Exploitation of Pets in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: HARDOFREADING.7298

HARDOFREADING.7298

A good look needs to be taken at some of the things Rangers are allowed to exploit with pets and the lack of hard penalties for a dead pet.
Why are pets allowed to ruin every Trap build this game has ever seen?
If there are stealth traps…siege traps…supply traps….why not a genuine ANIMAL trap?
It’s far too easy to just run a pet thru everything & suffer no consequences…
Make Pet builds share a Health pool with their master or make the sanctions for an expired pet mean something aside from a minor loss of dps.
Looks pretty obvious to me one of the game designers runs a Pet build as his main or there would have been a more significant effort made to balance Druid long before everyone that ran 4 Druids in an Spvp squad was allowed to exploit their way to a tier 6 pvp badge.
Balance is a sad joke right now.

in WvW

Posted by: Indie.4129

Indie.4129

ele summons, necro minions, mesmer clones……., not sure about guradian or engi summons…

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

Ya I think rangers are gonna be the least of your problems…

Pet death/healing mechanics ARE stupid though imo. They have insane hp and when they do go to 0 they can be back at full health 7 seconds later…would be nice if killing/damaging the pets DID something. The whole /ignore the pets mechanic is old and lazy.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Sure nerf pets doing this. But also nerf traps into the ground. It’s just stupid to get insta killed by a few dragonhunters laying traps over eachother.

Edit: don’t really know why you bring Spvp problem into the wvw sub forum, mis posted?

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

(edited by Offair.2563)

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Ranger pets have been one of the weakest class abilities in WvW since release. Most of the time people can just ignore them. As for them screwing up a DH trapper build… fine with me as that build is OP right now.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Krypto.2069

Krypto.2069

Druid: Hey, Fido! Here boy! <Druid whistles to his faithful companion>

Fido: ARF!

Druid: You see that DH over yonder, boy?

Fido: ARF!

Druid: He just spotted us and laid a bunch of soon to be useless traps. Run up to him and show him the error of his ways. Afterwards, I’ll pin-cushion him to death, collect the loot bag, and bring you back to life… that’s if you even die.

Fido: Heheheee…. ARF!! >:)

Druid: Good boy!

Every class/build has its counter.

Moonlight [THRU]

in WvW

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

Honestly, this is a non-issue.

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)