use exploits how to do it. In fact, every MMO I have ever explicitly forbids passing on details about an exploit to anyone but them. Posting it on the forums can actually get you disciplinary action. I would remove those pictures as soon as possible.

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

Honestly anet should make it possible for people to walk back up that hill.

As far as I see it, attacking just outside their spawn is still attacking their spawn. You have no reason to be up there, camp is down below. Anet should add a ramp such that retreating players can return to the invunerable area, problem solved.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: majinvegitto.7124

majinvegitto.7124

I submitted a Bug report on this a few weeks ago. No action as of yet.

in WvW

Posted by: Xirin.8593

Xirin.8593

However, I assume he was in a fight for the camp or was caught out in the open near the camp and ran to that spot to avoid getting killed. That would be a actionable offense as it is using a bug in the terrain to avoid the consequences of being out in the open and not in the safe spawn area.

Not sure if serious…

This is incorrect. Please do not post inaccurate statements like this.

[AoN] All or Nothing

in WvW

Posted by: Calli.6309

Calli.6309

Baddie Spawn Campers crying omg what well we see next!! Serves you right IMO!

If this trivially unimportant bug serves to frustrate sleazy spawn campers this much, I hope it never gets fixed.

Lol, spawn campers posting wanting anet to nerf the spawn invulnerable buff, I’ve seen it all now.

spawn camping + zerging at its best

in WvW

Posted by: Roo Stercogburn.9671

Roo Stercogburn.9671

Personally I feel players should only be invulnerable until they actively use an attack on an enemy player, at which point they should cease to be invulnerable, even if they stay within the spawn camp.

I agree that players should not be attackable at/in their spawn. However, by attacking someone they accept that they should in return become attackable.

A lot of problems would simply go away if this change was implemented.

Master Baker on Gunnars Hold serving you hot cookies.
Looney vids at http://www.youtube.com/feed/UCRhCtfrF9GhxU1CoeZSN0kQ/u
Midnight Mayhem

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Personally I feel players should only be invulnerable until they actively use an attack on an enemy player, at which point they should cease to be invulnerable, even if they stay within the spawn camp.

I agree that players should not be attackable at/in their spawn. However, by attacking someone they accept that they should in return become attackable.

A lot of problems would simply go away if this change was implemented.

so… who would atack first if the target is invunerable? the egg or the chicken? that would be like a challange invite? cant imagine it on zergs.

I would prefer IMHO the removal of the invurability effect due hights, a player/npc is being hitted or not, unless its a spawn.

Its also anoying while fighting high damage npc’s/mobs and they get invunerable at the midle of the fight.
Npc/mobs always find a way to reach the player that would be good to observe more often, that would also leed to new ways to flank the enemy.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.