Exploration Title and Color System

in WvW

Posted by: Brangwen Liana.5632

Brangwen Liana.5632

I am working on my exploration title and I am finding the color system of world v world is working against me. My server has not been red for months. I have green and I have blue, but am shy of being able to complete the rest of the points in the red zone. I would love to see a-net do away with the color system as it stands now. Does anyone know if this a change that is coming down the pipe, and hopefully soon?

in WvW

Posted by: Jayshua.5068

Jayshua.5068

This would be a welcome change. If we could have a revolving color per week or something!

in WvW

Posted by: Brendar.3548

Brendar.3548

If I had got a gold each time this was suggested, I’d have everything for my Kudzu by now.

Ignorance killed the cat, curiosity was framed.

in WvW

Posted by: Baralendir.3941

Baralendir.3941

This would be a welcome change. If we could have a revolving color per week or something!

^^ This. Totally agree.

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

Color depends on the Rank at the start of the match.
Here you can see the actual rank and the likely next matchups:
http://mos.millenium.org/matchups

You are GREEN (Rank 1, 4, 7, …) if you are best ranked in your match at start of the match, BLUE (Rank 2, 5, 8, …) if second and RED (Rank 3, 6, 9, …) if third.

And on Ethernal Battlefields this makes sense, Red is the easiest position and green the most difficult one, blue in the middle.

And this has been asked and answered in several dozen posts.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in WvW

Brangwen Liana.5632

Dayra,

Thanks for the information about rank. I knew most of it, but was not aware that one side is harder than another. If the game is going to have a title that is based on exploration of a map you can almost never get to because your server just doesn’t get into that color then something needs to be done. Maybe WvW shouldn’t be part of the overall percentage of the exploration title. I could see having world v world not part of the percentage and having that area with its own title of exploration as it is the hardest area to explore period.

I am sure this topic has come up a bazillion times and will continue to come up because it is an issue in-game that needs a different solution than what we have now. I am adding my voice to the mix to ask for a solution that gives me a real opportunity to get my exploration title done without having to find a server that is in the red and move over there just to get to that part of the map.

in WvW

Posted by: Heru.5427

Heru.5427

If you are a PvEr I’m sure you have lots of money, why don’t you just transfer for a week or something?

in WvW

Brangwen Liana.5632

Why would I have a lot of money as a PvE’r? I am unsure how that correlates. I also am an officer in my guild. I am not going to switch servers to be in a server that is red to get the points I need. Something like that shouldn’t be necessary to obtain those points.

in WvW

Posted by: Lithium.6798

Lithium.6798

I seriously hope ANet implements some sort of color rotation in the future. I’ve been stuck at 99% map completion for at least a month and a half now because of 3 forts in EB.

in WvW

Posted by: DanielMc.7204

DanielMc.7204

I’m in agreement that WvWvW should be removed from Map Completion. If we are rarely/never in a position to be in the “Red” position, then it becomes difficult to complete the “Red” map. Of course, one way to do this would be for a guild to “zerg” it. If you have a group of 20 – 30 people you could, ostensibly, clear the whole thing. But, seriously, that shouldn’t have to happen and still doesn’t address the problem of someone soloing a map being unable to clear it. Keep WvWvW the way it is, but remove the maps from the Map Completion Achievement.

in WvW

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

Why would I have a lot of money as a PvE’r? I am unsure how that correlates. I also am an officer in my guild. I am not going to switch servers to be in a server that is red to get the points I need. Something like that shouldn’t be necessary to obtain those points.

It’s not necessary. Get your guild involved in wvwvw. Lead them to the locations you need and take them over.

If you can’t, or your guild can’t, then you need to try to convince the zerg to do it. Easiest way? Spend 100G on a commander book and head towards the locations you need.

There are a lot of options to get what you are looking for. The problem is that it takes effort.

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

in WvW

Brangwen Liana.5632

Kumu,

My guild is involved in WvWvW. I actually am a commander. I enjoy the strategy of the environment. My guild enjoys WvW, but isn’t focused on that place of gameplay. We enjoy all aspects of the game. Therefore pulling together a large enough group to “take over,” the red map is probably not going to happen. I also don’t feel its right to use my commander title to cause people to go and try and conquer the red map so that I can capture the points I need.

Daniel Mc. posted that the system works against those who are single players and are waiting for that one section to be completed because we are rarely that particular color. A solution needs to be reached if WvW is going to be part of the map completion. The best solution I can think of is make it a special map completetion achievement that is not part of the overall world map. That would probably be easiest for the developers too.

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

There is hardly any untakeable location in WvW, with 20ppl doing a night attack you can take nearly everything, if you aren’t in T1.

And if it is for a hard to get location for your server, you may even recruit your 20+ in lion arch

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in WvW

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

You don’t need to take over the map.

You just need to take key locations.

Specifically the ones you are missing.

Hit that red keep. Take it away from them. Get your POI/Vistas. You are a commander, so command.

FOR THE SWARM!

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

in WvW

Posted by: drkn.3429

drkn.3429

having that area with its own title of exploration as it is the hardest area to explore period.

Explored WvW with 17 toons, across two accounts (mine and fiancee’s). No transfers.
It was challenging with the first 2-3 toons. It took some time – not talking just about the sheer running from spot to spot, but also waiting for matchup resets to get the needed colour, or a matchup in which my server can dominate enough to cap the spots i still need (hence why i mapped SM on all toons the first time i saw it controlled by my server after the idea of mapping WvW on all toons, even unplayed alts, has occured to me).

But what i mainly did was got into the format and actually played WvW with those toons, mainly in the maps i still needed to explore, and simply ‘wait’ until my spots got captured by my folks. While i can feel for the players with rigs not good enough to handle WvW, and no arguing about that, period, i find the requirement of mapping WvW very healthy and decent in general – kinda forces you to experience the format you’re probably not visiting very often, and it’s kitten worth it actually.

I heard of people organising scheduled ‘WvW mapping events for PvErs’ on their respective server forums, gathering 20+ PvE players who went on a rampage through towers to just get those PoIs they still need. Perhaps it’s time to get involved with your server’s community and organise a similar run, appealing to the PvE players who are in a similar situation like you?

Get social or competitive, or don’t play MMOs, in short =)